Speaking Inklish!

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
I love how the Inklings speak! It’s really fun to try to learn what they’re saying, lol. Plus, when I hear an Inkling say “Woomy!”, I think to myself, “Now that is a worthy way of speaking.” xD
I like their Woomy too. I press up when in the Splatoon costume in Mario Maker just to hear the Woomy. :p

I think that the way that the Inklings speak is just fine, as it somewhat reminds me of the way the Sims used to speak gibberish in order to cut down on the insane costs associated with true voice acting. (I assume that Splatoon did this for the same reasons. Seriously, look up how much it costs!)
I would think that talking backwards would be harder and cost the same. And yes, they do have voice actors for the inklings.

The way the Inklings speak is so funny to me! I think they are talking some sorta squid talk. Like others have said previously, I think this was to cut down on costs. If there were voice lines, it would cost a heck ton of money. I'm fine with no voice acting. I like the squid garble :p

Back