Super Smash Bros. 4 Newcomer Being Announced on Monday!

• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
Magitroopa

Magitroopa

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
5327_297705247069829_733323768816431459_n.png
So... If you haven't heard already, there will be a newcomer for SSB4 being announced on Monday!!! Who do you think it will be??? Voice your opinions below!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live."

"ところで! 新たなる挑戦者を発表したいと思います。 今回はニンテンドーダイレクトなどではなく、7月14日(月)23:00から、公式ウェブサイトにおいて、単体で流す予定です。 いろいろ作った新ファイター参戦映像も、そろそろ打ち止め。 今回も力を入れていますので、ぜひリアルタイムで楽しんでくださいませ。"

From the official Smash Bros Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Super-Smash-Bros/224173137756374):
"A new challenger will be revealed next week, but instead of unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct we're going to live-stream the 3 minute reveal on the official website at the following times:

North America: Monday 14th July at 07:00 (PDT)
UK: Monday 14th July at 15:00 (BST)
AUS: Tuesday 15th July at 00:00 (AEST)

Here are the times for timezones so you guys know when it is:
PST/PDT - 7 AM
CET/CEST - 4 PM
EST/EDT - 10 AM
AEST - 12 AM
BTS - 3 PM
(Feel free to let me know of other timezones, as I am bad at them :p

And here are links to the website and to the Youtube stream so you can watch it LIVE!:
http://www.smashbros.com/ (It should appear right away)

Last edited:
I hope it's Steve from Blues Clues. Or it might be Shrek! Wait, what if it's David Hasselhoff? :D

In all reality, I hope we get Ness since they haven't announced him yet. But a newcomer? Maybe it's Waluigi?

I hope it's Steve from Blues Clues. Or it might be Shrek! Wait, what if it's David Hasselhoff? :D

In all reality, I hope we get Ness since they haven't announced him yet. But a newcomer? Maybe it's Waluigi?
"A new challenger will be revealed next week, but instead of unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct we're going to live-stream the 3 minute reveal on the official website at the following times:"

3 minute reveal
Gematsu Leak (Chorus Men)
Chorus Men = 3
3 minute reveal - 3 Chorus Men
CHORUS MEN CONFIRMED

EDIT: I almost forgot, Sakurai has released the official SSB4 roster!!!!:
super-smash-bros-wii-u-leakthe-smash-bros-discussion-thread-page-145-skullheart-qugtwnsx.jpg

Last edited:
"A new challenger will be revealed next week, but instead of unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct we're going to live-stream the 3 minute reveal on the official website at the following times:"

3 minute reveal
Gematsu Leak (Chorus Men)
Chorus Men = 3
3 minute reveal - 3 Chorus Men
CHORUS MEN CONFIRMED

EDIT: I almost forgot, Sakurai has released the official SSB4 roster!!!!:
View attachment 757
That looks real to me! I don't know what I was thinking when I said Waluigi :p

Yeah, it's probably the Chrous Men. I can't think of any other character that the person leaked that hasn't been revealed up to this point?

Yeah, it's probably the Chrous Men. I can't think of any other character that the person leaked that hasn't been revealed up to this point?
He said
-Shulk (Xenoblade)
-Palutena (Kid Icarus)
-Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
-Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
-Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y

He got Palutena and a Pokemon from X or Y (If you count Greninja as that Pokemon)
He also originally guess Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac Man, and Mii which all 6 of those are in it.

Ah, well...

Chrom I thought for sure was going to be included but then for whatever reason they added Ike back. It's still likely he'll be added but adding Ike back cut his chances significantly >.>

Shulk is also extremely likely imo, but the reveal on Monday is probably Chorus Men.

I'm really hoping it's a character we've all been anticipating so far...

I'm really hoping it's a character we've all been anticipating so far...
Who would that be?

I don't wanna wake up at 9 AM for this >_>

I hope it's Petey Piranha but I guess that's unlikely :(

I'm really hoping it's someone from the Golden Sun series... I mean someone from this series to represent in Super Smash Bros. is LONG-OVERDUE! I don't know why... but I'm hoping Professor Layton somehow squeezes his way into this roster.

I'm really hoping it's someone from the Golden Sun series... I mean someone from this series to represent in Super Smash Bros. is LONG-OVERDUE! I don't know why... but I'm hoping Professor Layton somehow squeezes his way into this roster.
I don't think Professor Layton would make it in because he doesn't really have 3d model and he doesn't really fit well with the games art style.

There is now a rumor spreading around that Monday's character will be Shulk! Supposedly, the Xeno-series director, Yuichiro Takeda retweeted the tweet about a new character on Monday, leading people to suspect Shulk. I don't know... I'm still thinking Chorus Men for Monday!alKVDKZ.png

Chrom would be awesome! But chorus men is a no no for me.

I think Chorus Men would be hilarious, I think that it might be Ridley though. It may be unlikely, but we still need a villain from the Metroid series. It's most likely either Shulk or the Chorus Men in reality.

I can't see Chorus Men making it in at all. They seem like random people to me. (Then again we did get the Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.)

Little Mac actually seemed very likely to me, he's a classic Nintendo character who fights. Wii Fit Trainer has been without a doubt the most random character to enter. She had like 2 games and barely did anything influential. Chorus Men seems unlikely, but about on the same level as Wii Fit Trainer.

I can't see Chorus Men making it in at all. They seem like random people to me. (Then again we did get the Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.)

Random.. Wii Fit Trainer.. Little Mac? What? Wii Fit Trainer, yes, may be a bit random, but not as random as below this.

Random is like ROB in SSBB or Funky Kong in Mario Kart Wii, not Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer! Also, Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Metallic Orange Hair Dyed Funky Bananas Peach (Pink Gold Peach) are both VERY random characters in Mario Kart 8.

Btw, I did think of something: The Chorus Men could be like Mii where there is a gunner, swordfighter, and brawler, but maybe it's changed up a bit for the Chorus Men.

Back