The final 3ds game..

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hey guys, P2.0 here coming atcha with... Well, a bit of shocking news. :eek:

As you guys already know, Nintendo Direct happened, and showed off some stellar games for our Switch honey. \o/ But there was also a game for 3ds. And that was Persona Q: 2. ( By the way the box art looks, I'm guessing Joker made a pretty big impact on Smash, lol. :p )

Now that's all well and good, but much to my surprise, I heard that that was going to be the last 3ds game to be made for the system. ;-; Tbh, I'm feeling a bunch of mixed emotions. Like, kinda disappointed that they're not putting more on, and adding new features.
Sad that this means another Nintendo system is nearing its final stretch.
Sorta excited cuz there might be discounts on games I could never get my hands on. x,D ..You get it, right?

But yeah, wow. Like, I'm still using my 2ds for stuff and things, so whoa. How do you guys feel about it? Do you think another handheld will be coming. Maybe a Switch Mini? And if not that, then what??

cant wait for that kirby planet robobot discount now that the 3ds is dead :p

Reactions: P2.0
cant wait for that kirby planet robobot discount now that the 3ds is dead :p
Yeh, boi. x,D

they actually did it lmao
Not bad for 40% off, lol
Ocarina of Time 3D, AC:NL, Luigi's Mansion, DK Country Returns 3D and Rune Factory 4 also got a discount.

The game's out... so that means the 3DS is basically almost dead now.
The final nails on it's coffin would be:
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  • Nintendo Switch Mini/Lite
  • Nintendo 3DS eShop closure
  • Online multiplayer on all 3DS games shut down
The 3DS has had a good life, but it's already almost time to say goodbye...

Wait a minute...
It's not over yet... somehow.
But why are they releasing it physically anyway? What about eShop?
Well, they would release it on eShop too anyway.

I'm pretty sure it's an NA exclusive, though.

Last edited:
I'm perfectly okay with this since I am not using my 3DS as much since I got my Switch and the Switch has a lot of games that are just better versions of 3DS games. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the few unique ones that comes to mind and other than that I'm fine playing the other unique ones that don't have online. RIP 3DS.

The most recent 3DS Game I bought was WarioWare Gold! It's pretty fun, aside from the microgames from the previous WarioWare games the game also had some great voice acting (First time I've heard Wario in full length dialogue) plus the bonus stuff they had was pretty fun too!

So, the Switch Lite is a thing now. It's been 8 years but I could see Nintendo slowly phasing out the 3DS to encourage people to upgrade tbh.

• Online multiplayer on all 3DS games shut down
That won't be for a long time, don't worry. The Switch's successor would have to be released first :p

That won't be for a long time, don't worry. The Switch's successor would have to be released first :p
Yeah I know.
I'm still kinda surprised people still play MK7 online, but I barely see anyone on Triforce Heroes

Reactions: Hibiki_Kuze
Yeah I know.
I'm still kinda surprised people still play MK7 online, but I barely see anyone on Triforce Heroes
Gotta be that sweet free online service.

Well, the switch mini did come as a part of the Switch Lite. This is probably one of the reasons that the 3DS is nearing the end of the line, and also, its pretty old by now. 8 years is, I think, a reasonable lifespan for a handheld like this. Gonna miss you, 3DS. At least emulators exist

Well, the switch mini did come as a part of the Switch Lite. This is probably one of the reasons that the 3DS is nearing the end of the line, and also, its pretty old by now. 8 years is, I think, a reasonable lifespan for a handheld like this. Gonna miss you, 3DS. At least emulators exist
Somewhere I heard it's not replacing the 3DS.

Reactions: EnderLord
Somewhere I heard it's not replacing the 3DS.
That might be true, but its still relatively old.

Nintendo needs to stop saying that the 3DS isn't dead yet

Can we homebrew it now? I want to run Hatsune Miku Project Diva for the PSP on it...

I LITERALLY DON'T CARE IF IT'S JAPANESE ONLY

I always thought that I would never stop using my 3DS when I was younger, but here we are. I haven’t seen the thing in at least 6 months or so, mainly because it just isn’t interesting anymore.

You can kinda tell that the quality of the last 3DS games that were released were... not so good. WarioWare Gold looks like it was slapped together in less than a month, and Luigi’s Mansion was literally just a port with nothing new except multiplayer.

Nintendo’s just shifting all of it’s focus to the Switch now, which is sad, but makes sense. After all, that’s their new moneymaker now.

Back