Super Mario 3D World IGN review leaked

• Thread starter ErixSan
  • Start date
idk I never thought it was really hectic with the Brawl camera. Again, probably personal preference lol
Yes, personal preference, that was I was kinda trying to mean that they judged the review bad from a personal preference/point of view.

Yes, personal preference, that was I was kinda trying to mean that they judged the review bad from a personal preference/point of view.
Yeah, IGN is known for being like that with Nintendo games in general. The fact that they miraculously gave it a 9.6 indicates it could be 10 material.

Yeah, IGN is known for being like that with Nintendo games in general. The fact that they miraculously gave it a 9.6 indicates it could be 10 material.
Yeah they seem to be Nintendo haters, but I really don't care, I just stop trusting most of their reviews.

Yeah they seem to be Nintendo haters, but I really don't care, I just stop trusting most of their reviews.
I mainly look at their reviews nowadays for entertainment (and the occasional "Oh, they gave this Nintendo above a 9? Must buy for sure :p") But seriously, you know a Nintendo game is good when IGN gives it a 10/10 (Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, for example)

I mainly look at their reviews nowadays for entertainment (and the occasional "Oh, they gave this Nintendo above a 9? Must buy for sure :p") But seriously, you know a Nintendo game is good when IGN gives it a 10/10 (Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword, for example)
Same here, I view their reviews just to see who they are hating on, or just for entertainment, their reviews have no input on my decision whether to buy a game/console, I can't wait to see the Super Mario 3D World IGN review though.

Reactions: 18

Same here, I view their reviews just to see who they are hating on, or just for entertainment, their reviews have no input on my decision whether to buy a game/console, I can't wait to see the Super Mario 3D World IGN review though.

Haha yeah, here's one of the worst starts to a review they (IGN) ever wrote:

Dead Space 2 is an amazing game. I'm going to write about its scary moments, cool kills, and how much I dig the main character's internal struggle, but Dead Space 2 is about more than this. When I beat it for the first time, I sat on the couch with my heart racing and dissected the journey I had just taken. Then, I started my second playthrough, and when that was done, I jumped into a new game for the third time. Dead Space 2 is just that good.

It may be a very mean and sick thing to say, but I wouldn't be surprised if he said he'd lost his virginity to Dead Space 2 :hilarious:

Remember, reviews are a lot subjective, when the user want something objective.

Just saying.

Remember, reviews are a lot subjective, when the user want something objective.

Just saying.
Well yeah, true, but at least a reviewer can TRY to be objective. With IGN many times they don't even try (although then again, journalism is guilty of bias too)

I'm tired of suck-ups saying, "The reviewer has an opinion." Which apparently entitles them to rate a game down for stupid, self-contradictory reasons like, "Supporting characters are rarely sympathetic." (I'm referring to GameSpot's The Last of Us review, while Tom McShea goes on in the same review to say that morals won't help you survive). They're entitled to tell us their views, of course, but they should at least be honest instead of trying to act like 'the harsh critic'. Quite often they haven't even played the game long enough; Carolyn Petit of GameSpot criticized Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for not having a save option even though there was one in the Travel Log option in the pause menu. We busted her on that :p

I just hope IGN aren't trying to 'make up' for being biased in their previous reviews of Nintendo games by giving SM3D World an exaggerated score. I hope the game really is good enough to get a 9.6, then I would umm and ahh over buying it for a while. :)

I'm tired of suck-ups saying, "The reviewer has an opinion." Which apparently entitles them to rate a game down for stupid, self-contradictory reasons like, "Supporting characters are rarely sympathetic." (I'm referring to GameSpot's The Last of Us review, while Tom McShea goes on in the same review to say that morals won't help you survive). They're entitled to tell us their views, of course, but they should at least be honest instead of trying to act like 'the harsh critic'. Quite often they haven't even played the game long enough; Carolyn Petit of GameSpot criticized Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time for not having a save option even though there was one in the Travel Log option in the pause menu. We busted her on that :p

I just hope IGN aren't trying to 'make up' for being biased in their previous reviews of Nintendo games by giving SM3D World an exaggerated score. I hope the game really is good enough to get a 9.6, then I would umm and ahh over buying it for a while. :)
Yeah, I saw a comment on the Gamespot website for the Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time review (seriously, a 6.0?)...apparently they aren't that good with reviewing handheld (particularly PSP) games according to that comment :p

Reactions: Reece
Yeah, I saw a comment on the Gamespot website for the Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time review (seriously, a 6.0?)...apparently they aren't that good with reviewing handheld (particularly PSP) games according to that comment :p
Yes, GameSpot are biased against the PSP. It's reflected in almost all their reviews post-Greg Kasavin.
They also hate the 3DS, and haven't rated a single 3DS game above 8.5 even though their reviews for some games sounded like the score was lesser than the reviewer would have given if it was an Xbox 360 game or something.

Reactions: Reece
Yes, GameSpot are biased against the PSP. It's reflected in almost all their reviews post-Greg Kasavin.
They also hate the 3DS, and haven't rated a single 3DS game above 8.5 even though their reviews for some games sounded like the score was lesser than the reviewer would have given if it was an Xbox 360 game or something.
That would be false. They had enough common sense to give Pokemon X and Y at least a 9.0 on their scale. Some legit Nintendo games have a chance of getting there :p

Well, I have to say this is interesting.
Sadly, I didn't have the chance of view the file, but I only say the note: 9.6

It looks like a must buy for the console right?
Yes , it is a must buy for the console , there are new power ups / powers or what ever you call them , the newest is the cat suit ? Lol seems cool :)

That would be false. They had enough common sense to give Pokemon X and Y at least a 9.0 on their scale. Some legit Nintendo games have a chance of getting there :p
I'm sorry, I didn't know. I haven't checked GS seriously after they got rid of all the reasons I still visited it.

I'm sorry, I didn't know. I haven't checked GS seriously after they got rid of all the reasons I still visited it.
wait, we were talking GS? My bad, for some reason I thought IGN. You're right then, they only gave Pokemon X/Y an 8.0 Sorry about that haha

Reactions: 18
wait, we were talking GS? My bad, for some reason I thought IGN. You're right then, they only gave Pokemon X/Y an 8.0 Sorry about that haha
I hate to view I.G.N reviews, so self opinionated, I can't believe they stand solely as a video game reviewer company, I don't understand anymore.

I hate to view I.G.N reviews, so self opinionated, I can't believe they stand solely as a video game reviewer company, I don't understand anymore.
Well, for the Call of Duty and Microsoft fanboys, they're probably the best reviewers out there :p But yeah, they are really opinionated and we get to see that every single E3 nowadays.

Well, for the Call of Duty and Microsoft fanboys, they're probably the best reviewers out there :p But yeah, they are really opinionated and we get to see that every single E3 nowadays.
Well yeah, I agree on most of the games, IGN is very fanboyish and biased, we can't really help that problem, the only thing we can stop is viewing their game reviews, but I merely view them for entertainment.

Well yeah, I agree on most of the games, IGN is very fanboyish and biased, we can't really help that problem, the only thing we can stop is viewing their game reviews, but I merely view them for entertainment.
Yeah, sometimes stupidity is a bit entertaining. And hey, even if we stopped viewing their game reviews they'd probably keep going because they have a core group of idiots fans that'll believe everything they say

Why am I posting to a post that was posted in 2013? Oh well no one can stop me.

Yeah the game is ultra-fun. Must buy for a Wii U.

IGN's reviews are always entertaining to read, and can sometimes even encourage you to buy the games! I haven't read any in a while... I probably should read some more. Thanks for reminding me, 2013!

Back