Steven Universe

• Thread starter FLCL
  • Start date
FLCL

FLCL

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk

Wow, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a Steven Universe thread made, well its time to rectify that because Steven Universe is honestly one of the best cartoons airing on television right now, maybe not THE best, because of Gravity Falls, but it's definitely up there...and since the first season just finished up, there is definitely plenty to talk about, so why not start a discussion? You can talk about anything from your favorite characters, favorite episodes, favorite theories, etc, just don't mention Lion Lickers...

i dont know what that means, but i've favorited Garnet's song from the 2nd to last ep and kept in on loop the past couple days.

huh dont remember that part.

If it wasn't for Gravity Falls, Steven Universe would indeed, be #1. But unfortunately it's not, therefore everyone only cares about Gravity Falla, even though the show is excellent. Must sucks for the creators of the t.v show, having to compete with such a ridiculously popular television show.

i think i watched 1 random ep of that. didn't seem any better then any other cartoon. *waits for the hate to start*

Reactions: SmashBro
Sneak peek for next week's episode, "Story For Steven", I'm pretty sure we're gonna be going on a feels trip.

ugh. Steven Universe is stupid and weird. (No offense) I don't watch Gravity Falls but I think it is a little better even though it has the same amount of weirdness. >.< *also waits for hate to start*

Pfft @Chopper . :p
I find both Steven Universe and Gravity THE two best cartoons currently on television. The Cross-Over episode they just made for both Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa made me want to kill a child... Still, Steven Universe is amazing. The first season was a let-down for me due to the "Threat of the Day"s, but they turned that around in the second season. This show has gotten so much better than it was before, and I love it! I will continue to watch it from here on out!

ugh. Steven Universe is stupid and weird. (No offense) I don't watch Gravity Falls but I think it is a little better even though it has the same amount of weirdness. >.< *also waits for hate to start*
upload_2015-4-3_22-58-58.jpeg

Derp1.jpg

Pfft @Chopper . :p
I find both Steven Universe and Gravity THE two best cartoons currently on television. The Cross-Over episode they just made for both Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa made me want to kill a child... Still, Steven Universe is amazing. The first season was a let-down for me due to the "Threat of the Day"s, but they turned that around in the second season. This show has gotten so much better than it was before, and I love it! I will continue to watch it from here on out!
Honestly, I didn't mind the crossover episode, Pearl's over the top reactions to everything alone makes it a "10/10" lol. As for Season 1 mostly being a "Monster of the Week" show, I don't really agree with that at all, I would say less than half of Season 1 could even be described as such, if an episode wasn't giving us some sort of character development, it was focusing on lore or setting up events for future episodes, very little of what happens in Steven Universe can be considered "filler", there's continuity and actual time passing as the series progresses (Compare Steven's height from the beginning of Season 1 to the beginning of Season 2, you'll see ;)), it's one of the many reasons why Steven Universe is so great.

Reactions: GamerGoldFish
I'm not sure why to say this but to be honest I didn't find the show very amusing , in some types of terms :/ I think that it is maybe that I probably don't like the TV Shows today >.< I really liked the old ones better . But I can say that the show was kinda funny at certain times , though I barely watch it ...

I like the "Say Uncle" episode with lots of humor in it from Uncle Grandpa saying none of it is canon, to Pearl's reactions of somebody so weird, to references of practically every other animated Cartoon Network series, with Clarence under Steven (who is under Finn) on the list of animated CN shows with kids as the main protagonist. I think it was really well-thought out with several references and lots of humor.
11/10 in my book. :D

Reactions: FLCL
Guys, I have a Steven Universe theory, wanna hear it?

This isn't with the theory but doesn't the Steven Universe theme sound awfully familiar to David Bowie's "Space Oddity"!

This isn't with the theory but doesn't the Steven Universe theme sound awfully familiar to David Bowie's "Space Oddity"!
Somewhat, but it's not really surprising that the show's theme would pay homage to artists like David Bowie, the gems are from outer space, Steven's last name references outer space, Ronaldo is obsessed with aliens and Steven's dad was a one man band who wrote songs about outer space (Just like David Bowie), it's pretty clear outer space is a key ongoing theme in Steven Universe.

I have a theory that all gems (excluding Steven, since he is gem-born from a human, and he was male?) are female, because in the 2-part special episode, we see (spoilers) that With love (kissing included) that Ruby and Sapphire are Garnet together as a fusion (NOTE: that means fusions can fuse with regular gems, therefore if everyone ever decided to, they could become all one super-being of power and mass destruction, or an ultimate force of good), and Gems don't really have families, so they must be in a relationship (not referencing homosexuality, since if my theory is true, it would be the only option), and even Jasper is female (I thought she was male until they referred to her as "she"), so all gems (excluding Steven of course) are female. So the only question left is, how do they create new gems? :wtf:

I have a theory that all gems (excluding Steven, since he is gem-born from a human, and he was male?) are female, because in the 2-part special episode, we see (spoilers) that With love (kissing included) that Ruby and Sapphire are Garnet together as a fusion (NOTE: that means fusions can fuse with regular gems, therefore if everyone ever decided to, they could become all one super-being of power and mass destruction, or an ultimate force of good), and Gems don't really have families, so they must be in a relationship (not referencing homosexuality, since if my theory is true, it would be the only option), and even Jasper is female (I thought she was male until they referred to her as "she"), so all gems (excluding Steven of course) are female. So the only question left is, how do they create new gems? :wtf:
The gems are actually genderless and only happen to resemble Earth females when taking a physical form, though they all have the ability to shapeshift so they could take any form they wanted. I seriously doubt that gems could fuse in mass numbers due to how to difficult it appears to be for two gems with very conflicting personalities and desires (Lapis and Jasper fusing to form Malachite) to maintain a fusion for very long. How are gems created? Amethyst was created in a Kindergarten and since Jasper referred to Pearl and Amethyst as "defective" and "imperfect", we can only assume other gems are created in a similar manner, possibly in batches.

I don't watch it but I'm tempted to, looks a bit like a mix of Adventure Time and that Sym-Bionic Titan cartoon that CN cancelled for not moving enough merchandise (I don't even...) but I'd be more inclined to if I knew if there was a true plot. Like, does it have an over-arching plot like Gravity Falls does (mystery of the 3 books and Stan's brother)?

Back