Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2?

• Thread starter faustine
  • Start date
faustine

faustine

Write even if no one's reading.
Towns Folk
So there are 2 main Mario Titles in the Last (Crazy!) Club Nintendo Rewards for February. What is more worthy to get? Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2? They are both valued at 600 coins and this 2 games might be my final options if I did get to 600 coins but too late to order for the physical rewards, as it can get sold out fast.

What would you pick up? Other recommendations are welcome as well.
I think HarmoKnight is the best value for coins.

I think that Super Mario 3D Land is a great game, it's easy and difficult at the perfect times, I definintly recommend that game :thumbsup:
As for New Super Mario Bros .2 I can't say much, I've never owned the game, but I say you should look up reviews on both games.

Reactions: faustine
3D Land. New Super Mario Bros 2 doesn't really do anything new. Super Mario 3D Land is superior

Reactions: Luigi64 and P2.0
If I had a lot of coins,I'd purchase Kid Icarus:Uprising because it's multiplayer,and it has an awesome single player story mode to go on! Now,if you want a Mario game,I'd choose Super Mario:3D Land.I heard some good things about it,so it might be worth it to try it out for yourself. :cat:

Get 3D Land.

New Super Mario Bros. 2 can be played on the NES and it's more fun there. Only costs $5 on the eShop, too. It's called Super Mario Bros 3.

I own the two games. I cannot stop playing 3d land, I just find it amazing, I mean, the level design, the power ups, the 3d graphics, I think they are all very well crafted to be an excellent game. The other one is also cool, but I have to make a confession here, I didn't even finish the game, I bought a 3ds xl for my girlfriend and I gave it away to her. she loves it hahaha

I'd say to get Super Mario 3D Land over 'New' Super Mario Bros.2,because 3D Land will have you some time to complete,brings some few new stuff for the plumber to on with his adventure, and the game is a lot of fun while playing.NSMB2 is decent,but there isn't anything new,other than the gold stuff introduced in the game,and the objective of collecting coins is rather pointless,so in the end,your effort in that game won't really matter.

New Super Mario Bros 2 really doesn't offer anything new if you've played another game in the series. Super Mario 3D Land is very, very easy and boring at times (lack of bosses), but I would still rank it better than NSMB2. However, if you've never a played 'New Super Mario Bros' game, then you could get NSMB2.

Reactions: 3823
New Super Mario Bros. 2 is hardly a new game. In my opinion, it seems like an extension or extra level pack for the original. All nintendo did was add a few powerups here and there, and give new levels. That could pretty much be in a DLC pack , if NSMB had DLC. However, 3d land is entirely new and great. Its an entire new dimension, not just a level pack! So yeah, id say 3d land is better. Unless you really liked NSMB and want more.

I think you should wait for the other platinum game rewards which are coming out I think in March - April but if you are tempted to get one out of the 2 games I suggest going with super Mario 3d land since it has a great story line and two different places when you beat the game and get to go through the pipe and battle dry bowser in the first castle.

Hey Faustine,I think that both of them are fairly great games.Both games has something the other games doesn't.For instance Super Mario 3D has that 3d perspective and those cool power ups like the boomerang,the tanooki suit,propeller box,stone tanooki.While New Super Mario Bros.2 has the golden flower and the golden rings that make enemies golden and I can't really think of anything else.But I have both games and I love them both so here's my reply.Look forward to chatting with you later Faustine.

If you want my insight on it, is say go with super Mario 3d land. I've heard it has great power ups and the 3d is stunning and stuff. If yo my want professional insight, watch IGNs review on both of them. I think super mario 3d lad got a higher rating then new super Mario bros 2

New Super Mario Bros 2 really doesn't offer anything new if you've played another game in the series. Super Mario 3D Land is very, very easy and boring at times (lack of bosses), but I would still rank it better than NSMB2. However, if you've never a played 'New Super Mario Bros' game, then you could get NSMB2.

Yeah. I made a thread similar to this and got the same replies as Birdy said. I was reccomended to get DKR3d if I wanted a challenge and I'm still considering.

But, remember they haven't released the platinum awards yet, so It might be worth the wait.

Reactions: Warbird
Probably super Mario 3d land. It may have little replay value but if you haven't played it before it is really really fun and a major step up from the 2d super Mario bros games. It offers much more depth in the game and a more hands on experience. On the other hand, if you just want a game that will last you a while instead of just a 1 go fun round then get NSBW2 it will take you longer beat and is pretty fun too

Depending on the style of play youd prefer get any of them :stop: However the Mario 3d Land offers a newer and enjoyable style of play. Though get the New Mario Bros if you like getting alot of tons of coins like crazy . Choose the one that fits you:headphone:

I would have to pick Super Mario 3D land as the superior game for three reasons, one it's in 3D(as the title implies) two, more to do, three I never played New super Mario bros two, but I watched someone play it on YouTube. Oh and one more, it was the very first game that I got for the 3DS, and it's a very special game to me I could play it over and over again and it'd never get boring, well to me it wouldn't, I don't know about anyone else.

definatly 3d land

they are both similar but super mario 3d land is a little different and harder but they are the same concept.If you like to get coins new super mario bros 2 which I personally like.;)

Super Mario 3D Land > New Super Mario Bros. 2

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is basically the first one except it has more power-ups but you gotta admit that the co-op multiplayer is pretty fun lol But they removed the VS multiplayer which is kind of a downside to that. Not to mention that the DLC is downright useless since you'll be buying the levels you played in the solo mode except the DLC levels are only for streetpass >.>

Super Mario 3D Land on the other hand is new! fresh! and totally better on the 3DS than the 2DS >.>
A 2DS user, like me, will be having a hard time accessing some secret spots since some secret areas can only be easily accessed if you turn the 3D on while playing. The game has fewer bosses than New Super Mario Bros. 2 but in New Super Mario Bros. 2, the bosses are repetitive, the Rhinos...

3D Land if you like 3D Mario games (64, Galaxy, etc) and get NSMB2 if you like classic 2D Mario games (1 - 3, World, etc). Both are good games, 3D Land offers more of a challenge in the second half of the game. NSMB2 isn't necessarily "easy" but you will probably never run out of lives, but even having a lives system is kind of pointless these days anyways, since they rarely ever enforce having to start the game over from the beginning or anything.

Back