The Paper Mario games.

• Thread starter HuggableEevee
  • Start date
Lol, Nintendo is really slacking nowadays!
I agree, some of the games that can boost sales aren't even being released and those that have great previous titles, some games are looking good that are to-be released so I think they are trying the best but still a lot of improvement can be done :)

The Paper Mario series is awesome!!! I hope they make a really good one like The Thousand Year Door. That was my favourite Mario RPG and always will be. Please Nintendo please!

The Paper Mario series is awesome!!! I hope they make a really good one like The Thousand Year Door. That was my favourite Mario RPG and always will be. Please Nintendo please!
Paper Mario Sticker Star wasn't that good to be honest from what I'm seeing and have heard. TTYD was definitely an epic one though.

Paper Mario games are fun but yes , I have to agree with @naagza that Paper Mario Sticker Star isn't a really good game , some people say that the game sucks.

Paper Mario games are fun but yes , I have to agree with @naagza that Paper Mario Sticker Star isn't a really good game , some people say that the game sucks.
Yeah, apparently the final boss wasn't that original and not that good. I saw the final boss battle for myself and I have to say I agree. The Dream Team final boss is epic and what the Sticker Star final boss should have been like

Yeah, apparently the final boss wasn't that original and not that good. I saw the final boss battle for myself and I have to say I agree. The Dream Team final boss is epic and what the Sticker Star final boss should have been like
:eek: I heard a lot of bad reviews about the Sticker Star (Paper Mario) game, I sure wish that hey had done a better job because the Paper Mario franchise, I think ,is really good.

:eek: I heard a lot of bad reviews about the Sticker Star (Paper Mario) game, I sure wish that hey had done a better job because the Paper Mario franchise, I think ,is really good.
Yeah, Paper Mario franchise is really good in general. But I guess some games like TTYD are too good that you just can't make a game better than them :p

Super Paper Mario is my favorite. I know, unpopular opinions.

The only other one I've beaten was Sticker Star though I have played TTYD and disliked it.

I always watched tv commercials for the paper mario game on the n64 and I thought it would be amazing! Then, luckily I got a gamecube and got to paly paper mario and the thousand year door, I just loved the game, the dialogues it was so funny!! I am currently playing the paper mario game on the wii and looking forward to play sticker star too. I think they are terrific games!

TTYD is probably somewhere on my favorite games of all time list. I'd ranked the series in this order.

1. TTYD
2. Paper Mario
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Trash
5. Sticker Star

But in all seriousness, Sticker Star is awful. I bought it for full price when it came out and the gamestop employee asked me if I
wanted to try the download option where I get a code to download the game instead. Thinking "it's Paper Mario, it's got to be good!" I went ahead and tried it. Easily one of the worst gaming decisions of my life.

While it's not a bad game it was just horrible compared to the rest of the series. Battle is practically pointless as you gain no experience or rewards from it. Boss fights are extremely gimmicky as you need one specific "Things" or whatever they were called in order to beat it. If you don't have it, you have to go all the way back to find it(with little to no hints on what to look for) and then you can defeat it. That's just completely gimmicky and tedious.

I would love to sale this disappointment back but now I can't. It's forever stuck on my 3DS menu.

What are you guys' thoughts on them? Personally I enjoy the games. Even though I've never played Sticker Star yet.
All 3 Paper Mario games are great, but Sticker star not so much, reason? well you have limited attacks with stickers and the only way to beat bosses easy is to use stickers that made the weak, like the 2nd boss which is the giant pokey, you have to use the baseball bat since it does huge damage to the boss and yet they capped the HP to 50 again since the first Paper Mario's max health is 50. at least were getting a cross-over of Mario and Luigi RPG with Paper Mario and at least is turn based, a better turn based than sticker star. but sticker is ok game but not too good since it is Paper Mario's first portable game on the handheld and now hes getting another one as a cross-over, so that's good i guest.

Oh my gosh I love Paper Mario games they are just so cool. I wish I could play with my friends though, that would be so fun. My favorite Paper Mario game is Paper Mario Sticker Star. Paper Mario: Sticker Star features a visual style similar to its predecessor, in which the characters appear as paper cutouts in a 3-Dimensional papercraft Mushroom Kingdom, with landscapes ranging from snowy areas and forests to volcanoes.

After playing Sticker Star more, I can say that the criticism towards it is largely unjustified. The series is trying to evolve and find it's place beyond standard RPGs, and while Sticker Star failed in many ways, it did leave the groundwork set for Color Splash to further work on it. It's a fun, pick up and play Metroidvania-like game, and the series seems to be moving in the metroidvania direction with heavy emphasis on manipulation of the environment.

They only need to refine the gameplay and add a better written plot with more developed characters

Back