Sonic Forces his way to Nintendo Switch

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Let me kick things off by saying I hate Sonic with a passion. I don't enjoy the games, I don't like playing against or using the character in Smash and that TV series make me facepalm every single time :facepalm:

Guess what happened just now? ;-;

I took a look at the Sonic Forces trailer for the Nintendo Switch console and I'm... actually impressed xD I want to give it a shot, despite by dislike for Sonic games :panda:

What do you guys think about the game?

I really enjoyed the old school 3D sonic games back in the day, but I have been so disappointed by the modern 3D sonic titles. It seems like they always manage to mess up the new games somehow. So many of them are either glitchy or revolve around some kind of lame gimmick. However, this game doesn't seem to have any of that gunk or fluff. It looks like it might actually be a pure sonic game. With that being said, I don't want to get my hopes up too high just yet.

This thread should be called "Sonic Forces his way to Nintendo Switch"
jkjk
This title could be a good comeback for Modern Sonic if it focuses enough on perfecting the sonic formula that was introduced through Unleashed, Colors, and Generations. I hope they keep the emphasis on the Sonics rather than the millions of side characters that are present within the series. The title "Sonic Forces" to me implies that there may be some gimmick introduced similar to Sonic Heroes, so I do think those side characters will be present here.

I dunno. I'm just gonna wait till there's more info before I decide if I'm interested or not.

Reactions: Marc
I really like Mega Drive Sonic games and the first 3D title (i.e. Adventure, but still have to play Adventure 2) and don't really dislike the modern ones (well, except for Generation 3DS version and the Sonic Boom title which I haven't tried but had a really unimpressive demo), so I'm pretty hyped for the game, hoping they don't mess anything with the gameplay. :nailbiting:

I'll probably get this, if only for the sake of having more games on the Switch. I've never actually played a modern Sonic like this. I think the newest Sonic I played was Sonic Rush.

I don't recall how many times I've said this really, but I'll say it again. I only like the sonic games that have remained Cannon.
(So nothing post & Knuckles.) Everything else after, is as non-cannon as newer Simpsons episodes after we find out Skinner was Armen Tamzarion. (Or however that's spelled. :p) And so I've just fallen out of Sonic after a while when it decided to be edgier, and include useless characters.

Pink Hedgehog fangirl hedgehog, Peter Cottontail, Black anti-hero hedgehog robot, Busty bat lady, Purple fire cat, White telekenetic hedgehog, I never liked any of those animals. They just didn't fit in at all, whatsoever.

And no this game isn't interesting to me.

Let me kick things off by saying I hate Sonic with a passion.
Oh come on Marc, what did Sonic ever do to you?

I'm not interested in this one because it's on the Switch, but it does look decent.

I'm not interested in this one because it's on the Switch, but it does look decent.
Actually, Marc is forgetting the game is on Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One. You can still get it. Nobody said it's an exclusive!

Reactions: 18
He has his reasons I'm sure.

He has his reasons I'm sure.
Yeah, how dare I ask him in total seriousness, right?

He stole my last chocolate chip cookie .-.

I just strongly dislike the games. That, and how his power is speed. I'm not a fan of Flash as a superhero either tbh.

Reactions: Ace
He stole my last chocolate chip cookie .-.

I just strongly dislike the games. That, and how his power is speed. I'm not a fan of Flash as a superhero either tbh.
But his power isn't speed. That's just an ability he has. His power is the power of good, of righteousness, of stopping a villain from seizing the powerful Chaos Emeralds, of raising cute Chaos and playing with them, of setting small animals free, of forgiving his archnemesis... say what you will, but he has far more integrity than any Nintendo or indeed most other video game protagonists ever did.

I'm not really a huge fan of the past 3D-ish sonic games, because they never appealed to me. I don't know, I just find them kinda repetitive. I liked the 2D styles much more. But now looking at this trailer, The game actually looks great! I might just give it a chance. Nice name for a title as well. The environments and improved graphics are good.

