Star Fox Wii U

• Thread starter fantanoice
  • Start date
fantanoice

fantanoice

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
So during E3 this year, Shigeru Miyamoto showed off a very early build of a new Star Fox game for Wii U. The game is set for release in 2015.

Even though we don't know much about it yet, I'm keen to get it because I have been a Star Fox fan for years. I just hope it ends up being better than Assault and Command.

Wow, I'm surprised this is the first thread we did...

The only thing confirmed, as how Mr. Miyamoto played the game, it will be fully based in the GamePad.
Also, for being just an early stage of the game, it looked awesome.

I never played a Star Fox game before, because I didn't had the chance to buy Star Fox 64 3D, so it's more likely I will buy it.

Bleh. I don't think they should have had that little showing of it at the end of the Digital Presentation, but meh.

I'm not a big Star Fox fan but I'll likely end up getting it. The only Star Fox game I've played it Star Fox 64 3D and I enjoyed it. Hopefully this one will have online multiplayer.

Bleh. I don't think they should have had that little showing of it at the end of the Digital Presentation, but meh.

I'm not a big Star Fox fan but I'll likely end up getting it. The only Star Fox game I've played it Star Fox 64 3D and I enjoyed it. Hopefully this one will have online multiplayer.

So far the main intention of the game was the GamePad.
There are some small stuff in Steel Diver Sub Wars and the upcoming game based in the cameras, maybe a little secret to discover?

But I will bet the game will have online multiplayer, I mean, who will miss such a good opportunity?

But I will bet the game will have online multiplayer, I mean, who will miss such a good opportunity?

Nintendo is the king of missing great opportunities. Just look at Mario Part DS/8/9/Island Tour, and possible Mario Party 10.

Reactions: fantanoice
Cool i wish for it to be more frame scale than the 3ds version

I've never played a star fox game, but a brand new STARFOX wii u game sounds like a great place to start. Big shiny graphics on a full wide screen tv. I bet it's gonna be finished in 2016.

I've never played a star fox game, but a brand new STARFOX wii u game sounds like a great place to start. Big shiny graphics on a full wide screen tv. I bet it's gonna be finished in 2016.

Yeah. I have a feeling they'll say it's going to be released Holiday 2015 then be pushed back to early 2016. Seems like something Nintendo would do.

Besides, I feel like they have their hands full with everything else they're making.

The last Star Fox game I played, was on the SNES. Which was also the first Star Fox game they made, so that was a long time ago.

I think the main thing with this Star Fox game, is exploiting the Gamepad. I think Nintendo is trying their best now to integrate better Gamepad features within more games. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Starfox games, never really been interested in 'em, but I hope this game is good, A LOT of fans wanted this game and F-Zero for the longest while. I'm positive this will have Online-Multiplayer, so I'm looking forward to that.

This is awesome news but would you prefer a classic shooter like Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 or a platform adventure game like Starfox Adventures on NGC?

Well they missed out on the golden opportunity with SF643D.

This is awesome news but would you prefer a classic shooter like Lylat Wars/Star Fox 64 or a platform adventure game like Starfox Adventures on NGC?
Pretty sure it will be a shooter-type game that just uses the extra features of the gamepad.

I think the game will be like Starfox Adventures but with a more equal focus on the flying and fighting on the ground.
But with the Wii U Gamepad integrations, I do wonder if it will even have ground fighting at all, But it could work like Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Either way, I haven't played Starfox before, So any kind of gameplay will keep me hooked. :rolleyes:

They really should have shown more than a blurry image, even a little demo would have won them E3. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this game.

I have a feeling this game will be pretty good. I think they have a chance to really show off what the Wii U is capable of with this game. Hopefully we'll learn more soon.

I've never played a star fox game and I really want to try it!

They really should have shown more than a blurry image, even a little demo would have won them E3. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this game.
Bit hard to show more that what you have. :p

I hope a great Star Fox game since N64. It would have the original ideia with a new concept to play and new features like online mode.

I been waiting for a long time for another great star fox game. I want muptile paths with online co-op mode and online dog fights. Being able to upgrade your ship and weapons would be a welcome change. Even having a task board with events to do to unlock art and music would be cool .

Reactions: Rockback
This is really promising, and I sincerely hope they make it more like Adventures was. It was free roam, and it was just fantastic, even though I like Assault also. Online multiplayer like the local multiplayer in Assault would be the greatest thing ever, along with the aerial combat of Assault and the free roam adventure system of Adventures. I have very high hopes for this game. ^.^

Back