Should we really have to pay for Poke'Bank

• Thread starter associate professor
  • Start date
I think it's just a way for Nintendo to rake in some $$$. They could've offered a free service, with a onetime payment for a certain amount of space... but noo >.< A subscription. Which I hate. >.< I hope Nintendo keeps games they are currently and doesn't add vast amounts of dlc to them because That's just not Nintendo, but I feel like they're getting there.

This is technically a donation, as others have pointed out. You're paying $5 for a service, but that $5 goes towards the servers, and the stuff to keep Pokebank up. If this was free, and no one paid for this ever, then it probably wouldn't last long. You also have to think that even with the money Nintendo makes off of sales and everything, I'm fairly certain they still don't make nearly as much as Microsoft and Sony do yearly (correct me if I'm wrong here). It took a year and a half/2 years for Wii U sales to actually go up, and now they're doing alright. But Pokemon Shuffle and PokeBank are just their ways of making money.

Well, you also have to remember that this service also has the possibility of being used for the next generation.

hehe the only way Nintendo actually gets better is the money we pay so don't get so mad about paying and you don't need to use it unless you have to . I myself don't really like the idea of paying and it doesn't seem inportant that it could wait a later time when you have leftover money." Its the 3ds / Wii U era and Nintendo finds a new way to absorb peoples money:cry:"

Back