SSB for 3DS Tips for stopping lag in Smash Bros. for 3DS

• Thread starter 3391
  • Start date
Thank for posting this! I will have to keep this in mind the next time I play in online battles, but I have one quick question. Doesn't the lag have to do with the country each player is in? I always thought so, but I very well could be wrong.
Distance and their internet speed do effect it.

Reactions: Kyda
Haha good tips! I only ever play 1v1 For GLORY! so...I also tried doing team smash online, and yes, the lag is ridiculous. I feel like people use that to their advantage, though. Like if someone is in the midst of smashing you, but the LAG BECOMES REAL, you have time to stop doing whatever you were doing before and start shielding...

I've heard turning off any devices that utilize any data on your WiFi connection could speed it up as well, that and playing with your charger plugged in.

Last edited:
I've heared turning off any devices that utilize any data on your WiFi connection could speed it up as well, that and playing with your charger plugged in.
That is on tip 3/4

I never heard of the charging thing though, interesting. I'll see if that helps.

Also these tip help fighters on wii u because wii u also has some problems but sometimes following these steps help you unlag on the wii u and not just the 3ds

I get lag only and commonly in online battles. It Drives Me CRAZY. Thank you for your tips. I will try to put those into use but I don't know how to sacrifice the awesome music or computer internet.

You could always check your PC to stop bandwidth consuming applications, or you could turn it off for a while. Another fix that works for me is unplugging my router and then plugging it back in after a couple seconds.

Thanks for the tip!

I died once because of lag in 1v1 for glory, and my opponent was really nice and jumped off the stage too. Also, I don't recommend playing 4 player for glory, because more players=more lag.

I died once because of lag in 1v1 for glory, and my opponent was really nice and jumped off the stage too. Also, I don't recommend playing 4 player for glory, because more players=more lag.
That's nice of him! I do that too, unless I have one stock left.

Helpful! Don't normally have lag with ssb4 though, and thats a plus :D. At least if I ever go to someones house or something, and their internet is horrendous, I can rely on these tips:D

Reactions: Kyda and 3391
Wow it works thanks for the info dude know I can enjoy smash online with my friends without a problem also I told my friends these tips we have no lag problem anymore

Reactions: Kyda and 3391
Your info that you gave me is interesting. I had experienced lag on online. At first I thought it was because my house had bad wifi but then my friend told me that it always lags when you do online play. Anyway thanks for the tip!

P.S Do u wanna be friend me? Just reply to me yor friend code and i'll post mine.

Your info that you gave me is interesting. I had experienced lag on online. At first I thought it was because my house had bad wifi but then my friend told me that it always lags when you do online play. Anyway thanks for the tip!

P.S Do u wanna be friend me? Just reply to me yor friend code and i'll post mine.
Sorry my list is full >.>

oh, ok sorry for asking

Thanks for the tips and reminders! I'll most likely just make sure I'm only playing on a good connection for those real intense match's cause I can't stand lag... I wish I had a awesome portable hotspot that I could play off of ... One day ...lol

Thanks for the tips and reminders! I'll most likely just make sure I'm only playing on a good connection for those real intense match's cause I can't stand lag... I wish I had a awesome portable hotspot that I could play off of ... One day ...lol

Do you have a smartphone? Because you can tether a smartphone so it acts as a portable hotspot. Doing this can easily allow you to partake in online matches when you're not at home. However, this technique uses a bunch of data, which can be a bad thing if you overuse it. :p

Do you have a smartphone? Because you can tether a smartphone so it acts as a portable hotspot. Doing this can easily allow you to partake in online matches when you're not at home. However, this technique uses a bunch of data, which can be a bad thing if you overuse it. :p

That's why I'm gonna need unlimited data lol but yeah I have a smart phone but I don't have the option to do that right now. I'm just usually somewhere with a good WiFi connection and I play on that... And now I'm worried about glitches and bans for certain games like Pokemon and smash bros and I'm thinking twice bout getting some the games... Any tips on that? Lol

I've got a tip to share! Try playing online in the afternoon or night. In the morning, usually the wifi is not as good. Also, play near your wifi cable. Or hotspot. All of these things are pretty common sense but I hope I helped!

Back