Splatoon 2 Squid Beakons are useless in Splatoon 2!

• Thread starter SS1o7crazydude
  • Start date
And what if I find it a waste of time, that using beacons does not fit my playstyle and I prefer using a damaging weapon over a strategic one.

And what if I find it a waste of time, that using beacons does not fit my playstyle and I prefer using a damaging weapon over a strategic one.
Yup. That's just you but you can't say generally it's useless ;)

Reactions: Mizunil and Mikaya
See, you can't even protest against my statements. Next time, don't start a discussion like this where I'm "supposedly" the one started the thread without my permission.

See, you can't even protest against my statements. Next time, don't start a discussion like this where I'm "supposedly" the one started the thread without my permission.
You posted in my thread when it no longer served a purpose ;) so it was either moving the post to its own thread or deletion.

You can't say squid beakons are useless because that isn't true at all lol. You CAN say it's useless to you in your setup or if you don't look at the map often to jump to it.

Reactions: Mikaya
Yeesh, the salt in this room though! If he had been given the option to make a proper post at the beginning of the forum rather than just having the worst possible beginning of a thread ever this would be a much less annoying conversation. I don’t have all the context, but maybe you could have asked him what he would prefer @Marc ?

I don’t have all the context, but maybe you could have asked him what he would prefer @Marc ?
It was posted on my question thread so that means it was open for discussing. It's a carbon copy of his post just moved away from my question topic to discuss this specific topic :p (if all of the posts were in my question topic, they would have been split).

Edit: Anyhoo, this is getting off-topic. Let's continue the off-topic comments on our profiles.

Last edited:
Squid beakons are useful.
From reading the previous messages, squid beakons are useless to you. Yeah they can be destroyed easily but when placed in good spots I've seen them utilized very well many different ranks and gamemodes. People play in many different ways, thats the whole reason there is a variety of weapons/subs/specials in the first place. Variety is literally what makes Splatoon that much more engaging. Its not possible to say any item is 'useless' especially in Splatoon, someone is bound to use it properly lol.

It all depends on how you look at them. Could be useful or not useful depending.

Ive had people on my team use squid beakons perfectly. Like using it for splat zones in wahoo world. It's at a spot where the enemy can't destroy it unless they go around the middle and come to your side. But it's also at a spot where you can immediately ink the splat zone as soon as u land to reclaim it. It all depends on who uses it and how its used. And squid beakons also show nearby enemies (really short radius though) so you can't really get splatted by an enemy camping near it. And though it can get destroyed, it can provide a team with a chance to get the last second push. Like if you place a beakon on the tower in tower control and someone superjumps there just before it's destroyed and uses a splashdown. It's an oddly specific scenario but it can provide that team with the last second push they need for a win.

Back