RMT / Team Help Team building advice?

• Thread starter ThatLoyalGamer
  • Start date
I'm just beginning to hop into the competitive scope of Pokémon. I want to ask your opinion on my current OU smogon team:

Charizard @Charizardite X
Adamant
EVS: 252 ATK 4 HP 252 SPE
Dragon dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Flare Blitz

Shedinja @focus sash
Quirky
EVS: 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 SPD
X-Scissor
Metal Claw
Dig
Shadow Claw

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Swellow @Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Adamant
EVS: 252 ATK 252 SPE 4 HP
Brave Bird
Steel Wing
Facade
Roost

Snorlax @Chesto Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 126 ATK 126 DEF
Rest
Stockpile
Belly Drum
Crunch

Milotic @Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 252 SPD 4 DEF
Ice Beam
Toxic
Scald
Recover

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Modest
EVS: 252 HP 252 Sp.ATK 4 DEF
Tri Attack
Thunder
Ice Beam
Trick Room (looking to replace)

Give me tips on moves and if I should change out any moves. I'm considering replacing Porygon with a Raichu holding an expert belt with:
Thunder
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot
Slam

?

It's a common choice with good damage output however it can give Fairy types an advantage of getting an extra turn. I see Outrage on a lot of Dragonites however I think it would prevent it's ability to sweep (which is a small risk) and if he did decide to use Outrage I would recommend him to add Roost as well just because your Pokémon tend to last a lot longer when they can heal themselves. Especially if they can take hits.
Dragon Claw... maybe. Idk. I run outrage on charizard so I may go for extra coverage or something as apposed to multiple outrages. Maybe hurricane?

Dragon Claw... maybe. Idk. I run outrage on charizard so I may go for extra coverage or something as apposed to multiple outrages. Maybe hurricane?
Never Hurricane. Dragon Claw is Fine.

Never Hurricane. Dragon Claw is Fine.
Hurricane has STAB and I had bad luck with my 6 IV nature so I have boosted Sp.A... my ATK isn't lowered tho so I may be able to get away with it...

Hurricane has STAB and I had bad luck with my 6 IV nature so I have boosted Sp.A... my ATK isn't lowered tho so I may be able to get away with it...
On second thought, looking at base stats yeah. Dragon claw or Dragon Rush.

well, what do you think about a contrary serperior with leaf storm, lol
That noob strategy? Good luck even trying to set it up with threats like Talonflame, Staraptor, and any Pokemon in general able to wall a grass type move giving them a free turn to do what they want. It doesn't really get you far.
On second thought, looking at base stats yeah. Dragon claw or Dragon Rush.
Neither. Use Outrage for maximum damage and accuracy. it sweeps with stat boosts on nearly everything but fairies. YOU want to make good use out of Weakness Policy don't you?

That noob strategy? Good luck even trying to set it up with threats like Talonflame, Staraptor, and any Pokemon in general able to wall a grass type move giving them a free turn to do what they want. It doesn't really get you far.

Neither. Use Outrage for maximum damage and accuracy. it sweeps with stat boosts on nearly everything but fairies. YOU want to make good use out of Weakness Policy don't you?
Yeah... I just dislike running outrage on two pokés. It feels... wrong.

Back