@Spinnerweb
You forgot his other power, (The power to suck even more as more games come out.)
Chaos cute? When is chaos ever cute when risen? (It's a phenomenon when things turn to boom boom. And that's never cute when it happens .)
And good and righteousness aren't powers, it's only character. (Good and righteousness doesn't rescue Mary Jane from falling, giant webs do.)
He isn't even the fastest either. (The person for that honor is Mario.)
Lastly: Bayonetta is a better person than other game protagonists. She's defined, strong willed, cares for others, and comfortable in her own skin. And in the paths of right and wrong, she chose her own way.

@Spinnerweb
You forgot his other power, (The power to suck even more as more games come out.)
Chaos cute? When is chaos ever cute when risen? (It's a phenomenon when things turn to boom boom. And that's never cute when it happens .)
And good and righteousness aren't powers, it's only character. (Good and righteousness doesn't rescue Mary Jane from falling, giant webs do.)
He isn't even the fastest either. (The person for that honor is Mario.)
Lastly: Bayonetta is a better person than other game protagonists. She's defined, strong willed, cares for others, and comfortable in her own skin. And in the paths of right and wrong, she chose her own way.

But good and righteousness is why Spiderman used those webs to save her. Venom wouldn't have saved her. He had webs too.

Chaos (pronounced Ch-ao, like in 'check') are also cute creatures you can raise in Sonic Adventure, a much better and content-packed game than any 3D Mario has ever been.

Bayonetta is a stripper who had to keep her clothes on just so that the games could get mainstream releases, she displays their mannerisms at every opportunity she gets. We talk about how it's so good that so-and-so is comfortable in her own skin but she's getting other people involved whether they want to or not when she wiggles her butt for the camera. And that's not cool for the ten-year-old kid who gets in trouble with his parents because he didn't know Bayonetta was so licentious, he just wanted to play a poor man's Devil May Cry. It doesn't affect me - in all respects it benefits me since I'm so perverted - but it does affect kids and less horny people. But in an analysis, all is acceptable as long as the analyst is being pleased, right?

That said, I said most protagonists, not all. Doubtless there are those who possess as much integrity as Sonic. The Residen Evil characters, for example. The thing is, these heroes are selfless and work to prevent evil even when it doesn't concern them. Nintendo protagonists are not. They always need a personal stake to get going - Peach or Zelda got kidnapped, bla bla bla. And Mario isn't faster than Sonic, I don't know what you're up to with that. Powerups? 5-second powerups don't count m8. Sonic has innate speed.

Last edited:
@Spinnerweb, no power ups, Mario just is faster. Lookie here.

Ooooh Chaos. Peter Cotton tail has one in the non-cannon stuff I think? And I wouldn't count the stereotypical RE characters, old or new, hero or villain. They're only a joke to me now. (RE 7 being the worst and most strangest of the series.) so none of them either.

Ooooh Chaos. Peter Cotton tail has one in the non-cannon stuff I think? And I wouldn't count the stereotypical RE characters, old or new, hero or villain. They're only a joke to me now. (RE 7 being the worst and most strangest of the series.) so none of them either.

Lol at you taking fan theories seriously. They're little more than desperate fan fiction.

Well I do.

If my laptop can handle Sonic Forces Imma play it.

Reactions: Ethendor
I don't recall how many times I've said this really, but I'll say it again. I only like the sonic games that have remained Cannon.
(So nothing post & Knuckles.) Everything else after, is as non-cannon as newer Simpsons episodes after we find out Skinner was Armen Tamzarion. (Or however that's spelled. :p) And so I've just fallen out of Sonic after a while when it decided to be edgier, and include useless characters.

Pink Hedgehog fangirl hedgehog, Peter Cottontail, Black anti-hero hedgehog robot, Busty bat lady, Purple fire cat, White telekenetic hedgehog, I never liked any of those animals. They just didn't fit in at all, whatsoever.

And no this game isn't interesting to me.
You do know that Amy shows up in Sonic CD a game that came out before Sonic and Knuckles

I never really played Sonic CD. (I thought the Sega CD was released after the Genesis, but I guess I'm mistaken?)

Back