Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct this Tuesday

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Just to alert you guys, there will be a Nintendo Direct for the new Super Smash Bros. games on Tuesday.

Updated (added video) :

New details about the games will be revealed in the Direct. What are you guys expecting or hoping for?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reece
Hmm. It should be revealing enough to get people hyped about it and it should be covered up enough so nothing gets spoiled too much. Maybe a short demo. There's most likely going to be another character reveal.

Yes, Yes, and YES! I've been waiting for this. I'd like to see a new character added to the roster, it's probably Yoshi and I would like them to give us an estimated release date, like Summer, Winter? @Artisan I wish a demo would be announced too, but I doubt it.

Yes, Yes, and YES! I've been waiting for this. I'd like to see a new character added to the roster, it's probably Yoshi and I would like them to give us an estimated release date, like Summer, Winter? @Artisan I wish a demo would be announced too, but I doubt it.

Wait, Yoshi wasn't on the roster since the whole time o_O ? He appeared in every SSB game !
By the way, I think that they'll give more precisions on the release date, and eventually (new) characters or stages.
If it don't get aired too late where I lived, I'll follow it for sure !

@Artisan, @Reece: Everybody's hoping for a demo, but I am not sure at all that Nintendo will make a demo for this SSB. Probably because it would spoil too many things from the final game.

yoshi did return

I think they will reveal shulk with some sort of new role in the story, and yoshi, i also see they will explain new battle mechanics things especially on the 3DS, im hyped for this to, it will be a huge sucess like pokemon XY im sure.

I hope to get a release date and for them to announce a SSB theme Wii U bundle as well as some matches in progress.

What to talk about? The characters, the online matches, the speed run, the custom attacks, your favorite character shown so far, the stages, all the Play Coins that are going to be put in to circulation? Well I still am choosing Olimar. Are you depressed about other characters that might not make it in? Well the Assist Trophy with the old school video game was nice, Final Destination got a sweet design, there was a lot of Pokemon shown in the video, Mario Got a Sluggers Bat, Ness/Lucas didn't show up at all, the music was great, multiplayers going to spoil me, all the Final Smashs but Rosalina's are powerful, the FPSs were revealed, 5 characters have been officially announced in the game, and I think this is going to be a great discussion around these parts.

60 FPS even with 3D sounds good to me for the 3DS version of the game. Same roster sounds good as well. As for getting banned for leaving your game, I hope it's when someone constantly joins games and leave right away.

I'm also looking forward to learning what that connecting 3DS with Wii U is all about, :woot:

They should release a demo so that people can see if the game runs smoothly with their Internet connection though. And it looks like Smash Bros isn't going to be delayed to 2015, :D

Reactions: Reece
I don't like being the person that hates on Nintendo, but this really showed their stupidity.

Do they HONESTLY believe that the majority of people are going to buy Smash Bros for 3DS then pay 60$ for it again a few months later? I can understand whyit would make sense for most people, having new stages and upgraded visuals a few months later will be great, but that's not how consumers are going to look at it. Parents are going to see this game in stores and say "oh, s/he has that on 3DS."

Also, having an exclusive game mode on 3DS is completely ridiculous. Unless Wii U has 2 exclusive game modes, that's just plain stupid.

They should release a demo so that people can see if the game runs smoothly with their Internet connection though. And it looks like Smash Bros isn't going to be delayed to 2015,

I'm not sure the Wii U version will be released this year. Unless they made a huge mistake, it makes no sense for them to release it in "Winter 2014." Unless they're considering Winter 2014 as when it starts snowing, because winter only has 9 days in 2014.

I'm not sure the Wii U version will be released this year. Unless they made a huge mistake, it makes no sense for them to release it in "Winter 2014." Unless they're considering Winter 2014 as when it starts snowing, because winter only has 9 days in 2014.
Christmas I'm guessing, but it'll be a mess around that time shopping. Btw, I wouldn't buy the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game for the same person if I was buying 'em as a gift, even if they were released at the same time.

As for the exclusive game mode, I don't really care about it. All I care about is the online multiplayer brawling, :artist:

I'm not thrilled about the Wii U release date though, I guess it's the only way to get the 3DS version to sell copies as I'm sure most would want to get the Wii U version.

But I think Japan will get this in 2014 and everyone else it's going to be early 2015.

I'm not thrilled about the Wii U release date though, I guess it's the only way to get the 3DS version to sell copies as I'm sure most would want to get the Wii U version.

Nintendo needs to sell Wii U's. It's selling worse than Vita, and that's pretty bad. Meanwhile the 3DS doesn't need ANYTHING else to sell more...

I watched the direct through a rebroadcast, and now, I can't wait for the game to come as soon as possible :D !
Seriously, the creator of the Smash Bros. Series is a pure genius :) I already know what I'll do this summer...

Yeah, i loved the direct but i think they should add diancie for support character, also i liked how greninja is a character now but delphox and chesnaught characters would be good to, i also hope i can use shiny greninja in this .-., i would like a demo to but i think it is not going to be possible is just like asking for a pokemon XY demo ;)

I'm also looking forward to learning what that connecting 3DS with Wii U is all about, :woot:

Yes, what the connection will be might ensure the success (or prevent the failure) of the Wii U. And the mysterious custom moveset feature. I wonder how it works. It must be how Sakurai comes up with balanced characters. Will Capt. Falcon/ Jigglypuff/ Ness/ Lucas return?

Nintendo needs to sell Wii U's. It's selling worse than Vita, and that's pretty bad. Meanwhile the 3DS doesn't need ANYTHING else to sell more...
He also said they still have more to do for the Wii U version, which would explain the release date not being the same.

He also said they still have more to do for the Wii U version, which would explain the release date not being the same.

the fact that they admit they are doing more than the Wii U version than 3DS version proves they shouldn't have bothered with a handheld version.

I feel this can go both ways, I mean people with a 3DS will most likely get on 3DS and might not buy a Wii U for it. But then people with a Wii U might just wait for the Wii U version, and not buy a 3DS for it. I want a 3DS, but not for this game, I will get one for pokemon as soon as I can get the money.

Just this morning I was thinking the Wii U might have not only stage builder but custom Target Stages that you can share online. For instance the ability to limit what character can be used in it.

Back