Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2?

• Thread starter faustine
  • Start date
New super mario bros 2. I've had both and 3d land is very challenging. If you're goo at platforming, then maybe you should go for 3d land, but I personally prefer mario 2

New super mario bros 2. I've had both and 3d land is very challenging. If you're goo at platforming, then maybe you should go for 3d land, but I personally prefer mario 2. The first world is pretty easy for 3d land but the special worlds are a lot harder, especially if you want to get all of the star coins.

It looks like a lot of people like 3d land so maybe you should go by the more popular vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
C'mon, 3D Land for sure! Get more fun! xD

3D land would be my choice, without any doubts. New Super mario bros. 2 is not much of an improvement over it's predecessors, except for maybe some improved graphics. The music, sounds, animations and models aare pretty much recycled.
Super Mario 3D Land is actually pretty fun, even though it's easy. It requires you to think creatively sometimes, jumping beyond what you think might be there.

I have both games but I prefer New Super Mario Bros. 2 because it's a nice game and I prefer 2D Mario games. There are DLCs to buy after you finish the game and it's a really nice game, you can play with Luigi too and it isn't very hard to get 1,000,000 of coins, what you can't do anything with them.

New Super Mario Bros 2 all the way. I like the 2d platformers like the original mario games but I also like 3d Platformers. The just aren't quite as fun for me. I don't know why that is.

Super Mario 3d land! The graphics are beautiful! The 3d effect on the game is very cool. There are many power ups in the game. You should get this game if you like moving around freely in games. This game looks very very fun. I suggest you get this beautiful game.

I just got 3D Land from Club Ninteno and it's great! I don't have New Super Mario Bros 2 so I can't compare it. However 3D land has really good 3D and good use for the Gyro sensors. It may look easy at first but it's pretty hard!

So there are 2 main Mario Titles in the Last (Crazy!) Club Nintendo Rewards for February. What is more worthy to get? Super Mario 3D Land or New Super Mario Bros. 2? They are both valued at 600 coins and this 2 games might be my final options if I did get to 600 coins but too late to order for the physical rewards, as it can get sold out fast.

What would you pick up? Other recommendations are welcome as well.
I think HarmoKnight is the best value for coins.

My personal opinion, go for Nsmb2. it offer's more play value than 3D land does, and also has DLC's available for it as well!
I have played 3D land and got bored with it in less than a few hours, idk the new free roam in levels just didn't interest me.
where as Nsmb2 held a grip on me with the new coin rush modes, and older mario bros levels making it fun and nostalgic.

ya i agree i loved nsmb2 and sm3d land but i don't have both for now i have nsmb2 well i have both of these but i lost my sm3d land game so for now it feels like i don't have it :(

I loved Super Mario 3D World much better. It had more creative levels, and I just like 3D Mario games more. That's not to say that NSMB2 is a bad game, it's just not better when compared to 3D Land. I enjoyed both greatly though!

I've played 3D Land, although not NSMB2. From what I've seen, 3D Land is a really fun game, has creative levels that incorporate 3D nicely and has beautiful graphics. After seeing videos of NSMB2, I feel that 3D Land is the better game, but it is much harder to do certain levels in 3D Land without 3D support, so 2DS owners (such as me) need to be cautious. NSMB2 is still a good game, it looks very similair to NSMB from DS (that was an amazing game for the DS by the way), but it seems more like a coin-collecting feast... I don't know but it also looks much easier than other instalments in the series... It's your choice though, I would go for 3D Land :p

I got both of them so I can tell you whats better.
New Super Mario Bros. 2:
A great game with.. More than 60 levels I think, Good grafics than the New Super Mario Bros. 1, + Coin rush (I think, Because I have special edition)! My Challenge is to get to 1 MILLION coins by coin rush and the solo play. There is Co - op play that I didn't tried but it seems to me very good. They added ( I don't know how to call it, sorry ) like the red portal there is gold one that adding more coins like if you are jumping without falling and touching the floor you will get 15 coins (5 + 10) and if you are doing it only on 1 monster or something else you are getting 5 coins ( 1 x 5 x 2 = 10 that means 5 + 10 = 15).
Power ups:
Fire Mario: Like the old games, you can get this power-up and you can shoot fire, pretty cool, huh?

Gold Mario: Like the fire Mario you can shoot gold that exploding when touching something not including the floor, and any monster that you are exploding bringing 5 gold, and if you are exploding 2 monsters at the same shot you can get 10, and then 15 and then 20 and then and then 25 and then 50, but: if you are exploding 3 monsters you will get 5 + 10 + 15 that means 30, and f you are useing the "portal" you will get x2 coins. You can also get the 1 up house or

Raccon Mario: you can kill with your tail and fly if you are running without any break.

Super Star: you can be ultimate and no one can beat you + the feature of 5 + 10 + 15..

Mushroom: Mario is getting big.

Big mushroom: Mario is getting VERY big for a limited time, he cant be beated and he can destroy anything he walk on.

Tiny mushroom: Mario is getting very small.

P - Wing: If you lose 10 lifes in a course you are getting the P - wing that makes you flying to the end of the course.

Invincibility Mario: The Invincibility Leaf (also called Invincible Super Leaf) is a power-up that first appeared in Super Mario 3D Land. This power-up is very similar to the Super Leaf, but with added invincibility.

Super Mario 3D Land:
A great game with 16 worlds with 8 levels each world I think. The game is more difficult when you beating the 8 first worlds.
The game is WITHOUT the feature of 5 + 10 + 15 (x2) and without the gold "portal".
Power ups:

Fire Mario: Like the old games, you can get this power-up and you can shoot fire, pretty cool, huh?

Super Star: you can be ultimate and no one can beat you.

Mushroom: Mario is getting big.

Raccon Mario: you can kill with your tail and fly if you are running without any break.

Propellor: you can fly until a monster hits you. It can be founded in a ? block or a propellor (like ? block but its propellor)

Boomerang: you can soot a bomerang.

Invincibility Mario: The Invincibility Leaf (also called Invincible Super Leaf) is a power-up that first appeared in Super Mario 3D Land. This power-up is very similar to the Super Leaf, but with added invincibility.

P - Wing: If you lose 10 lifes in a course you are getting the P - wing that makes you flying to the end of the course.

Statue Mario: In worlds 9 - 16 you can find a Statue Leaf that you can be a statue + the Raccon mario that you can fly and kill with your tail.

Hope it helps you!

Between Super Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario 2, I'll have to choose New Super Mario Bros 2. New Super Mario Bros 2 is one of my favorite 3D games I ever played. Like Super Mario 3D Land, the game seems to be partly based on Super Mario Bros. 3, as it features Raccoon Mario, the Power Meter, and the Koopalings, all of which were introduced in said game. The game's main focus is on coins, with the primary goal being to collect one million.

Back