Surprising game love

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
Interesting, I'll look it up! It does seem like a great game.

Really? It seems like just another platformer. Huh.

Better news even; they're giving the game away! Look at the website of the publisher. :3 If you win you get a copy for each platform plus some copies for your friends aaaand some exclusives. The game is really different from its prequels (there's one before Dig, it's a tower defence, I think I'll buy that one pretty soon too.)
I've heard of the defense but I never bothered to look into it. I've been digging (pun intended) what I've seen of Heist, and hope it addresses in some way what happened to the town after the events of Steamworld Dig.

I've heard of the defense but I never bothered to look into it. I've been digging (pun intended) what I've seen of Heist, and hope it addresses in some way what happened to the town after the events of Steamworld Dig.
Not really, SWD is chronologically the 3rd game, Heist will be at least the 5th. So while there will be little Easter Eggs (I already Spotted the name "McCrank and Daughter Ind." at the weapon shop) it won't be an exact sequel. So you might get some hints but not much more. :confused:

Accidentally got drugged?! What kind of game is it, if I may ask??

It's kind of a puzzle/arcade style game. The basic gameplay is you roll up various sized items to make a planet after your dead beat dad blew up the universe. I'm on my phone so I can't link you to a video but just look up Katamari Damacy, and you won't be disappointed. I don't think there is anything else like it in the world, so it's really a unique game.

Seems like even a stupid title like that attracts people. Good!

Thread title gets a 10/10 :hilarious:

I was never a fan of turn-based battle rpgs, but I don't mind playing Pokemon. It's weird. .-.

It's kind of a puzzle/arcade style game. The basic gameplay is you roll up various sized items to make a planet after your dead beat dad blew up the universe. I'm on my phone so I can't link you to a video but just look up Katamari Damacy, and you won't be disappointed. I don't think there is anything else like it in the world, so it's really a unique game.
Lol, your dad blows up the universe? Well the game makers had some humour! I looked it up and you have to roll a ball of stuff to replace the moon/stars/etc.? And it's good looking too!
Thread title gets a 10/10 :hilarious:

I was never a fan of turn-based battle rpgs, but I don't mind playing Pokemon. It's weird. .-.
Thanks! Pokémon isn't really a 'battle rpg' there's much more to it. It's also exploring, collecting, caring for weird creatures, etc. That's probably why you like it.

Crazy Construction. I thought it'd be 'just another Tetris clone' but - anime art style... It's really cool. It's more open than Tetris - the objects can be rotated at any angle, and you have to stack objects up to the top instead of preventing that happening like in traditional Tetris. You have to avoid having objects fall off too much. It's difficult, but highly addictive. I love it.

Crazy Construction. I thought it'd be 'just another Tetris clone' but - anime art style... It's really cool. It's more open than Tetris - the objects can be rotated at any angle, and you have to stack objects up to the top instead of preventing that happening like in traditional Tetris. You have to avoid having objects fall off too much. It's difficult, but highly addictive. I love it.
Nice to see you on the forums again! What platform by the way, I might want to try it. ;)

Reactions: 18
Nice to see you on the forums again! What platform by the way, I might want to try it. ;)
3DS of course :) And thanks!

I got hooked on the legend of Zelda games without even knowing what they were. The first legend of Zelda game I got was a gift from my uncle and he just gave me the cartridge when I went to go visit them, I had no idea what it was and just started playing it, it was halfway through the game, but I went with it. Now I love the whole franchise and I am trying to gat all the games.

I got hooked on the legend of Zelda games without even knowing what they were. The first legend of Zelda game I got was a gift from my uncle and he just gave me the cartridge when I went to go visit them, I had no idea what it was and just started playing it, it was halfway through the game, but I went with it. Now I love the whole franchise and I am trying to gat all the games.
Nice! I still need to play my first LoZ game. Any ideas on where I should start?

Nice! I still need to play my first LoZ game. Any ideas on where I should start?
Ohhhhh, that is a hard one. You could start the original LoZ, but I think I would recommend starting with ocarina of time. It is where most people (in my experiences) started. Then I would go on to Majoras mask because it's e sequel. Then you could go anywhere, there is a timeline that connects all the games, but you don't miss out on any story line, or something if you don't follow it (I didn't). I really like the DS games ( Phamtom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), Wind Waker was amazing, I enjoyed Twilight Princess, and if you want a challenge, the original LoZ and LoZ 2.

Ohhhhh, that is a hard one. You could start the original LoZ, but I think I would recommend starting with ocarina of time. It is where most people (in my experiences) started. Then I would go on to Majoras mask because it's e sequel. Then you could go anywhere, there is a timeline that connects all the games, but you don't miss out on any story line, or something if you don't follow it (I didn't). I really like the DS games ( Phamtom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks), Wind Waker was amazing, I enjoyed Twilight Princess, and if you want a challenge, the original LoZ and LoZ 2.
Okay, Ocarina of Time seems like great starting material since there is already a 3ds remake. (Right?) I'll keep it in mind. :)

For me it would have to be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I didn't think much of it since it's a game about being an attorney and all the "Objection!" memes surrounding it but once I started playing I got hooked. Unfortunately I have an android so I can't get the HD trilogy that's on the Apple app store.

Okay, Ocarina of Time seems like great starting material since there is already a 3ds remake. (Right?) I'll keep it in mind. :)
Exactly! Have fun! :D

For me it would have to be Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. I didn't think much of it since it's a game about being an attorney and all the "Objection!" memes surrounding it but once I started playing I got hooked. Unfortunately I have an android so I can't get the HD trilogy that's on the Apple app store.
Could you tell me a little bit ore about the game? It always seemed kind of boring but if it's really good I'd be missing out. :)

Disney's Magical World. It was way better than expected, and sometimes even difficult.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters, the game was deeper than I thought and I had quite a great time with it!

Animal Crossing New Leaf, my first AC game. I didn't know what was the hype about, and I still play it now ._.

Disney's Magical World. It was way better than expected, and sometimes even difficult.

Style Savvy: Trendsetters, the game was deeper than I thought and I had quite a great time with it!

Animal Crossing New Leaf, my first AC game. I didn't know what was the hype about, and I still play it now ._.
Tell me more about those! Except for AC:Nl I didn't even know those names! (Really though, what's the fun with AC:NL?)

Well, the Disney game is a really fun. You can craft multiple outfits and leave on adventures and see many Disney characters, while owning your own Café. You have your little room that you can decorate too!

For Style Savvy, well you run a boutique and take part in Fashion shows, there are sooooo many items and many are seasonals so you can see new stuff all year long. Also, there are various events you can participate, and you can have your boutique online for other plaers to buy your outfits and give you money in the game.

Well, the Disney game is a really fun. You can craft multiple outfits and leave on adventures and see many Disney characters, while owning your own Café. You have your little room that you can decorate too!

For Style Savvy, well you run a boutique and take part in Fashion shows, there are sooooo many items and many are seasonals so you can see new stuff all year long. Also, there are various events you can participate, and you can have your boutique online for other plaers to buy your outfits and give you money in the game.
Both sound a lot like Style Boutique (I really loved that game but I wish I could do more with the NPCs, I don't know about the 3DS version though), so I guess I already own a game like that. Otherwise I'd buy one. :p

Style Boutique in Style Savvy's name in Europe :p

Back