Star Wars The Force Awakens

• Thread starter Ashkil
  • Start date
Oh my god, Force Awakens thread.

Did they ever explain how
Rey can pilot the Millennium Falcon almost perfectly and both she and Finn could fight Kylo Ren, who was being trained in the Jedi Temple by Luke himself so he's clearly a very skilled "swordsman", for lack of a better term, when Finn was a stormtrooper and Rey had just found out that she could use the force?

I mean, I thought they did a great job with Finn struggling and getting rekt by Kylo in the end and Rey using a different sluggish fight style to portray their inexperience vs a skilled Kylo, but it felt weird that Kylo was so bad.

Also, the main main main villain dude looks really scary. And that voice, so Cumberbatch-like... "There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

Oh my god, Force Awakens thread.

Did they ever explain how
Rey can pilot the Millennium Falcon almost perfectly and both she and Finn could fight Kylo Ren, who was being trained in the Jedi Temple by Luke himself so he's clearly a very skilled "swordsman", for lack of a better term, when Finn was a stormtrooper and Rey had just found out that she could use the force?

I mean, I thought they did a great job with Finn struggling and getting rekt by Kylo in the end and Rey using a different sluggish fight style to portray their inexperience vs a skilled Kylo, but it felt weird that Kylo was so bad.

Also, the main main main villain dude looks really scary. And that voice, so Cumberbatch-like... "There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?"
So there have been some theories on this, but for both there seems to be something of an agreement that she possesses incredible innate talents in both flying and force related skills. Her piloting could come from how she's always messing with ships and how she explores/scavenges so much through them as well as her general skills as a mechanic. You could even argue that her incredible strength in the force helps guide her, somewhat more implicitly than it did to Luke when he blew the Death Star.
As for her fights with Kylo, the general theory is that she learned from watching Kylo. After each interaction with Kylo, she gained more control and strength in the force. When they fought, Kylo was already injured and he also was an incomplete trainee, not learning enough from Luke or Snoke to be a true master. The Force acts in the favour of the weak oftentimes, which she definitely was.
As for Finn, my personal thoughts is again that he too has some connection to the Force which helped him fight, but ultimately just not as strong as Rey and thus got him to get rekt while putting up something of a fight at the beginning.

Reactions: TheYESDragon
Back