should voice acting be a thing in zelda

• Thread starter freezebot
  • Start date
I wouldn't mind it, but try to give dialogue to Link or voice acting and I will hate Nintendo. The thing is that Link is a silent character, and you can take it as you want. I take it as he is such a hero he doesn't need to speak or that you speak as Link and if they added dialogue to Link it would ruin it. And they should give great voices especially to Zelda, Ganondorf and Midna if she comes back.

:D :D

Welp, voice acting would be kinda nice, it worked in starfox, but i think it would make more sense to just use it in cutscenes and in gameplay such as and epona chase or something like that when you cant read text because you need to keep up with the gameplay, in calm areas when you have time to read it would be more pleasant to not have voice acting and having text instead of it

It might work, if Nintendo take the "Half-Life" approach and give voices to every character but Link. But an option to turn off the voice acting would be necessary to keep everyone happy. But if its like the CD-I games...:dead:

Umm... No.. To be honest, the little bits of voice acting where the character hums or begins to say "Hey" is a nice touch already, I really don't think a full fledged voice acting in zelda would be good, maybe when the time comes for a movie or anime for it then sure I'd say yes.

but for the game that's just a different story, I like the dialogue the characters say in text form, I. Sorry... But like if link talks, I. Done with the legend of zelda I like it when he's a voiceless warrior it just makes sense okay.

But you people have to know a change isn't always good thing, it really makes sense to me that the characters can "talk" a bit and link can't talk at all, he just needs a fairy by him or like in yu-gi-oh where he has his inner link and that one talks, look im just saying, everything should just be the way it is from the start of zelda, maybe it would be cool if he could think of the past and have an inner link or have a fairy those are better options, like its fine seeing that other nintendo characters speak but link is just perfect the way he is and the legend of zelda is perfect the way the game is.

now I can't wait for the new one but I need a job first so yeah!

well there been a lot of rumors about voice acting being a thing in the newest game for Wii u (and possibly the nintendo nx) zelda U. personally i think that voice acting would be pretty great for the zelda series if they want to attract new player AS LONG AS THEY DON'T GIVE LINK VOICE ACTING bwecause if they do give link voice acting then it would kind of ruin his flow. so what are your thoughts of the zelda series having voice acting.
no i hope nintendo does not have voice acting it would be weird and the little sounds they make when you talk to someone is perfect.

Well, Breath of the Wild is confirmed to feature voice acting :D

Not for Link though, I don't like his silent treatment but, oh well >.> I've never seen Link as a self-insert, and neither does Nintendo, nor should the fans, because he's really not a self-insert anymore.

But, as long as other characters have voices I'm okay, Zelda's voice sounds really good on that trailer <3

Not for Link though, I don't like his silent treatment but, oh well >.> I've never seen Link as a self-insert, and neither does Nintendo, nor should the fans, because he's really not a self-insert anymore.

But, as long as other characters have voices I'm okay, Zelda's voice sounds really good on that trailer <3
oh yea zelda has a voice i have changed my mind voice acting is best thing ever.

yeah gotta love that peaceful music in the trailer

yeah gotta love that peaceful music in the trailer
The voice that says "Open your eyes" and "Wake up, Link" is Zelda's. Like, 99% sure of it, on the Japanese trailer it's even Zelda's voicr from HW.

i know

The voice that says "Open your eyes" and "Wake up, Link" is Zelda's. Like, 99% sure of it, on the Japanese trailer it's even Zelda's voicr from HW.
listening to it right now

Well, now that there is voice acting, I can say that if is an excellent addition to the Zelda series, even if it was pulled off with a few issues in BoTW. I thought the voice actors for pretty much everyone were spot on, with the exceptions of King Rhoam, Zelda, and Misha, who can't seem to decide where they are British or not...:dead:

Well, there actually is voice acting now, in Breath of the Wild. I loved that they made Zelda have a British voice. At first, it fought me off guard, but I rolled with it pretty quickly, and now I always imagine every incarnation if Zelda with that voice. Makes me really excited to hear that voice again when Breath of the Wild 2 drops in a few years, you know? :kermit:

Back