The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past wins best handheld game at GDC

• Thread starter TAG
  • Start date
Hmmm ... I haven't played Shin Megami Tensei IV, and I didn't care for Project X Zone. I can see an argument for Dream Team and New Leaf though. Both are great games!

Fyi, I bet you totally end up reviewing Farming simulator 14. :rotfl:

No thanks... I won't ask for that one...
Those type of games are the work of @Spinnerweb

Hmmm ... I haven't played Shin Megami Tensei IV, and I didn't care for Project X Zone. I can see an argument for Dream Team and New Leaf though. Both are great games!

Fyi, I bet you totally end up reviewing Farming simulator 14. :rotfl:
Same, amazing games. To be honest, I don't even know how the person who judges (assuming there is a judge) these competitions does it, in the decision of choosing New Leaf/Dream Team/A Link Between Worlds for the best handheld game is tough. Anyways, as I've said before this is well deserved, and I'm positive that the new Zelda game for the 3DS would break records and win titles as well!

No thanks... I won't ask for that one...
Those type of games are the work of @Spinnerweb
Pfft. Just because I reviewed a couple of pet simulators doesn't make it my type of game. And I ought to remind you that I absolutely BRUTALIZED the last pet sim I reviewed. :p

Same, amazing games. To be honest, I don't even know how the person who judges (assuming there is a judge) these competitions does it, in the decision of choosing New Leaf/Dream Team/A Link Between Worlds for the best handheld game is tough. Anyways, as I've said before this is well deserved, and I'm positive that the new Zelda game for the 3DS would break records and win titles as well!

The Wii U one? Yes, that one will be awesome!
I don't think the same about Hyrule Warriors :p

Pfft. Just because I reviewed a couple of pet simulators doesn't make it my type of game. And I ought to remind you that I absolutely BRUTALIZED the last pet sim I reviewed. :p
I don't remember... Link please!

The Wii U one? Yes, that one will be awesome!
I don't think the same about Hyrule Warriors :p
Even though, a lot of people is pretty much comparing it to Dynasty Warriors, I'm still interested in it, the game looks great, and if more footage is shown, I think I'd fall in love with it more, never played a Dynasty Warriors game, so if I get a Wii U, I'll buy it.

Even though, a lot of people is pretty much comparing it to Dynasty Warriors, I'm still interested in it, the game looks great, and if more footage is shown, I think I'd fall in love with it more, never played a Dynasty Warriors game, so if I get a Wii U, I'll buy it.

IT'S a Dynasty Warrior game, it's a crossover.
So if people is comparing this game with the series, is dumb.

IT'S a Dynasty Warrior game, it's a crossover.
So if people is comparing this game with the series, is dumb.
Yeah, I know, but still, I'm interested in it.. Using different weapons from the Zelda series (Flame Rod and the charged Spin), looks cool. I guess we'll have to wait for my info at E3.

Yeah, I know, but still, I'm interested in it.. Using different weapons from the Zelda series (Flame Rod and the charged Spin), looks cool. I guess we'll have to wait for my info at E3.

I would pay $40 dollars for that game honestly. The series is a lot of the same and it's repetitive as hell. Still a lot of fun.

I would pay $40 dollars for that game honestly. The series is a lot of the same and it's repetitive as hell. Still a lot of fun.
Oh? Well who knows, the last time when we saw footage of it, it was in development, I think at E3 we'll see a ton of improvements with it. Judging on that trailer they've shown, I'd pay $40 for it as well. :oops:

Those aren't harsh at all. You should visit NintendoLife sometimes.
I know, they really know how to bash a game - but really, if developers and publishers put trash on the eShop they should expect a thrashing :p

My concern is the standards some reviewers apply. Some seem to hold tiny indie companies, working out of a garage, on shoestring budgets, to the same standards of large studios with 10's of millions to spend. I think they get the short end of the stick sometimes.

I'm not surprised that it won the reward it's an awesome game a lot of people probably saw that coming, I thought either that or pkmn x was going to win it

I don't doubt its quality, but I've heard a lot about it being a relatively short game. I am interested in the game, although I think I'll hold off until an announcement of a new 3D game (if it ever comes).

I don't doubt its quality, but I've heard a lot about it being a relatively short game. I am interested in the game, although I think I'll hold off until an announcement of a new 3D game (if it ever comes).

Is 20 hours short for a handheld Zelda game? Especially one that you'll want to replay at least once, if not more! Don't hold out if your on the fence - you'll be missing out on a fantastic game!

Is 20 hours short for a handheld Zelda game? Especially one that you'll want to replay at least once, if not more! Don't hold out if your on the fence - you'll be missing out on a fantastic game!

It's not only that, but I'm not much of a fan of the 2D games. I find them harder to get into and just don't really fit my bill. If the game is on a good discount though, I'll be sure to pick it up.

It's not only that, but I'm not much of a fan of the 2D games. I find them harder to get into and just don't really fit my bill. If the game is on a good discount though, I'll be sure to pick it up.
You should! I saw a few Let's Play on this game (A Link to the Past) and it looked really good, I thoroughly enjoyed- A Link Between Worlds (that's another game I highly suggest you consider), but since you aren't a fan of the 2D games, it probably won't fancy you.

The CD-i Zelda games are far from great, but they don't deserve the rep the have.
I would still love to try the CD-i games though, then I can at least say I played them. They might be fun for me, but I would never know until I try them.

Reactions: TAG
I think that a Link Between Worlds is extremely deserving of this award, even if it was a bit lacking in total amount of content or relative ease of it compared to other Zelda games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back