Super Smash Brothers Held As Proud Example In The Japanese Gaming Industry, Consider GTA A Mixed Bag

• Thread starter wiiboy
  • Start date
Well, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft can't sell A rating games.
So doing this in a M game have it's logic.
Nintendo is very sensitive towards nudity and such content. It loosened a little with the 3ds i guess looking at the games like DOA:Dimensions, etc

that smiley wasn't a smiley when i posted ._. it checked out wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo is very sensitive towards nudity and such content. It loosened a little with the 3ds i guess looking at the games like DOA:Dimensions, etc

that smiley wasn't a smiley when i posted ._. it checked out wrong.
DOA: Dimensions is not made by Nintendo. It's made by a 3rd party developer......huge difference, just saying lol

DOA: Dimensions is not made by Nintendo. It's made by a 3rd party developer......huge difference, just saying lol
Lol I'm not stupid. But it had to be Nintendo approved didn't it?

Yes, I think Nintendo must approve of the content that will be on the market pertaining their products anyways the Super Smash Brothers. sage is a wonderful series of games mainly because of the well developed gaming legends (characters) that Nintendo created and it doesn't slip my mind that it is held as a proud example in the Japanese gaming industry.

Well it being Nintendo approved doesn't make too much of a difference in "loosening up." I mean, for a while they've also allowed Resident Evil games, which are clearly not E rated games (Resident Evil IV for Gamecube anyone?), and Metal Gear Solid: the Twin Snakes for Gamecube.

Well it being Nintendo approved doesn't make too much of a difference in "loosening up." I mean, for a while they've also allowed Resident Evil games, which are clearly not E rated games (Resident Evil IV for Gamecube anyone?), and Metal Gear Solid: the Twin Snakes for Gamecube.

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft won't approve A games, (Adult).
Also, Nintendo (at least for now, because they are changing it) doesn't accepted religion parodies or religion related games.

Also, Nintendo (at least for now, because they are changing it) doesn't accepted religion parodies or religion related games.
I didn't even know there was an A rating honestly lol I thought it went up to M. I guess you learn something new everyday :p

Yeah, I think all companies try to avoid cases like Anti-Religion etc. its bad for them, anyways Super Smash Brothers Brawl Subspace Emissary was a bit confusing right, I just want to know if I am the only one who had that thought.

I didn't even know there was an A rating honestly lol I thought it went up to M. I guess you learn something new everyday :p

Well, if you think about it, nude sex and adult themes... A hentai game for example can't be released in a console for that reason.

Well, if you think about it, nude sex and adult themes... A hentai game for example can't be released in a console for that reason.
I never saw a hentai game before and I don't hope to.

A good thought. NEVER hope to, it will scar you inside. :dead:

And don't do it.

Back to topic, what do you prefer, GTA V or SSB4?

And don't do it.

Back to topic, what do you prefer, GTA V or SSB4?
Super Smash Bros. 4 of course, I am not a big fan of the GTA series, I only play it so I can free drive around the area, I think Super Smash is much more entertaining.

Super Smash Bros. 4 of course, I am not a big fan of the GTA series, I only play it so I can free drive around the area, I think Super Smash is much more entertaining.
GTA V did have it's good sides ya know. Although I agree that SSB4 is entertaining, I can't really compare the games; they're of different genres.

GTA V did have it's good sides ya know. Although I agree that SSB4 is entertaining, I can't really compare the games; they're of different genres.
Totally agree, you can't compare them, they both bring two different elements, but seriously I don't like the GTA saga, I think its overrated.

Totally agree, you can't compare them, they both bring two different elements, but seriously I don't like the GTA saga, I think its overrated.
GTA is good for hilarious multiplayer stuff on YouTube if anything. I mean, Grand Theft Smosh is always hilarious to watch for example lol

GTA is good for hilarious multiplayer stuff on YouTube if anything. I mean, Grand Theft Smosh is always hilarious to watch for example lol
Somehow I can't deny that :p

Super Smash brothers huh it woul be crazy seeing a super smash bros game mix with GTA, Mario would be a gangster and it doesn't surprise me at all since i watched a robot chicken episode about this thing.

The Kurubo Shoe in SMB3 was probably what inspired GTA. But it's a little bit too much when you think you can do anything in the world that is against the law and get away with it (of course it's just a "game"). From a biased perspective Smash trumps all.

I like SSB more than GTA, I mean, c'mon, in what other game can you have 3 other people on the couch and beat the absolute crap out of them in such a wacky way? :D

Back