Tips for developing a good Pokemon team?

• Thread starter MercuryBitt
  • Start date
Make sure that your pokemon can cover all of your weaknesses

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost

Are the ones I like :D Hope you do well.

You see, what I do is I also have a pokemon with the ability harvest along with my charizard y's. For example, a trevanaunt with a sitrus berry. Because harvest is a 100% chance to get your berry back in the sun. Add that with leech seed and horn leech and that thing is never dying. :)

You see, what I do is I also have a pokemon with the ability harvest along with my charizard y's. For example, a trevanaunt with a sitrus berry. Because harvest is a 100% chance to get your berry back in the sun. Add that with leech seed and horn leech and that thing is never dying. :)
Unless you get hit by a fire move that doubles in power while sun is active. Otherwise, that's a pretty good strategy.

well you have to remember its not all about the pokemon, i would say the most important thing is the move sets and thats where you probably need to work on, you can look at smogon and pokemon showdown to help finalize your team
Well, the moves are overly important, but don't forget about the abilities. I consider abilities the most important. Shedinja with Weather Goggles is almost unstoppable when backed by Primordial Sea and a Wide Guard. The weather goggles stop any powder and weather-related effects (poison powder, sandstorm, etc.) and stops Spore dead in its tracks. Access to some other options, like Shadow Sneak and X-Scissor make it formidable. Try this setup:

Shedinja @ Weather Goggles
Whatever ev/iv setup you want
Ability is Wonder Guard (obviously)
MOVESET (the first 2 are almost vital)
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw (or Shadow Sneak, your preference)
- Will O Wisp (I think it can learn it)
- Protect (to back it up against stuff like Blaziken and allow the Kyogre with weather support to take out the Blaziken)

Make sure that your pokemon can cover all of your weaknesses
thats almost impossible xD, you ought to have one pr two weakneses. You have to focus on the pokemon you have, the stats, ivs, evs, moveset, nature, ability, and items.
Unless you get hit by a fire move that doubles in power while sun is active. Otherwise, that's a pretty good strategy.
I like charizard y more than x :p, its faster, SpA oriented, and boosts fire type moves. Id honestly go with y instead of x :D

I like charizard y more than x :p, its faster, SpA oriented, and boosts fire type moves. Id honestly go with y instead of x :D
Xzard and Yzard have the same base speed, however X can utilize Dragon Dance better, and will survive a Dragon Pulse from Y (If it is even carrying that move), then dish out a KO with a +1 Flare Blitz under the sun. Plus, most Yzards don't carry Dragon Pulse.

Xzard and Yzard have the same base speed, however X can utilize Dragon Dance better, and will survive a Dragon Pulse from Y (If it is even carrying that move), then dish out a KO with a +1 Flare Blitz under the sun. Plus, most Yzards don't carry Dragon Pulse.
My Yzard carries Dragon Pulse. But, that was on my old team.

My Yzard carries Dragon Pulse. But, that was on my old team.
Xzard can still tank it, then dish out a KO

Use a Mega and make sure it fits with your team. Carefully plan out each of your Pokémon's moves so you can prepare for common sets or suit how you like to play the game to either give you options offensively or defensively. Be sure you have coverage for status and what to do to react to status if you get it. Can you stall out with burn? Do you have a Pokémon that gets stat boosts from status or are already holding status items? Can you use status to your advantage to stall or Paraflinch? And you may not have to worry if your certain Pokémon have abilities that prevent status or make it better like Marvel Scale or Guts.

Xzard can still tank it, then dish out a KO
True, but Yzard and Xzard weren't meant to battle each other.

Reactions: Vernal
Back