Super Mario Maker 3DS announced

• Thread starter TheYESDragon
  • Start date
Thank you nintendo i really love to play this game but i didn't have a wii u but 2 december is too far from now:(

When the wii u version of this game was announced I was really happy for them and I thought why don´t they release the game on the 3ds as well. For a long time I was kind of trying to make sense on myself that they did´t realease the game on 3ds because of technical issues, but now that I have seen the trailer and there is actually a release date for the game on the 3ds, I am so excited!! I just can´t wait to get my hands on it!

I'm kinda exited!
I don't have to buy a wii u anymore for mario maker!
:D

Not exactly sure how many sales SMM3ds will get considering a giant factor has been taken out - Uploading levels to be played universally. However, there's still a streetpass and spotpass feature, which is better than nothing. Removing features from ports kind of keeps the value and relevance in the original, I suppose. xD

Reactions: Gamer4647
Before, I was kind of predicting that if they did make Super Mario Maker for the 3DS, it would have skins from the GBA ports of Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World, as well as from New Super Mario Bros. 2. Alás, that is not the case, but this should keep most 3DS owners happy. That said, I can't help but feel that Nintendo essentialy doesn't want the Wii U to succeed anymore with some of its exclusives not being, well, exclusive for the console anymore. I mean, it is nice to let the 3DS players have a taste of what they were missing before with Wii U exclusives, but still, it's a tad confusing.
As for the game, I already have it on Wii U running fine, so I don't need to buy it. Also, there's barely any people with a 3DS where I live, so there's that to add to the matter. :p

I have a wii u and a 2ds so i could get either version and i'm leaning more into the 3ds version. I'm not really bothered about the whole no online thing because i walk around a lot so streetpass will sure be enough levels for me. I also love the idea of having it handheld. The wii u version never really got my attention but i might get this one.

wha-.... wha-.... huh-... WHY IS NINTENDO DOING THIS TO PEOPLE D: Mario maker for the 3ds?!?! are you serious??? REALLY?!
*song plays* tsk tsk tsk. Nintendo please... WHY may i ask is this a thing? suuure 3ds users want the level making thing... BUT STILL! the screen even on the XL console is WAY to small for level creating like that. Not to mention the fact that you CAN'T EVEN SHARE LEVELS ONLINE?? that was the whole consept! i mean COME ON NINTENDO! am I the only one here thinking that nintendo only made a 3ds version to milk the wii u version? there is litarrly NO point what so ever in making a 3ds version. *Takes a deep breath* sorry for my little rant there.... but still nintendo could be working more on games like breath of the wild and stuff >.< not making ports for a system what doesn't have a big enough screen.
hey kid calm the hell down i wanted a mario maker for 3ds since mario maker wii u came out. And what do you mean the screen is to small, have you played the game?... i dont think so. STOP using CAPS like THIS its dumb.*takes deep breath* sorry for my little rant there...

Reactions: TerraKnight
hey kid calm the hell down i wanted a mario maker for 3ds since mario maker wii u came out. And what do you mean the screen is to small, have you played the game?... i dont think so. STOP using CAPS like THIS its dumb.*takes deep breath* sorry for my little rant there...
yas.

A little weird, they removed the key feature that made Mario Maker fun because you could play other people's courses (If you call raging over Ross' levels "fun") and online uploading, but a fair bit of my friends have 3DSs and I could see us creating the most difficult collaboration level in existence, but it's going to be hard, justifying another 50$ game that is just a watered down version of what I have, just so I can play it more... We'll see, maybe it'll be worth it.

I'm really excited for this to come out. I don't have a wii u and have only ever played mario maker at my cousin's house. And I know there are a lot more people like me. It's good for Nintendo that they are doing this because there are a lot of customers on 3ds and not wii u, and looking at the wii u version, it's a must have for non 3ds users. If you don't want it just don't get it. Nintendo gets a lot more money. Everybody is happy.
This could be awesome too for an nx feature. We all know there will have to be some form of mario maker on nx. And I read a rumor about the nx connecting devices like 3ds to nx. So. Beside the downside of not being able to upload online, maybe we can transfer to nx version and then upload it. Everybody is even more happy.

Yay 3DS Super Mario Maker. Yay Streetpass. Yay more uses for Amiibos. Seriously I don't see what the big deal is making it different from the Wii U version. You can just search course codes on the browser/or if it involves just friends then people could relay the courses people want and play them that way. If there's any new backgrounds from Mario games that aren't in the Wii U version that would be great too.

Yay 3DS Super Mario Maker. Yay Streetpass. Yay more uses for Amiibos.
The Mystery Mushroom and Mario Costumes are Wii U exclusive :(

No sharing of Mario levels? That's bad
No Mystery mushroom costumes? That's even worse

I think the Wii U version of the game is much better, since that version has the mystery mushroom and the level sharing feature. Plus, the Wii U has a much larger screen too

But for people who don't have a Wii U, it's great, since making levels is part of the fun!

It's kinda sad that Nintendo is actually making the 3DS version worse because I don't have a Wii U. I've also heard they won't have a feature to share online... Soooo....

What are your thoughts about it?

I like that they are making a Mario maker fo 3ds, however the online feature won't be integrated unfortunately. But it is cool that we get to play Mario maker on the go now!

I saw this thread the day it came out but forgot to reply >.<

Like most others, I think it stinks that there will be no online sharing feature. I think that's what gave SMMWiiU its charm. The Streetpass thing doesn't really appeal to me, either. There's just no one around to even share with. I think I'll pass on SMM3DS.

I don't know, although it does look VERY impressive!! I definitely will consider getting it, but I want to wait a few days after it comes out to see the reviews of it, and if the reviews look promising then just maybe I will get it :)

Well Nintendo finally ported super Mario maker to the Nintendo 3ds and its great and all but was it a good idea to put it on the Wii u first. Personally, I think that they're both great but I think it just feels more natural on the 3ds since of the stylus and bottom screen and that when you're creating or editing levels the 3ds is the way to go but I much more enjoy playing my games on an HD screen. Basically if your playing to play level instead of creating them then the Wii u is the way to go but if you're creating them then get the 3ds.

This was the most stupid port ever. Here's why:

You cant share courses online. This was one of the best things about the wii u version, being able to let the world play your course, and now that feature is completely gone. Sure, you can share courses with friends locally, but thats only if you have the game. The game supports streetpass as well, but thats pretty much dead now.

But a lot of people bought the Wii Uversion so they could play courses by other people... so can you? Well yes, but they appear on a single screen at random. You cant search for individual courses, you cant play courses that had amiibo costumes in them, you cant even rate or leave comments on courses either.

I guess if you have friends and siblings with 3ds's and their own copy of the game then it's an ok buy, but to the average player, buying it is a stupid decision.

They should have just saved this for the switch. Imagine sharing courses online, but also being able to share them with other people you might meet with a Switch and Mario Maker. It would also be more powerful, enough to be able to SEARCH FOR COURSES! I was so excited when they announced this for 3ds, because I wanted Mario Maker, but didn't have a Wii U. Now I just think they ruined it.

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
Back