The Wii U is worth it

• Thread starter patbacknitro
  • Start date
A lot of people are no longer fond of Nintendo games unfortunately, they all want to play COD, GTA, and all games like that I too enjoy those games however I definitely prefer Nintendo, like you said they release great finished games that rent finished and require DLC's and when Nintendo release there mario games they are excellent. However I must say in terms of specs the ps4 and xbox one are better that the WII U but the games are not as good as the wii u games

yeah, but in all reality nintendo is actually improving. everyone says nintendo is for kids, but nintendo has made alot of adult games. look at bayonetta 1 and 2 for example. so unlike sony and microsoft who target thier games for adults. nintendo makes thier games for everyone.and everyone can admit the wiiu is starting to climb back up. and is only 2 million units behind sony. so if nintendo can sell over 2 million units after chistmas and blackfriday, the wiiu will be ahead of the ps4 in the consle wars. and sorry but xbox one will never catch up to the wiiu.

very worth it

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Wii U sales will pick up enough to really make up for lost ground but I'm confident of at least 20m provided Nintendo do what they should have done in the first place and market it, and the people will finally know what a great console Wii U is. I think Nintendo has so much variety and quality games, cheap enough hardware... just a shame the marketing has not been up to par.

Also, PS4 and Xbox One have apparently passed Wii U in terms of sales so far now (PS4 definitely, Xbox One is where I'm pretty sure it has) but at least Wii U can recover some decent sales and be remembered as the underdog. :p

Well definitely. the hardware is way better then the ps3 and the xbox360. so the hardware really isn't that bad. plus the games are pretty good in their own right. especially Mario kart 8, which has been named game of the year by tons of critiques. so obviously its a great system, definitely the cheapest option and really worth it. and some say that the wiiu is a kiddie console, just because they don't have blood and gore games. but is that really all a game needs. what ever happened to good old fashioned fun. where you can play with your friends, even competitively, without the need for blowing their brains out, or ripping off their heads. so the wiiu isn't a kiddie console, its just family oriented.

I want the wii u but it's just too expensive for me. The console is cheaper compared to others but the games are too expensive for me. Unlike Sony and microsoft, nintendo barely lowers prices on their games. When I had a playstation before, I would just wait a few months to get a game and the price would drop down to like 25$. In nintendo, even new super mario bros u which has been out for a while is still 55$ on Amazon. The games on the wii u are better then some other consoles but I don't like how nintendo never lowers the prices and its too expensive. It's acceptable on the 3ds since the max price is usually 30 or 40 only but I can't shell out 60$ for a single game

well ya nintendo may not lower the prices on thier games much. but for 1 ya it is the cheepest of the 3 options. 2. try gamestop, they got tons of used wiiu games for like 20-30 bucks. pretty good deal. 3. in the eshop they do give alot of deals on some of their games, you just gotta be patient. 4. they got tons of gba, snes, and nes games that you could buy, so that's pretty good. and 5. the new super mario bros u is actually 30 bucks used at gamestop. which is a pretty good deal for a game that keeps you playing for a while. out of all the nsmb games i recomend this one. And if 30 bucks is what you can shell out then just try finding them used. i mean sure thier used but hey thier prices are lowered and i doubt thier to damaged to play.

The Wii U would've been WAYY more popular if Nintendo advertised it better back in 2012, Nintendo made it sound like a game pad for the Wii, but with Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart people are starting to notice it :D

yeah i know. you cant turn back time, not counting majoras mask. but you can fix it by makeing it better. now its greatly advertized. has a great collection of eclusive games. and it just keeps on going. the wiiu is not out of the race yet

They need to announce more games for 2015, all their heavy hitters came out this year and I don't see them having much for next year so far.

They need to announce more new games?!? Nintendo has one of the strongest lineups I've seen any company have for their platforms in a long time this year.

exactly. the wiiu started out bad, but now its back on its way up

I have grown tired of people talking about this thing that nintendo should do another kind of thing, or even giving up in the entertainment industry. To me the wii u system is the best game console at the moment (including 2014). It offers amazing high definition graphics, the gameplay using the gamepad is something extraordinary, the line up of games is another strong point in this system and the coming line up too. Anyway I think it is kind of absurd disscuss which console is better because all of them have something that makes it different from the rest. I am a die hard nintendo fan but I enjoy some other games too on other consoles.

Reactions: Mikaya
It is great.... I own one, love the games and the gamepad idea the price is also less the xbox one etc the only probblem is with the game pad even when im near the tv it says connection error i cant get trough one ssb battle without 5 errors overall its great hope this helped

see, everyone knows by now the wiiu is the cheapest option. and the hardware is better then the ps3 and xbox360. thats something amazing. and the games are extremly great and creative. and look at the upcoming games like star fox wiiu and zelda wiiu, thiers no reason you shouldent buy it

It might be awesome but you have to remember that its nintendo
So you shouldnt exspect games like Doom 4 and Mortal Kombat X :(
I kinda have the hope they get MK back tho

Yes I believe that the that the Wii U is totally underrated and it deserves better . At its release it didn't do so well but as of now in this period , the Wii U is slowly and steadily rising up , but soon it will become drastically increasing its sales because of the better content as well as the exclusives that even I would say are better than the 3ds like MarioKart 8 and Hyrule Warriors and yet newer games are coming soon so there is no more worry of the Wii U being underrated in the future !

I don't own one as of now but I want one I am fan-girl of Nintendo me and my brother started on our mothers hand me down systems, nes, snes and n64 We both hit the gameboy and gba era together and loved it, When the ds era came my brother branched off to Sony and X-box testing there waters while I went on to a Gamecube and then later down the line managed to buy with my own money a Wii loved the games awesome take on motion games walk it out etc, My brother stayed with X-box and went with a 360 my Wii was broken so I went to a 3ds... The path to Nintendo is way better we don't have to worry about hacks or red ring of death or even overheating systems .. Nintendo cares for us!! Wii U at this moment looks wicked.. yea motion and general games are lacking but it will pick up, its price is about the same as the Wii yet way more features, along with the gamepad .. woa that thing has some kick butt power !! People mock so be it, let them, I ignore it Nintendo has always had its bumps but it comes out on top at the end .. from its games, its systems and the support of its fans !! Never give up on Nintendo and they won't give up on us!

I expect a late 2015 release date and then a delay that will push it to early 2016.
I doubt that Nintendo really likes releasing this series around Christmas aka mid November (they are more likely to finish early but wait as it will increase sales...also the latest game they didnt release near Christmas was Phantom Hour glass excluding remakes)

I know when this game does come out ill be getting a WiiU then and ill encourage people to get it too

Back