Super Mario 3D World IGN review leaked

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
ErixSan

ErixSan

Somehow still top 3 poster after 3 years.
Towns Folk
Well, I have to say this is interesting.
Sadly, I didn't have the chance of view the file, but I only say the note: 9.6

It looks like a must buy for the console right?

It does, and the review looks like the user remove, 9.6 sounds like a must-buy, I wonder how they got an early copy of the game, maybe Nintendo gave them rights to do so, but why the deletion of the video :confused:. If I had a Wii U, Super Mario 3D World would be must-buy for me,oh and IGN gave Super Mario 3D Land a 9.5 overall value, so not sure if that compares the both to an extent.

It does, and the review looks like the user remove, 9.6 sounds like a must-buy, I wonder how they got an early copy of the game, maybe Nintendo gave them rights to do so, but why the deletion of the video :confused:. If I had a Wii U, Super Mario 3D World would be must-buy for me,oh and IGN gave Super Mario 3D Land a 9.5 overall value, so not sure if that compares the both to an extent.

Nintendo gaves early copies (lot of them for reviewers) because if the game is good, they will win a lot of preorders

Nintendo gaves early copies (lot of them for reviewers) because if the game is good, they will win a lot of preorders
Yeah I realize that, well its a good strategy.

Yeah I realize that, well its a good strategy.
Yeah, and it's a strategy that is done for a lot of games in general. Nintendo isn't the only one to do it (in fact, Naughty Dog got rid of this feature from Uncharted 2 once they realized it was a bad idea from just the reviewers using it

Yeah, and it's a strategy that is done for a lot of games in general. Nintendo isn't the only one to do it (in fact, Naughty Dog got rid of this feature from Uncharted 2 once they realized it was a bad idea from just the reviewers using it
Oh well I had no idea, and I realize that other gaming industries gives out review copies, I saw a lot of PS3 video unboxing and reviews, and the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World review from IGN.

Oh well I had no idea, and I realize that other gaming industries gives out review copies, I saw a lot of PS3 video unboxing and reviews, and the Legend of Zelda: A Link Between World review from IGN.
I see...but yeah, it's a symbiotic relationship between reviewer and developer tbh By giving a pre-release product to reviewers it, a) promotes media attention for it and b) demonstrates the legitimacy of the reviewers, thus allowing the cycle to continue a lot.

I see...but yeah, it's a symbiotic relationship between reviewer and developer tbh By giving a pre-release product to reviewers it, a) promotes media attention for it and b) demonstrates the legitimacy of the reviewers, thus allowing the cycle to continue a lot.
Yeah, I know, its a great strategy as I stated in a few posts ago, I understand what goes on, before someone buys a product the most understandable thing they do is search a review and see what the person has to say.

Yeah, I know, its a great strategy as I stated in a few posts ago, I understand what goes on, before someone buys a product the most understandable thing they do is search a review and see what the person has to say.
Yeah pretty much. So in terms of the thread topic, so basically the review got leaked for some time? That's probably going to have a positive effect on sales given it was 9.6 lol

Wow 9.6 that's a must buy allright, I was desapointed of this game at first because it was not Galaxy-like but now after the nintnedo direct and this review I find it to be an epic mario adventure !

Now watch as GameSpot gives it an 8.0 and feels that it's superior by doing so.

Now watch as GameSpot gives it an 8.0 and feels that it's superior by doing so.
Wow, why do they do that ? Some review sites you just can't trust.

Wow, why do they do that ? Some review sites you just can't trust.

I can't find that review T_T

Yes. They always do that - give a game a lower score than expected just to act like a respectable critic that's not out to make friends. While IGN write terrible reviews too they're still a dang sight better than GameSpot's.

Reactions: Reece
I actually saw the review before it was taken down :D. It was actually good for ONCE. They were saying it had a good touch to it, the art was good and multiplayer was awesome. The only downside to it was that when you play with 4 players, it's starts getting hectic and the screen goes everywhere. Overall it was good.

Reactions: ShinyLatios and Reece
I actually saw the review before it was taken down :D. It was actually good for ONCE. They were saying it had a good touch to it, the art was good and multiplayer was awesome. The only downside to it was that when you play with 4 players, it's starts getting hectic and the screen goes everywhere. Overall it was good.
Wow, well that's a good review then, you maybe saw it as soon as it was uploaded, I don't quite understand what they meant by hectic if its playing up to 4 players, I saw the gameplay of the four player and it doesn't look that bad to me.

Wow, well that's a good review then, you maybe saw it as soon as it was uploaded, I don't quite understand what they meant by hectic if its playing up to 4 players, I saw the gameplay of the four player and it doesn't look that bad to me.
well maybe in certain cases the camera can be a bit hectic with 4 players at once. Perhaps that's what they meant with that. idk

well maybe in certain cases the camera can be a bit hectic with 4 players at once. Perhaps that's what they meant with that. idk
But all games may seem a little hectic when they are multiple players in-game, I mean Super Smash Bros. Brawl at 4 players made me confuse sometimes, I doubt that they could have given the game a bad rating because of that.

But all games may seem a little hectic when they are multiple players in-game, I mean Super Smash Bros. Brawl at 4 players made me confuse sometimes, I doubt that they could have given the game a bad rating because of that.
idk I never thought it was really hectic with the Brawl camera. Again, probably personal preference lol

Back