Should we really have to pay for Poke'Bank

• Thread starter associate professor
  • Start date
A

associate professor

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
I remember before pokemon X and pokemon y that we could intertrade between past genarations so why is it that we have to pay now? Now dont get me wrong i love nintendo and there games but do they really have to start charging us for everything. I want to know would you guys leave nintendo if they s tarted charging for basic things such as Online interactions. I personally wouldnt want to but would have to from lackm of income i would have to cut off the non neccesitys.

No we shouldn't but Nintendo are just greedy people who want lots of money. Past generations the transfer feature was in game..but Nintendo tried to make a program to stop hackers putting their hacked pokemon into the game, this failed however.

No we shouldn't but Nintendo are just greedy people who want lots of money. Past generations the transfer feature was in game..but Nintendo tried to make a program to stop hackers putting their hacked pokemon into the game, this failed however.
Excuse me? "Greedy People"?! Do you realize what you are saying? If I were you, I'd put that attribute to Sony/Xbox, as they have almost never listened to the playerbase.
If you think you should not need to pay for PokeBank, think again. It costs anywhere between ~270$-1000$ A month to maintain a server that is supposed to be functioning nearly 24 hours a day. It takes valuable resources to make sure everything is running properly, and there is also the security issue: More than likely, there would be another node to verify legal/hacked Pokemon
You could trade between previous games as there was a similar engine that supported the game. However, Nintendo found out about Pokemon being hacked that made the game unfair for many players. Therefore, they took action to ensure everyone would receive fair treatment.

Reactions: Robbie, numage, Mikaya and 1 other person
I do agree with you that in the past generations of pokemon games you could have use devices that allowed to do things similar to this but pokemon bank is a paid service and is from the Nintendo e-shop sure I wish it was free but that is just how the pokemon bank works plus they have their rewards in pokemon bank like celebi.

Well it does cost companies a lot of money to have a server up... Then they have to also make sure that it's a secure server since they can't afford to screw that one up as well

Yes and no. Let me explain it:

Yes because -> As many people pointed out, maintaining a server costs lots of money. Not to mention that they have to secure the server (DDoS, hacking, stuff like that), and deal with many complex things (I won't put it here, but you should know that those are tedious things). They also often have to update the algorithm that checks the legality/status of the sent "data" (okay, not really data, since those are Pokémons), which might costs them an additional test server/computer.

No because -> Of course there are many things to do that are expensive, but, aren't games and consoles expensive enough (it's even worse in Brazil and countries in South America) ? And, shouldn't we be able to access at least to one, free box just for transfer purposes ? I mean, you've paid for the games, so, why should you pay to transfer your data to the "next-gen" games ?
It sounds evil, no ?

Conclusion: Though the idea of paying sounds horrible to transfer data, unfortunately, we have to deal with it, as all the income GameFreak might make from PokéBank goes for the server maintenance, and the guys who work on them, so, it's kinda like a 50/50 situation, finally.

Reactions: 532
Pokemon Bank (as many people pointed out) takes a lot of money to run. So it is right on their part to charge us. However they should have launched a feature in game itself that we can transfer pokemon from other gens to in-game.

Paying for PokeBank doesn't bother me. It takes a lot of money to keep a server up 24/7 and since Nintendo Wifi for wii and the Ds systems have been shut off its a lot harder to get hacked pokemon into Pokémon X/Y or ORAS. And as stated above Greedy should be stapled on Microsoft and Sony due to u have to pay for a lot of stuff from those companies. also everywhere you go money is important you need money to ride a bus get water enter a museum and so on a so forth so Paying for PokeBank I don't think is a problem.

Pokemon Bank (as many people pointed out) takes a lot of money to run. So it is right on their part to charge us. However they should have launched a feature in game itself that we can transfer pokemon from other gens to in-game.
Pokémon Bank I think doesn't take all that much money I think its for a year right so you can finish a pokemon game in a year and even get all the pokemon in the world by that time using pokemon bank.Maybe they just want money.

Pokemon Transporter should be. There's absolutely no reason for that to involve Pokemon Bank.

Pokemon Bank itself though, I'm pretty content with it's price. I think it's fair.

Isn't Pokemon Bank just 5$ a year? Are you really complaining about something costing just $5?

Reactions: Mikaya
It should definitely cost money. Keeping the server up costs a lot of money and 5 dollars a year isn't bad. The other gens had poketransport and stuff like that but pokebank allows you tinmove Pokemon from one game to another easily, although I wish they would allow me to move mega stones from game to game. Another thing Pokebank allows is to transfer Pokemon with only one system. Before, people had to have two systems to transfer the Pokemon but know we only need one. For people with only one system, five dollars is cheaper than $160

It makes me mad that we have to pay to transfer our Pokemon now, I wish they did something like when you bring pokemon from Gen 4 To 5, as an alternative at least (for those who have 2 DSes (DS's? I dunno)

I'm fine with paying for Pokemon Bank itself, makes me feel good that my $5 is keeping my, and my fellow brothers in Mon's, Pokemon safe

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. It's kind of dumb how they charge us. I have so much stuff waiting in Pearl and Soulsilver that I just can't get over because I don't have money!

Because of this Pokemon bank, I started to visit this website . Nintendo...... It's too bad that they charge us.. :(

It's what, £5 a year? Just pay some damn money. For an extra 100 boxes or whatever it is, and the ability to transfer cleanly and easily through Pokemon games from XY to whatever the future holds, I think it's worth it.

Reactions: Mikaya
Not worth a single penny. This is just typical Nintendo Bs trying to screw kids out of their cash. I don't mind paying for services if they're good like Netflix, Xbox Live Gold, etc. they deserve to be paid but just a single Pokemon storage, that's completely Bull-Shayt.

It's what, £5 a year? Just pay some damn money. For an extra 100 boxes or whatever it is, and the ability to transfer cleanly and easily through Pokemon games from XY to whatever the future holds, I think it's worth it.

That's how I feel. Most people can probably round up that money and then some just off cash and change they find on the ground in public >.>

My subscription is about to run out and I already have the money in my account to renew it. I probably wouldn't renew it immediately because I haven't been playing Pokemon, but I'm way too lazy to transfer all those Pokemon back to my games.

That's how I feel. Most people can probably round up that money and then some just off cash and change they find on the ground in public >.>

My subscription is about to run out and I already have the money in my account to renew it. I probably wouldn't renew it immediately because I haven't been playing Pokemon, but I'm way too lazy to transfer all those Pokemon back to my games.
Oh dear, I think my bank is gonna run out soon, too. I had best check how long I have.

Well look at it from Nintendo's perspective. Their giving out internet space for people to keep their pokemon in. That space adds up, and Nintendo can't afford to go broke because people are catching so many pokemon. Not that they would, but maybe they just need the extra cash. Think of it like this. Every time you give some cash to Nintendo, they use it to produce a game tht you might love.

Reactions: Mikaya and blinboy
Back