Speaking Inklish!

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
What are your thoughts on the way that Inklings talk in Splatoon? it is cute? does it sound annoying? do you wish they could talk actual English or would that just ruin the whole game? :p

I think it's really cute. They sound like little chipmunks. xD

I check out the other Inklings in Inkopolis just to hear their awesome voices. :p

Squid Sisters said:
STAYYYYYYYY FREEEEEEEEEEEEEESH

It's funny, kinda like simlish from "The Sims" series. I think it's pretty cute.

But talking about the people behind the Inklings.

THE MEMES oh no not the memes

squidward y

Reactions: SmashChamp and Mikaya
Wiggly Squiggly :3

What would happen if everyone started speaking inkling?

I think it's cute, although it can get annoying.

They should have added a feature that turned game chat into squid talk xD

Reactions: Mikaya
I think the inkling laungage is interesting and very unique to many splatoon fans because of the introduction of callie and marie inkgrish has been the main language in all of their songs and other artists songs in inkopolis or JAPAN. This is a question I would love to be answer by game developers of what the language of inkgrish means and how could it be translated if possible.

It reminds me somewhat of the way villagers in Animal crossing speak. It's heavily influenced by the Japanese language (with a little bit of gargle-ish effects). Inklish is too hard not to adore. :p

Reactions: 3823
I love er...inklish xD

It's so fun to hear and um...try to say no matter how many times I fail doing it lol. It's cute how they speak on the game and even a bit unique how Nintendo made that. The only thing that I don't like about inkling is the signs in inkopolis.

I think it's pretty funny. To be honest I think that what they sound like is them whispering but talking. Like in splatfest that song is the best. If they talked like normal it would take away the fun from SPLATOON. If I could I would download the splatfest song and listen to them sing.

Sometimes my mind tends to make out english words in what the inklings say. I can't think of all the examples, but I listed a couple below. :p

Female inkling using special: "Here Amy"
1 of the Male inkling death cries: "Oh my god" (in a watered down Donald Duck voice)

Reactions: Mikaya and SmashChamp
Sometimes my mind tends to make out english words in what the inklings say. I can't think of all the examples, but I listed a couple below. :p

Female inkling using special: "Here Amy"
1 of the Male inkling death cries: "Oh my god" (in a watered down Donald Duck voice)
Nice xd

Wommy! i think that means hi or hello

What are your thoughts on the way that Inklings talk in Splatoon? it is cute? does it sound annoying? do you wish they could talk actual English or would that just ruin the whole game? :p

I think it's really cute. They sound like little chipmunks. xD

I check out the other Inklings in Inkopolis just to hear their awesome voices. :p
yeah i think its cute too! i havent played yet but i've seen a lot of footage on the game. the inklings look and sound very adorable in my opinion. ^^

They talk like they do in Animal Crossing, it's just gibberish and I don't think there's an actual language there. At least, I don't think there is, I could be wrong. The only thing I can make out is the Wiggly Squiggly.

It's adorable. It's kinda like animal-crossing-adorable-talking 2.0 :3

It adds to the charm of the game. I can not imagine the inklings speaking English in deep voices. That would be soo akward... god. xD Imagine Callie and Marie talking in a deep voice :hilarious: STAY FRESH :D

I think it's pretty cute actually!I mean you have inklings that are saying Wommy and then there's another inkling saying Wiggly Squiggly.It's so cute!

Has anyone tried to see if there's some kind of writing system on the signs? Or is it just gibberish?

Either way, it is a cute language and it's fun to listen to them all speak and chatter away. It does remind me quite a bit of the Animal Crossing language.

Its fun to spam booyah in tower control when u have the tower and the other team is far away, i transform into kid and squid 3 much while i spam booyah and jump, my team is annoyed and jumps off the tower and im the only one there, thats the only time ive ever listened closely to how they actually speak

Actually, their language is spoken in both Japanese and English backwards. Really weird, but a cool way to create the way the squids speak. So pretty much, it is a bunch of jabber jibber.
Its fun to spam booyah in tower control when u have the tower and the other team is far away, i transform into kid and squid 3 much while i spam booyah and jump, my team is annoyed and jumps off the tower and im the only one there, thats the only time ive ever listened closely to how they actually speak
I love to spam CMON a lot, especially if my team does crappy. It sucks when your team simply gives up and does absolutely nothing productive.

Actually, their language is spoken in both Japanese and English backwards. Really weird, but a cool way to create the way the squids speak. So pretty much, it is a bunch of jabber jibber.

I love to spam CMON a lot, especially if my team does crappy. It sucks when your team simply gives up and does absolutely nothing productive.
Just like midna's talking, its japanese backwards

I think that the way that the Inklings speak is just fine, as it somewhat reminds me of the way the Sims used to speak gibberish in order to cut down on the insane costs associated with true voice acting. (I assume that Splatoon did this for the same reasons. Seriously, look up how much it costs!)

I love how the Inklings speak! It’s really fun to try to learn what they’re saying, lol. Plus, when I hear an Inkling say “Woomy!”, I think to myself, “Now that is a worthy way of speaking.” xD

Back