Stupidest Thing You've Had to Memorize or Learn at School (;-_-)

• Thread starter Shukurimu
  • Start date
Oooh I have a good one.

I can't exactly give you very specific details due to occurring three years ago and me not really caring that much to fully remember my freshman English class but for two months our teacher went on to teach us about organ donations. It was not like we were reading anything on organ donations either. At the time we were between books, we were about to read Romeo and Juliet (ugh) and I think we just finished Of Mice and Men (which you should read if you haven't). So I have no idea where organ donations even came from. It also didn't help that I was not her favorite student, without ever having done anything.

Wut in dah wurld

@Chi~Bukimina I know right! It was pretty damn stupid (you're referring to my post right?)

Reactions: Jisenku
i had a teacher of "home alarms" that teacher was so bad, i didnt learn nothing from him, i passed his class becaused i learned on my own

in higschool there were also some innecesary things
like for example the periodic table, its fine to learn what it is, what is not fine is to make students memorize all of it , especially since for most people it will be a useless knowledge except if you want to have a job related to it

literature: ¿why i have to memorize a lot of people I dont care about and the books they wroted?

maths: a lot of things, i get that in our civilization they are super useful,but not only the teachers i had simply go and say "this is made this way" they dont explain why these complex maths are useful and their possible uses so that people could be interested in learning these things
also, depending of varius factors in your life, the complex maths you will have to do in you life could be non-existent witch it can be the most likely possibility

Whats pickleball?
Its a pretty fun game played on a gym floor, with a net and wooden paddles, and its often compared to ping pong, if it were closer to the size of a tennis court, but its a bit more complex than that.
Knowing the dimensions is actually pretty useful, as public pickleball courts aren’t very common, and they aren’t the same as any other court as far as i know.

• Informative
Reactions: Jisenku
I got another one. I remember when we had to learn about female entrepreneurs in Africa in Social Studies.

Yay for the ladies for trying, but why do we need to know this?

Back