The Blue Method (Pokemon X/Y New Shiny Method)

• Thread starter BjFauble
  • Start date
This is a pretty cool method, I'm going to try it when I get the chance. Thanks for sharing.

Did 30 tries with about 2000 steps and got nothing (May just be unlucky). I racked up 4000 steps, so I'm gonna give it another go.

i tried 53 encounters in a friend safari with 1400 steps ( i'm lazy :p ) and only got 1 shiny at the 23rd. Next time i'll try it with breeding.

I would do this. I really would.... But there's one problem.

I'm too lazy to go on a walk.

^This might be considered an exploit or cheat (but it's like the coin trick for Pokémon X/Y), but you could just put your 3DS on sleepmode and shake it gently over and over again until you rack enough steps. That's what I do 99% of the time to get treats/rewards in Nintendogs, and also affects the pedometer.

Anyways, I'll try this tomorrow maybe.

Thanks for the method! I got 2000 steps in one day. This will be easy :p

i honestly believe this is true. i hardly ever got shinnies but i found found in x/y i have gotten allot. everyday when i come home from school i rack up about 8000 steps or more which proves this method to me in why im actually getting shinnies for once in my life. i have never got one before except from white 2 which i got on my birthday since you get a increased chance on your birthday but other then that nothing so the blue method i believe is true comparing it with my results. i came home just to capture a caterpie for the pokedex and ended up finding a shiny pikachu O-O first encounter. from never getting shinnies i now have about 6-8 from x/y.

Reactions: BjFauble
I got 4098 steps! :cat:

Got 4000 steps, did about 50 encounters and got naught. I must be really unlucky, compared to you lot and the guys on reddit ._.

I'll try again in a bit. I rack up a lot if I stick it in my bag and go school
i honestly believe this is true. i hardly ever got shinnies but i found found in x/y i have gotten allot. everyday when i come home from school i rack up about 8000 steps or more which proves this method to me in why im actually getting shinnies for once in my life. i have never got one before except from white 2 which i got on my birthday since you get a increased chance on your birthday but other then that nothing so the blue method i believe is true comparing it with my results. i came home just to capture a caterpie for the pokedex and ended up finding a shiny pikachu O-O first encounter. from never getting shinnies i now have about 6-8 from x/y.
Not like I'm trying to disprove this method, as it's really cool n' all, but the chances of getting a Shiny in X/Y are a helluva lot higher, so it may just be down to the increased chances of getting one now. But, I still believe it myself, so hey.

Reactions: Eevee
Got 4000 steps, did about 50 encounters and got naught. I must be really unlucky, compared to you lot and the guys on reddit ._.

I'll try again in a bit. I rack up a lot if I stick it in my bag and go school

Not like I'm trying to disprove this method, as it's really cool n' all, but the chances of getting a Shiny in X/Y are a helluva lot higher, so it may just be down to the increased chances of getting one now. But, I still believe it myself, so hey.
Yes your right before i new the blue method i always thought of it just as x/y having increased shiny chance so your not wrong.

Does this really work? I mean it seems kinda hard to believe. Also can I combine this with the Masuda Method? Example: Breeding JPN Treecko with my reigon treecko. If I racked liked 15 -20k steps, and then recieved one of the Masuda eggs, would it be a shiny?

Does this really work? I mean it seems kinda hard to believe. Also can I combine this with the Masuda Method? Example: Breeding JPN Treecko with my reigon treecko. If I racked liked 15 -20k steps, and then recieved one of the Masuda eggs, would it be a shiny?
It's all unconfirmed but is entirely possible.

Bravo pas mal cool good guide i saved this page on my phone

I like where the blue method has taken us all but does it seem to be what it seems to be?

The name's Z,

Raffy Z

14575 steps and after 30 encounter I got nothing.

Oh wow. I have to try this now! I walk so much. I may as well give it a shot. I hope it does work!

Hmm...part of me thinks that this may just be a joke, but this does sound like something Nintendo would do. Well, I suppose I'll be shaking my ds for the next hour or so.

This would be a pretty nice addition by GameFreak. Nintendo's been promoting an active lifestyle with their new Quality of Life pillar so this would really work out in their overall interests. Not to mention, it helps encourage people to go out and enjoy the world instead of soft resetting or chaining for hours on end just to get a special Pokemon. I'll give the a method a try when I go on my next walk (don't know when that'll be though :D).

Back