Contest Super Smash Bros. For 3DS 0.5 Smashing Tournament

• Thread starter T-Player Guy
  • Start date
T-Player Guy

T-Player Guy

Always think positively!
Towns Folk
(Signups for the tournament are now officialy closed,as it has already reached it's maximum number of participants.)

Hello everyone,and welcome to the Super Smash Bros. For 3DS 0.5 Smashing tournament(I swear I tried creating a proper title for this)!

image.jpg

Link for the tournament bracket: http://challonge.com/smash05tourney

What are the rules?

As you may have suspected from the title,it will be a SSB for 3DS tournament,with 0.5 launchrate,which means it will be involved around 'hard-to-launch' battles.Here are some other rules:
  • Every stage has to be in it's Omega/Final Destination form,other than Battlefield and Boxing Ring,which I'll allow to be played on normally;
  • To enter the tournament,you'll have to pay 3PC in order to participate,and for now,I'm thinking on leaving 16 slots open,but if more people come in,than I may raise that number from 20 to 32;
  • Since I'm generous,I'll consider this:The first 5 members to occupier the first 6 slots of the tournament will be eligible to enter without paying anything.Of course,after that,you will be demanded to pay 3PC in order to battle in this tournament;
  • Battles will be done between two members,having the two to add each other's Friend Code in order to do so;
  • Matches will be set with 2 stocks each,and there will be double-elimination.
  • No items will be allowed(yes,even the Smash Ball,for more fair battles);
  • Once the tournament begins,I'll give a set period of one week until everyone finishes their matches.Otherwise,I'll eliminate the least active member from the tournament;
  • You have to choose one character for you to battle with during the entire tournament,and you may change your character until the actual tournament begins.You cannot choose a character that one has already picked,leaving you to pick another one,by tournament restrictions.
  • When posting to register yourself to earn a spot in the tournament,you will have to post your 3DS Friend Code and the character you'll use for the entire tournament.You can also reserve a spot,if you're undecided whether or not to join.
Wait,are there restrictions?

Yup,and that includes stages(which were already mentioned,being them Omega stages,BattleField and Boxing Ring),playing as the Mii Fighters,items and of course,customization.

Any prizes?

Of course there will be prizes for the members who manage to reach the highest rank spots,but it won't be only PC this time around.If you're one of the 5 highest ranking members as of the end of the tournament,you've eligible to request me a drawing of your favorite SSB character,and you may even ask me to send the drawing to your home address,if you want.Here's a clear list of what you'll get,depending on the positioning:

1st place: 30 PC,a drawing of your favorite Smash character and a request to send it to your address,a guaranteed download code for the Mewtwo DLC on the 3DS version(coming soon on the end of March)and ANY legendary Pokemon( incluiding event Pokemon) of your choice for free.
2nd place: 15 PC,a drawing of your favorite Smash character and a request to send it to your address,and one "non-covered legendary Pokemon (legendary who hasn't appeared on a Pokemon game cover,like Entei,Articuno..) for free.
3rd place: 10 PC,a drawing of your favorite Smash character and a request to send it to your address,and request to receive any started Pokemon for free.
4th place: 5 PC and a drawing of your favorite Smash character.
5th place: 4PC and a drawing of your favorite Smash character.
6th to 16th place: 3PC.

And that's it for now.I hope everyone participating will have a great and fun time while playing,while also competing to be the very best!Good luck to everyone in the tournament! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiki, Mudkip, bernardowho and 7 others
Tournament paticipants:
1) @Hayleia (FC: 4399-0297-7662) - Captain Falcon
2) @Ninja-Patty (FC: 4098-4026-9518) - Yoshi
3) @Nightsrain622 (FC: 2020-0841-6218) - Lucina
4) @ianarceus (FC: 2724-0288-8340) - Pikachu
5) @GerudoWarrior (FC: 3668-8167-0991) - Ganondorf
6) @tacocob (FC:4570-8414-7027) - Toon Link
7) @Alpha Harry (FC:4596-9984-7295) - Falco
8) @Artisan (FC: 4038-6222-6181) - Zelda
9) @CrashToad124 (FC: 4313-2909-3710) - Ike
10) @NIN10 (FC: 0275-9673-5797) - Sonic
11) @Megalegacy (FC: 5086-2952-6697) - Mr.Game & Watch
12) @atomic_ian (FC: 2809-8131-5313) - Shulk
13) @TheZekroms (FC: 2750-1618-3709) - Bowser
14) @Nova (FC: 3024-6424-4785) - Pac-Man
15) @Trainer Red (FC: 4871-4114-4593) - Charizard
16) @J9794 (FC: 4871-5764-8524) - Dark Pit
17) @MaskSmash (FC: 2492-4986-1755) - Villager
18) @pepy550 (FC: 4811-7057-8489) - Kirby
19) @juicycak3 (FC: 5258-1973-2142) - Mario
20) @SmashChamp (FC: 1779-1694-1818) - Pit
21) @aichi sendou (FC: 4184-3889-2767) - Greninja
22) @GiantSlayer321 (FC: 4785-6723-8147) - Ness
23) @gamerboyblue (FC: 5000-2260-5968) - Zero Suit Samus
24) @AgentLuigi3 (FC: 4425-1495-0815) - Luigi
25) @Brick1309 (FC: 2122-7125-522o) - Little Mac
26) @tyrone500 (FC: 2165-7340-0797) - Link
27) @MegaTrainer13579 (FC: 1821-9080-5787) - Robin
28) @King DeDeDoo (FC: 0877-2984-0297) - King Dedede
29) @GravityTheGhost (FC: 0232-9360-17196) - Jigglypuff
30) @TunaMelt (FC: 5344-1011-4514) - Fox
31) @Bluefoot (FC: 0018-0663-5336) - Marth
32) @hellishnight (FC: 3239-5272-0073) - Mega Man

Last edited:
Reactions: GravityTheGhost and Slayerpon Tatsu
If people from Europe can enter (how will you give a Mewtwo DLC to someone from Europe if that person wins ?), I'd like to enter with JigglyPuff.

