Steven Universe

• Thread starter FLCL
  • Start date
I don't watch it but I'm tempted to, looks a bit like a mix of Adventure Time and that Sym-Bionic Titan cartoon that CN cancelled for not moving enough merchandise (I don't even...) but I'd be more inclined to if I knew if there was a true plot. Like, does it have an over-arching plot like Gravity Falls does (mystery of the 3 books and Stan's brother)?
It does, and while Steven Universe does tend to be slice of life at times, very few episodes can be considered filler as they tend to either develop the characters or foreshadow future events which gives the show a great rewatchability factor as you can rewatch an episode and pick up something you didn't see before. I recommend you to watch Laser Light Cannon and Giant Woman to test the waters as they are some earlier episodes that aren't incredibly plot heavy but still likely to get you interested....hopefully.

Reactions: TheYESDragon
@TheYESDragon that's what happened to sym-bionic titan? i like that show... was it scrapped completely? or just taken off CN? and its mostly just steven learning to use his gem powers with a bit of casual day-to-day stuff. any hint of an actual plot only started up recently with the homeworld gems.

Reactions: TheYESDragon
It does, and while Steven Universe does tend to be slice of life at times, very few episodes can be considered filler as they tend to either develop the characters or foreshadow future events which gives the show a great rewatchability factor as you can rewatch an episode and pick up something you didn't see before. I recommend you to watch Laser Light Cannon and Giant Woman to test the waters as they are some earlier episodes that aren't incredibly plot heavy but still likely to get you interested....hopefully.
Ooh, sounds nice. One of my favourite shows (Rolling Girls) is very slice-of-life and as long as it has good character development and isn't very slow, it sounds good. I'll go ahead and do that then.

@TheYESDragon that's what happened to sym-bionic titan? i like that show... was it scrapped completely? or just taken off CN? and its mostly just steven learning to use his gem powers with a bit of casual day-to-day stuff. any hint of an actual plot only started up recently with the homeworld gems.
I believe so. I remember reading that CN axed the show because of poor toy sales, but I bet that's just a silly excuse by them. Sounds nice, and a lot like Gravity Falls where we're only now getting lots of more plot going but we were getting teased very nicely about these strange powers xD

you believe so for which? i gave you 2 options and you said yes. ;-; (i guess it is in your name lol)

you believe so for which? i gave you 2 options and you said yes. ;-; (i guess it is in your name lol)

xD I meant CN cancelling it completely.

oh ok. i might look into it at some point... eventually...

I love Steven Universe its the best! I love Garnet the most, I loved the episode where Steven took them to the Arcade and had them play games and Pearl didn't understand that she was supposed to wreck the car.:rotfl:

Oohhhh!
He's a frozen treat with an all new taste!
'cause he came to this planet from outer space!
A refugee of an interstellar war!
But now he's at your local grocery store!
Cookie Cat!
He's a pet for your tummy!
Cookie Cat!
He's super duper yummy!
Cookie Cat!
He left his family behind!
Cookie Caaaaaat! Now available at Gurgins off Rt. 109!

I love Steven Universe its the best! I love Garnet the most, I loved the episode where Steven took them to the Arcade and had them play games and Pearl didn't understand that she was supposed to wreck the car.:rotfl:

Oohhhh!
He's a frozen treat with an all new taste!
'cause he came to this planet from outer space!
A refugee of an interstellar war!
But now he's at your local grocery store!
Cookie Cat!
He's a pet for your tummy!
Cookie Cat!
He's super duper yummy!
Cookie Cat!
He left his family behind!
Cookie Caaaaaat! Now available at Gurgins off Rt. 109!
When you realize the Cookie Cat song is essentially the backstory for the Crystal Gems...

I know this will never happen but it could be so cool if Steven Universe had a crossover with Star vs the Forces of Evil.

tumblr_npzr86BYSY1sc9xc5o1_400.png

tumblr_npzr86BYSY1sc9xc5o2_400.png

tumblr_npzr86BYSY1sc9xc5o3_400.png

tumblr_npzr86BYSY1sc9xc5o4_400.png

Just wanted to share this artwork I found, its adorable.

Reactions: PigMayor
tumblr_nq8l4dX2C71smn4pqo1_1280.jpg

Well, we're getting another Steven Bomb next month and we get a new Gravity Falls episode on the same day.

K2LS5CJ.gif

what were the first 2 "stevenbombs"? o-o

what were the first 2 "stevenbombs"? o-o
The first Steven Bomb was back in March and the 2nd Steven Bomb was earlier this week.

Last edited:
i said what not when ;-;

i said what not when ;-;
Oh sorry, a Steven Bomb is essentially a week of premieres, if you watch the episode Garnet's Universe, you'll understand where the title comes from.

i thought i saw all of em, but garnet's universe doesn't sound familiar...

*edit* oh that one. yea i remember the episodes, not so much the titles lol

Last edited:
I like how people call the homosexual overtones subtle
It makes me laugh

@PorkyTheKing i have no idea what you're talking about. o-o (not like i go to a steven universe reddit or something)

@PorkyTheKing i have no idea what you're talking about. o-o (not like i go to a steven universe reddit or something)
He's probably refering to the relationships between Ruby/Sapphire and debateably Pearl/Rose.

oh right... well so far every gem has been female, so it can't really be helped. besides, ruby/sapphire are kids and pearl with rose is a lot of just admiration too. i doubt little kids will really pick up on it.

Back