Sword Art Online

• Thread starter Demon_skeith
  • Start date
Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith

Hiding in yo PC looking at yer files!
Towns Folk

Not sure if anyone here has watch .hack but this is a better series that is based on the same concept. Players have been trapped in a MMO game and if they die, they die in the real world as well. The series follows a black cloaked player who tries to clear the game so he can escape the game before he is killed or his body gives out in the real world.

Reactions: Marc
This is a great anime. I think I'll watch it again just because English dub episodes are coming out.

It's currently airing on toonami, I'm actually watching it right now.

Anyone know why it wasn't being continued, this anime only reached 25 or 26 episodes (I think) but the last episode looked like it was supposed to be continued. :confused: Hope they continue it.

read on ANN today that some recap OVA with extra footage is suppose to be released soon as well as a good looking game on the vita.

Haven't herd on a second season though.

Haven't herd on a second season though.

Oh no !! But it ended really suspicious like the storyline had to continue.

there is more source content to make a anime from, so I do find it odd they haven't done this already.

I think they should leave it as it is. If they reveal something like the Fairy People again, I'm going to let my virtual Internet avatar (Pumpkin-head Link) jump off a cliff, :dead:

Reactions: Reece
I think they should leave it as it is. If they reveal something like the Fairy People again, I'm going to let my virtual Internet avatar (Pumpkin-head Link) jump off a cliff, :dead:

The fairy people was the most lamest thing I ever saw in SAO, I really hope they start it back but in another world . I read that it was suppose to be continued in a world named Gungale (I think) where they used weapons and explosives that they used.

I watched half of SAO but then it got a little weird so I decided to take a break from it for a while. 'x)

I watched half of SAO but then it got a little weird so I decided to take a break from it for a while. 'x)
It's the fairy stuff, isn't it?

I got bored with this anime for some reason I don't know...
I liked a lot the anime idea, but for some reason, I just got bored and don't know why...

Yep... I mean, at first it was all swords, shields and dragons. And now everyone is a fairy. I'm sure the story was great but that's just a little too much for me. 'x)

I was about to stop watching to because of the Fairy stuff also, but I read they were to continue it.. I guess not .

The fairy thing ruined the series seriously. The first 14 episodes were the best of the series. They were focusing on completing the SAO game and Kirito's romance with Asuna. Now 15-25 is focused on saving Asuna from a guy who wants to marry her and that man keeps Asuna in a cage while Kirito is in search for that cage in that fairy game thing. The idea seems good but the episodes were awfully made.

Reactions: Marc
The fairy thing ruined the series seriously. The first 14 episodes were the best of the series. They were focusing on completing the SAO game and Kirito's romance with Asuna. Now 15-25 is focused on saving Asuna from a guy who wants to marry her and that man keeps Asuna in a cage while Kirito is in search for that cage in that fairy game thing. The idea seems good but the episodes were awfully made.

SAO is an original story anime or it's based on a manga?

SAO is an original story anime or it's based on a manga?
I think Sword Art Online is based on a manga, not sure though :bag:.

I have this weird feeling that it is going to resume, (I don't know why)
Sword Art Online
The first virtual game world, as well as the setting of the first arc of the story, known as SAO for short. The world takes the form of a giant floating castle called Aincrad, with 100 floors in it. Each floor has a medieval-themed setting and a dungeon with a boss, which has to be defeated before players can advance to the next higher floor. Like most RPGs, it implements a level-based system. However, the game is altered in a manner in which players are unable to log out, and if players die in-game, their real life body dies too.

Alfheim Online

The setting for the second arc of the story, known as ALO for short. All players in the game have wings and are capable of flight. It is a large world, divided into separate 'homelands' for each of its fairy races. In Alfheim's center is a very large tree called the World Tree, and the goal of the game is to reach the top. It implements a skill-based system with players increasing their stats by developing both their combat and non-combat skills. Aincrad, the castle of the first game, is later accessible to ALO players as well.

Gun Gale Online
The setting for the third arc of the story, known as GGO for short. It is a virtual game world with a main focus on guns, although melee weapons like lightsabers and knives also exist. From all the games it is the most competitive one as the money earned there can be exchanged for currency used in the real world, drawing high-tier professional players to make a living from it.

UnderWorld
The setting for the fourth arc of the story. According to Kirito, it is graphically the most realistic of all VRMMOs to date. The flow of time in UW is variable and can be much faster relative to the real world's. Even so, it seems that even Kirito was misled as to the actual rate of UW's time flow, so it is still unknown. However, in the as of yet canon "There is but one ultimate way" side story, the rate is said to be safely up to 1,000 times faster than that of the real world, just like Accel World's Brain Burst.
So far all the worlds we have experienced were Alfhiem Online and Sword Art Online :(

Back