If people from Europe can enter (how will you give a Mewtwo DLC to someone from Europe if that person wins ?), I'd like to enter with JigglyPuff.
Added,and sure,people from Europe can join as well.Now,I didn't thought about Europe winner and NA Mewtwo case.Well,if this promotion is valid at CN of Europe,than I might have to go there and ge the code.I'll only need a UK telephone number and UK SSB for Wii U code until then...

Who I won't be able to play as?

Well,unfortunely,not every character will be allowed to enter,and those are:
Little Mac
Ike
Shulk
Mii Fighters
I don't quite get the banlist. You're saying that some middle/middle-low tier characters, yet you're allowing top-tier characters like ZSS, Rosalina, Sheik and Diddy Kong ?

Added,and sure,people from Europe can join as well.Now,I didn't thought about Europe winner and NA Mewtwo case.Well,if this promotion is valid at CN of Europe,than I might have to go there and ge the code.I'll only need a UK telephone number and UK SSB for Wii U code until then...
Good Luck with that. NoE probably won't be the friendliest.

I don't quite get the banlist. You're saying that some middle/middle-low tier characters, yet you're allowing top-tier characters like ZSS, Rosalina, Sheik and Diddy Kong ?

Good Luck with that. NoE probably won't be the friendliest.
Updated the banned characters list.Sorry,I just forgot how unfair those four can be at times in competitive play. :p
And yeah,NoE is pretty mean while checking your registration(do I really need to give them a UK cellphone number?). :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: D4rkDragon
Forget about Jigglypuff, I choose Captain Falcon if he is not banned.

Also, do people only need the FC to play online or also the NNID ?

Forget about Jigglypuff, I choose Captain Falcon if he is not banned.

Also, do people only need the FC to play online or also the NNID ?
I guess Captain Falcon is acceptable for the tournament,so yeah,you can change to him.In fact,I already updated your character choice.
As for the FC,having a ID is obrigatory to play online,by Nintendo demands,but I only ask for the FC,for members to know how to get to fight their chosen opponent,which will be decided in Challonge.com,when I make the tournament bracket.

I guess Captain Falcon is acceptable for the tournament,so yeah,you can change to him.In fact,I already updated your character choice.
Ok, thanks :)

As for the FC,having a ID is obrigatory to play online,by Nintendo demands,but I only ask for the FC,for members to know how to get to fight their chosen opponent,which will be decided in Challonge.com,when I make the tournament bracket.
Sorry, I was not really clear here. I do have a ID but I was wondering if I needed to know my opponent's ID to play online with that person or if his/her FC is enough.

Reactions: T-Player Guy
May I sign up :cat: My Character should either be Mario or Greninja and my FC is 4098-4026-9518 Thankies :p

I'll join my fc is 2020-08416218
I shall play as lucina

May I sign up :cat: My Character should either be Mario or Greninja and my FC is 4098-4026-9518 Thankies :p
Sure!Just be aware that you can choose only one character for the tournament,but you have plenty of time to decide until there. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Knight Rain
count me in

FC-2724-0288-8340

count me in

FC-2724-0288-8340
Do you have your character choice decided?If not,then you have until the tournament start-up to decide. :coffee:

I just noticed what an OP character could be in that kind of contest. Lucario.

Basically, in "normal conditions" with a launch rate of 0.5, everyone gets ridiculously high percents like 250% before getting out. That's the case for Lucario. Except that when he is at 250%, maybe his opponent still has a launch rate of 0.5 but he doesn't...

So I don't know if he should be banned but if he is not, people, be fast to play as him :p

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
I just noticed what an OP character could be in that kind of contest. Lucario.

Basically, in "normal conditions" with a launch rate of 0.5, everyone gets ridiculously high percents like 250% before getting out. That's the case for Lucario. Except that when he is at 250%, maybe his opponent still has a launch rate of 0.5 but he doesn't...

So I don't know if he should be banned but if he is not, people, be fast to play as him :p
I'll think if Lucario should be banned or not from the tournament,since there is an ammount of people who like to play as him.Thanks for the warning, @Hayleia . :thumbsup:

I join! I would like to have my characters set as Ganondorf or Lucario. I shall decide whom until the tournament. I hope I win, because I really, really want that dlc code :D

Sign me up as toon link 4570-8414-7027

I join! I would like to have my characters set as Ganondorf or Lucario. I shall decide whom until the tournament. I hope I win, because I really, really want that dlc code :D

Sign me up as toon link 4570-8414-7027
Added you both. @GerudoWarrior ,you may want to practice more with Ganondorf now,because I'm currently thinking if I should ban Lucario or not,but it's just an advice.And @tacocob ,you don't have to pay,because you're one of the first 6 members to enter,so I'm going to give those 3 PC back,if you don't mind. :p

Back