Supaboy!

• Thread starter Nuke
  • Start date
I honestly may ask for one for Christmas. Do you by any chance know how much the old game cartridges tend to run?
Depends on the games you want. Sorry. I'd say Earthbound would run you some big money, but others are much more low-cost. I could get a list of recommendations, if you'd like.

Depends on the games you want. Sorry. I'd say Earthbound would run you some big money, but others are much more low-cost. I could get a list of recommendations, if you'd like.
Sure, that's be great.

I'll post it in this forum sometime under the title "Nuke's List of Recommended SNES Games", lol.

I'll post it in this forum sometime under the title "Nuke's List of Recommended SNES Games", lol.
Sounds like a plan!

I think I'll post it tomorrow, and then repost it on my forum. My SNES enthusiast friend will probably help, although a lot of the SNES greats were not released outside Japan, and thus will probably not work with the Supaboy. They'll be separated, though.

It's compatible with original, genuine SNES cartridges, and the patents on the SNES itself are expired, so this is a legal third-party SNES.

So, emulation with original games is legal?

The SNES patents have expired, so this is an unofficial, yet legal replicate of the Super Nintendo.

I keep forgetting to post the recommendation list, sorry. I'll get around to it, sometime.

So long as it's using the actual cartridges yes, which is where the misconception of "Emulated Backups" arose. Software emulation of SNES and such is illegal hardware emulation is not.

So long as it's using the actual cartridges yes, which is where the misconception of "Emulated Backups" arose. Software emulation of SNES and such is illegal hardware emulation is not.
Actually, since the SNES is now basically public domain, you can make an emulator, but you need the cartridges for it to be legal. Thus, ROMs are illegal; emulation is legal. So, you can play a homebrew SNES title on a software emulator.

Actually, since the SNES is now basically public domain, you can make an emulator, but you need the cartridges for it to be legal. Thus, ROMs are illegal; emulation is legal. So, you can play a homebrew SNES title on a software emulator.
Emulated backups are illegal, meaning downloading ROMs, you pretty much just repeated what I said, unless I'm missing something?

Back