RMT / Team Help Team building advice?

• Thread starter ThatLoyalGamer
  • Start date
ThatLoyalGamer

ThatLoyalGamer

The Heropon who Survived The End
Towns Folk
I'm just beginning to hop into the competitive scope of Pokémon. I want to ask your opinion on my current OU smogon team:
Charizard @Charizardite X
Brave
EVS: 252 ATK 4 HP 252 SPE
Dragon dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Flare Blitz

Shedinja @focus sash
Quirky
EVS: 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 SPD
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Dig
Shadow Claw

Swellow @Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Sassy
EVS: 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 HP
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Facade
Roost

Snorlax @Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 126 ATK 126 DEF
Rest
Stockpile
Belly Drum
Crunch

Milotic @Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 252 SPD 4 DEF
Ice Beam
Toxic
Scald
Recover

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 252 Sp.ATK 4 DEF
Tri Attack
Thunder
Ice Beam
Trick Room (looking to replace)

Give me tips on moves and if I should change out any moves. I'm considering replacing Porygon with a Raichu holding an expert belt with:
Thunder
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot
Slam

Last edited:
Bump.

First off, get the natures on those first few Pokemon fixed. Charizard should be adamant, shedinja should be adamant, Swellow should be jolly, snorlax should be adamant.

First off, get the natures on those first few Pokemon fixed. Charizard should be adamant, shedinja should be adamant, Swellow should be jolly, snorlax should be adamant.
Anything else?

Instead of power up punch, I'd run Crunch, on snorlax. He gets walled out easily by ghosts with that build, plus power up punch is redundant with belly drum.

Instead of power up punch, I'd run Crunch, on snorlax. He gets walled out easily by ghosts with that build, plus power up punch is redundant with belly drum.
Yup. I literally just fixed that. Also Snorlax has a different nature, one that increases sp.d and reduces Spe. Useful for trick room, but milotic is a special wall... also considering running restochesto​

Restochesto is a good set, Verlisify has some good guides for these Pokemon.

Restochesto is a good set, Verlisify has some good guides for these Pokemon.
I actually took some ideas from him. Like the milotic.

Shedinja just seems like a waste in a slot imo because the item doesn't protect from status or weather so it can still be taken out in one turn. Focus Band seems unfitting on Snorlax if you want it to be a defensive Poke I doubt it would be KO'd by one move unless you were unable to switch and really messed up and in that case you'd still get walled by ghost types. Porygon-Z can hold a Life Orb or something because you won't get a lot of mileage on Silk Scarf. Other than that what you have is pretty standard.

Reactions: Vernal
Shedinja just seems like a waste in a slot imo because the item doesn't protect from status or weather so it can still be taken out in one turn. Focus Band seems unfitting on Snorlax if you want it to be a defensive Poke I doubt it would be KO'd by one move unless you were unable to switch and really messed up and in that case you'd still get walled by ghost types. Porygon-Z can hold a Life Orb or something because you won't get a lot of mileage on Silk Scarf. Other than that what you have is pretty standard.
Snorlax now has chesto and crunch. However I'm considering running a multiscale Dragonite with Extreme Speed and d-Dance. Would like an item suggestion.

Snorlax now has chesto and crunch. However I'm considering running a multiscale Dragonite with Extreme Speed and d-Dance. Would like an item suggestion.
Weakness Policy

Reactions: Vernal
Weakness Policy
Already have one :3 I'll put it on it when I evolve it. Other two move recommendations?

Already have one :3 I'll put it on it when I evolve it. Other two move recommendations?
Fire Punch... Not sure about the last one

What about Dragon Pulse?

What about Dragon Pulse?
That wouldn't work if he already has Dragon Dance which would make it a Physucal attacker and Dragonite's base attack is higher anyway

That wouldn't work if he already has Dragon Dance which would make it a Physucal attacker and Dragonite's base attack is higher anyway
oops forgot about that. What about outrage?

oops forgot about that. What about outrage?
It's a common choice with good damage output however it can give Fairy types an advantage of getting an extra turn. I see Outrage on a lot of Dragonites however I think it would prevent it's ability to sweep (which is a small risk) and if he did decide to use Outrage I would recommend him to add Roost as well just because your Pokémon tend to last a lot longer when they can heal themselves. Especially if they can take hits.

It's a common choice with good damage output however it can give Fairy types an advantage of getting an extra turn. I see Outrage on a lot of Dragonites however I think it would prevent it's ability to sweep (which is a small risk) and if he did decide to use Outrage I would recommend him to add Roost as well just because your Pokémon tend to last a lot longer when they can heal themselves. Especially if they can take hits.
That reminds me, I have a reuniclus tank that holds leftovers and knows recover, lol

That reminds me, I have a reuniclus tank that holds leftovers and knows recfover, lol
Well it's defense is decent (even better when it has stat boosting moves) but it's really slow and Gothorita is pretty defensive too however I do enjoy Reuniclus' ability Magic Guard so I can see where he can be a problem if used right but imo Life Orb would work better and Leftovers is best left to Pokémon that were made for Leftovers and not ones that can avoid indirect damage sometimes.

well, what do you think about a contrary serperior with leaf storm, lol

Back