Super Mario Bros. 3

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
One of the most exciting games for Nes I kept coming back to was Super Mario Bros. 3! :D Oh my gosh,that game was,and still is the best ever! I always loved playing it with my brothers,or cousins.My most favorite thing to do was collect items from Toad's shop,and playing co-op.I'd always make sure to be the first to grab them(cuz I was competitive like that,lol).If you've played the game,what would you say would be your favorite thing about it?

It was quite a revolutionary game I would say! I didn't mind it myself! There were many things I liked about it, my favourite though would be the addition of the toonoki suit for sure ;)

Reactions: P2.0
Yup,nothing beats being able to fly+transforming into a statue for brief invincibility! :D I think I used to argue with my brothers on who got to go the level with the hidden suit.It was hilarious! XD

Haha, great memories! I'm so glad I'm one of those luck 14 year olds who got the chance to play all these in my younger childhood! Because, a lot of memories are of me playing these amazing games!!

I hear that! :D The first thing we did when we got our first Wii Points card was buy SMB3. :) It was so much fun reliving it again! I'm trying to decide,if I should get some more eshop points if I should buy it again.We already got one on the Wii's Virtual Console,the anniversary eddition,even on Gameboy Advance! XD

Wow... That was the first game I ever played... Loved it.
Nuff said

I played it for the first time when it came with the 3DS Ambassador program - I could see why everyone praised it so much. It's one of my favourite NES games now, although I never beat it - I got to World 5-8 (or something) but the level was endless unless you took the correct route which I could never find. Anyway, it was a big thing for the NES so :thumbsup:

It's a neat game with a lot of hidden little secrets. It's all right but having played it before I honestly don't want to play it again. It had some neat worlds like Giant Land and Pipe Land but it just feels like more of the same things with a bit more power ups added. The eReader SMB3 Advance levels and Cape powerup were neat though so I might go back to that if I felt like it. Did I mention it had a great difficulty curve (steadily getting harder)?

@Darrix :Well put,couldn't have said it better myself. :D @Spinnerweb :I'm glad you were able to play it to see how it was like. :) And yes,I know EXACTLY what you mean. :eek: Hated the endless loop in the levels. X( But now I think I know where the secret paths are,so playing it is more relaxing,lol. XD @Artisan :Oh,I heard about it when we played it on GBA! Never got use the feature,however. :/ Sounds like we missed out on something pretty awesome,lol.

An amazing classic, for sure! I remember playing it when I was a kid, loved it! The worlds/stages can get very challenging at times and I give up and try again later. :p

The stages are somewhat short though, I wish they were longer.

The items are cool as well, Super power flying/toonaki suit anyone? that was pretty much cheating as you can skip the whole level by flying high in the air all the way through. :hilarious:

If I have to be honest, I think it's amazing but I also regret buying it for my 3DS...

I hate the old controls on the new consoles, too bad I didn't wait two weeks (I didn't know I would get a Wii U)

I love SMB 3, I remember seeing it's first game trailer on The Wizard. I loved that movie, and how it was just a big ad for Nintendo, and how it used some big actors to promote SMB 3.

I loved this game playd it since I was small :)
I'm not sure if i ever got to finish it though.

@Mikaya :Totally agree,the levels could've been longerbut at the same time,I wish for some to be short(Because of the endless loop levels,lol).And who hasn't used the Paratroopa Wing to cheat through the whole level before? XD Especially in World 8. :p @ErixSan :Ikr? I know it's for Virtual Console,but they should also make it so that it fits the 3DS because most aren't used to playing it,like myself. @Goten4 :They did? Poop,I never got a chance to see it.. .-. I'm gonna see if it's on Youtube later on,lol. @SNESLink :I never made it through when I was little,I just played mostly in the 'Gym',we called the Battle Stage on co-op mode,lol.And just derped in levels.But dad,it was truly an honor watching him go through the levels,and hearing his teachings as budding gamers. :)

I remember Super Mario Bros. 3 as one of my favorite games, and I have it on my wii, as part of my 25th Anniversary edition Super Mario All Stars game, and it was the American version, not the Japanese version.

@ErixSan :Ikr? I know it's for Virtual Console,but they should also make it so that it fits the 3DS because most aren't used to playing it,like myself.

I don't know why they added control settings on the Wii U VC but not on the 3DS one. It's annoying for me :/

@BreedingGuy :Oh,you have that too? It was really cool,kinda reminded me of the level editor game my brother pulled up.Actually,ALOT like that.. :eek: @ErixSan :Maybe because they could fit more on the Wii U? That's what I think,anyway. :/ But then again,they could've had updates just for that if that was the case.I really don't know,lol. XD

I played the GBA port when I was younger, and I loved that game. I think it was my first Mario game, but New Super Mario Bros got me into the series. I remember my aunt would let me play the game on the Gameboy SP and I would spend an hour or so playing it. I don't remember if I beat it or not.

I played this all the time on my wii. It be nice if I could get past workd 1 and world 2 tho ;-;

I played this all the time on my wii. It be nice if I could get past workd 1 and world 2 tho ;-;
It'll be fine, they're really a breeze! :D. Just get a rhythm down when you go through each level. Like Level 5 on World 1? Just slide down the hill, grab the coins, and keep on truckin'! Watch for the piranha plants! :3. Once you get a good feel, I know you'll make it!

Back