• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Ashkil

Ashkil

Space Cowboy
Towns Folk
1st day 1st show
'Nuff Said

I'm definitely gonna go see it, but I'm still REALLY disappointed/mad that the EU isn't canon anymore.

I'm definitely gonna go see it, but I'm still REALLY disappointed/mad that the EU isn't canon anymore.

KOTOR. Greatest EU ever and honestly best non Japanese RPGs of all time

KOTOR. Greatest EU ever and honestly best non Japanese RPGs of all time
There were other games/books/comics that were really great, too, which is why its so sad that they aren't canon anymore. :(

Great, the movie was. For the following movies, I cannot wait. Patience, you must have.

Saw the movie last weekend. It's good, but the 30-45 minutes was disappointing (too much like IV)

It was amazing, but is was just Episode 4 all over again.

Strong movie overall, would probably give it a 8.5/10. Rey & Poe were my favorite characters. Story was okay, but way too similar to previous movies. I actually let out an exasperated sigh in the theater when I saw the X-Wings come out of hyperspace to do the whole trench run again. My hopes are high though for Episode VIII! :)

Am I the only one who thought the person playing Kylo Ren didn't do that well of a job? ;~;

Am I the only one who thought the person playing Kylo Ren didn't do that well of a job? ;~;
I feel like he's in the same boat Anakin had. Good actor, not so good writing.

I feel like he's in the same boat Anakin had. Good actor, not so good writing.
I mean, he didn't really give off the dark side's presence other than the first part of the movie. Anakin played his "good" and "bad" roles pretty well imo. You felt him turning more and more to the dark side from his acting.

I mean, he didn't really give off the dark side's presence other than the first part of the movie. Anakin played his "good" and "bad" roles pretty well imo. You felt him turning more and more to the dark side from his acting.
Remember, he is a conflicted person. He hasn't just left everything from his past behind (at least not before he killed you know who), so I wouldn't expect him to give off a really dark aura.

^That, plus the fact Anakin had three films to show you all his faces while Kylo Ren only has one for now. Maybe he'll show more faces in upcoming movies.

Anyways, watched the movie yesterday. Well, I don't know if it was one of the best movies of all times but at least it was a good feeling to watch a SW movie without already knowing the story. I mean, who saw the original movies without being already aware of that line Dark Vador says to Luke ? Probably a lot of people did, but they are also probably outnumbered by the other ones. So yeah, for once, you discover everything, that's great.

Anakin's actor in Clone Wars was very good.

Remember, he is a conflicted person. He hasn't just left everything from his past behind (at least not before he killed you know who), so I wouldn't expect him to give off a really dark aura.
^That, plus the fact Anakin had three films to show you all his faces while Kylo Ren only has one for now. Maybe he'll show more faces in upcoming movies.
I can't remember any signs of hesitation from any of his actions.

Right now he's supposed to show you his hunger for more power with little good in him but his hunger to surpass Darth Vadar (or be as powerful as him) is blocking out the good, making it seem like it doesn't exist (that's how you grow stronger in the dark side).

Before he did "you know what", I felt like he was just tricking "you know who" and had the mentality of not caring for him because he wants the dark side to grow more powerful within him to get stronger.

My only complaints about the movie are Kylo Ren's acting, and when Rey and Finn started complimenting each other after getting away from you know what at the beginning of the movie, being overly-hyper for 10 seconds or so straight. It seemed fake, like something that wouldn't happen irl how they acted when their acting was supposed to make it seem "real".

Everything else besides those two points were good imo.

I can't remember any signs of hesitation from any of his actions.

Right now he's supposed to show you his hunger for more power with little good in him but his hunger to surpass Darth Vadar (or be as powerful as him) is blocking out the good, making it seem like it doesn't exist (that's how you grow stronger in the dark side).

Before he did "you know what", I felt like he was just tricking "you know who" and had the mentality of not caring for him because he wants the dark side to grow more powerful within him to get stronger.

My only complaints about the movie are Kylo Ren's acting, and when Rey and Finn started complimenting each other after getting away from you know what at the beginning of the movie, being overly-hyper for 10 seconds or so straight. It seemed fake, like something that wouldn't happen irl how they acted when their acting was supposed to make it seem "real".

Everything else besides those two points were good imo.
I know a lot of people hated the "whiny" part about him, but I liked it, with all the destroying stuff when he gets mad. It kinda gives a peak into what goes on in his head.
I agree on the Rey and Finn part, though. When he said "Nobody has ever looked at me like when you first did", I'm not sure if he remembers that the first time she looked at him, she thought he was a thief.

Reactions: Hayleia
I know a lot of people hated the "whiny" part about him, but I liked it, with all the destroying stuff when he gets mad. It kinda gives a peak into what goes on in his head.
The anger itself was good. I loved it when the two white suit guys walked back when they saw a piece of chair flung outside xD

I just think someone could have played a better role for his character.

The anger itself was good. I loved it when the two white suit guys walked back when they saw a piece of chair flung outside xD

I just think someone could have played a better role for his character.
I'm sure someone could've haha
However, I still don't think he was a bad cast for it

It was amazing, but is was just Episode 4 all over again.
Basically this is what I have to say about the movie.
Bad guys look for droid on a desert planet.
A space planet destroys another space planet.
Heroes land on space planet to turn off shield.
And old hero dies by the blade of the Sith/Dark Side
The villain planet explodes.
Heroes fly away from villain planet safely.
At least this move had some humor. Like the trash compactor reference and
Also coincidences
Rey and Finn happen to come across the Millennium Falcon
Han Solo just so happened to appear later to find the Falcon
Chewbacca just so happened to find Rey and Finn as the planet explodes

Back