Super Smash Bros. 4 Newcomer Being Announced on Monday!

• Thread starter Magitroopa
  • Start date
I actually think Chorus Men are on a lower level than the wii fit trainer.

Chorus Men could probably help boost Rhythm Heaven sales up. I found in the Youtube comments for some video (I'll post the comment if I can find it ^.^) someone made a good point that Most people did not know about Fire Emblem or Mother or ROB or Mr. Game & Watch, etc. until Super Smash Bros (1, Melee, Brawl, etc.) came out. So, this could help boost popularity for the series of Rhythm Heaven.

Chorus Men could probably help boost Rhythm Heaven sales up. I found in the Youtube comments for some video (I'll post the comment if I can find it ^.^) someone made a good point that Most people did not know about Fire Emblem or Mother or ROB or Mr. Game & Watch, etc. until Super Smash Bros (1, Melee, Brawl, etc.) came out. So, this could help boost popularity for the series of Rhythm Heaven.
Yeah I suppose it would. But I personally just can't see it happening.

Yeah I suppose it would. But I personally just can't see it happening.
Found the video!

The comment says, "Remember when no one knew who Ness was? Remember when no one knew what Fire Emblem was? Remember when no one knew who Mister Game and Watch was? Remember when no one knew who Pit was? Remember when most people finally knew what Earthbound was, but they still didn't know who Lucas was? Nintendo remembers all of this. Smash Bros. is the perfect vessel for getting American audiences to pay more attention to an unknown or ignored franchise. Its kind of brilliant."

Along wit Shulk, not many people know about Xenoblade, so introducing them to the battle will help more people learn about Xenoblade. I know that I had no idea what Kid Icarus was until Pit was introduced.

Wait... Chorus men are probably replacing Ice Climbers! That actually seems pretty cool! I never really did like the Ice Climbers. And after doing some research it's either Chrom or Chorus Men. (Or by new Sakurai might mean a returning character like Wario)

Wait... Chorus men are probably replacing Ice Climbers! That actually seems pretty cool! I never really did like the Ice Climbers. And after doing some research it's either Chrom or Chorus Men. (Or by new Sakurai might mean a returning character like Wario)

What about the Shulk rumor?

There is now a rumor spreading around that Monday's character will be Shulk! Supposedly, the Xeno-series director, Yuichiro Takeda retweeted the tweet about a new character on Monday, leading people to suspect Shulk. I don't know... I'm still thinking Chorus Men for Monday!View attachment 760

http://nintendonews.com/2014/07/shulk-joins-super-smash-bros-roster/

Mewtwo. calling it.

Mewtwo. calling it.
But Monday's character is new. Mewtwo was already in SSBM, so it's not him.

Yeah, it's probably the Chrous Men. I can't think of any other character that the person leaked that hasn't been revealed up to this point?
Isaac from Golden Sun, Chrom from Fire Emblem, or Baby Bowser from Yoshi.

I'm really hoping it's someone from the Golden Sun series... I mean someone from this series to represent in Super Smash Bros. is LONG-OVERDUE! I don't know why... but I'm hoping Professor Layton somehow squeezes his way into this roster.

Professor Layton is a series that's confirmed to be over though.

Don't throw Layton 7 in my face because that isn't Professor Layton.

Perhaps this character will be more well known than you think since it will be revealed earlier than the release date. King K. Rool maybe because of the people that want him in (like Little Mac was wanted in a video of what pro players wanted on YT) and there are Kremlings in Smash Run. If unlikely characters is what they aim for there is always Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight (however it never made much money I don't think or does it have a big fanbase). It could even be Ridley (team up on the Ridley player everyone because we hate him! Use him and make him Self-Destruct!)

Not sure if this is a complete list but assuming it's a first-party character like most of them are you have to pick from these options (not counting things like R.O.B. and the handheld Game and Watches):
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_video_game_series

Maybe it is dark pit because of paletunas trailer but i doubt it is not dark pit

Maybe it will be Chrom from FE: Awakening ? So many people want him to be in the game... And I'm sure it would be a nice alternative to Ike (I guess he'll get bulky characters' characteristics: slow, but does a lot of damage...).

After being on smashboards I'm convinced its Ridley

Considering the wording of the post, Chorus Men being revealed on Monday is unfathomable to me assuming the choice of words is intentional. The Chorus Men is a group of people, but Sakurai said "a new challenger", which is singular.

Reactions: Super Smash Jordan
Also, I think if the Chorus Men were going to be introduced on Smash Bros, they wouldn't hype the reveal that much. I think the most likely would be a character from a more know franchise, so if it's somebody from Xenoblade Chronicles or from Fire Emblem, it would make more sense, since those are more popular franchises.

Maybe it is dark pit because of paletunas trailer but i doubt it is not dark pit
No, unlikely to happen. He maybe a skin of Pit's, remember not all the skins have been revealed yet.

After being on smashboards I'm convinced its Ridley
Ridley's confirmed as a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere stage on the Wii U version.

Isaac from Golden Sun, Chrom from Fire Emblem, or Baby Bowser from Yoshi.
By baby Bowser I mean Bowser Jr. don't judge me because Waluigi is in Wario's universe and he has not been in a Wario Land nor Wario Ware game in the entire series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridley's confirmed as a stage hazard in the Pyrosphere stage on the Wii U version.
He's not confirmed...

Reactions: Artisan
I AM NOW PREDICTING THAT THE CHORUS MEN AND MR GAME AND WATCH WILL BE ANNOUNCED TOMORROW. LOOK AT THE BACKGROUNDS.
BLACK = MR GAME AND WATCH
WHITE = CHORUS MEN5327_297705247069829_733323768816431459_n.png tMT34dW.png

Reactions: MLGirby
Back