Tomodachi Life Tomodachi Collection is (Probably) Going Westward

• Thread starter dwikrid
  • Start date
dwikrid

dwikrid

Noblesse Oblige
Towns Folk
Siliconera just shared from Wall Street Journal that Ninty is preparing a localization of Tomodachi Collection for West audience.
It's a good and famous game in Japan about life-sim in apartment, with Miis and stuff. I'm interested in this because it offers different life-sim than usual farming sim, but dunno whether the game needs Streetpass feature (because there are Miis).
So what are your thoughts?

It's sold a ton in Japan! Even if it only has a fraction of that success elsewhere, it should still be a hit.

Yeeeees. Seeing the same success went to Animal Crossing in the West (especially US), this title might succeed, too. Hopefully. Looking forward into it.

Tomodachi Life is slated for West release on June 6th 2014! This is for both US and, yes, European 3DS users! Congrats to you who own European 3DS for having life-sim title *since Rune Factory 4 is canceled* :)

Tomodachi Life is slated for West release on June 6th 2014! This is for both US and, yes, European 3DS users! Congrats to you who own European 3DS for having life-sim title *since Rune Factory 4 is canceled* :)

Well, I have tried Tomodachi Collection on the DS, and it was really good, and fun to play! That's a good thing that this game is coming to the West! Maybe it will also have some Wi-Fi features (or Miiverse features) to add some extra fun to the game ! In my opinion, this game is better than The Sims !

whoa theres a big difference between
Tomodachi
and

Tomodachi series :p

lol i found out the hard way :p
haha it
gave me a shock as i clicked images :p and then i was like wtf and :eek::rolleyes::sneaky:
haha it did look quite good the game :p

whoa theres a big difference between
Tomodachi
and

Tomodachi series :p

lol i found out the hard way :p
haha it
gave me a shock as i clicked images :p and then i was like wtf and :eek::rolleyes::sneaky:
haha it did look quite good the game :p

Sure, Tomodachi (alone) means 'Friend' in Japanese, while Tomodachi collection is, as you may expect, 'Friend Collection'.
Also, if it's gonna be your first time, don't be shocked if the Miis call you by your name (To be confirmed, but it's a feature in the DS opus).
By looking at the Nintendo website they made for the game, it seems that the game also integrates Miiverse as well as Nintendo Network features. Screenshots, maybe ?

Sure, Tomodachi (alone) means 'Friend' in Japanese, while Tomodachi collection is, as you may expect, 'Friend Collection'.
Also, if it's gonna be your first time, don't be shocked if the Miis call you by your name (To be confirmed, but it's a feature in the DS opus).
By looking at the Nintendo website they made for the game, it seems that the game also integrates Miiverse as well as Nintendo Network features. Screenshots, maybe ?
really ?! then its probably very good :p i love games like this one which interacts with you and automaticity knows about stuff :p they are cool can't wait for the release

really ?! then its probably very good :p i love games like this one which interacts with you and automaticity knows about stuff :p they are cool can't wait for the release

Well, the DS version was actually very interactive about the Miis, as you could access their dreams when they slept (I'm not joking), and sometimes get items this way, otherwise, you could make them sing, play mini-games with them, or even see them having an English Lesson (With the Japanese accent, though :rotfl:)!

I don't know about Tomodachi Collection: New Life (That's the original name of the 3DS opus), but I think these features will remain ;) !

Reactions: POKÉMON MASTER STRATEGIST
Well, the DS version was actually very interactive about the Miis, as you could access their dreams when they slept (I'm not joking), and sometimes get items this way, otherwise, you could make them sing, play mini-games with them, or even see them having an English Lesson (With the Japanese accent, though :rotfl:)!

I don't know about Tomodachi Collection: New Life (That's the original name of the 3DS opus), but I think these features will remain ;) !
haha im liking this game ! i really am ! i love the fact its like the sims which i love :p its very fun game and this one seems just as good !

haha im liking this game ! i really am ! i love the fact its like the sims which i love :p its very fun game and this one seems just as good !

Then, it's The Sims: Improved Version (With Miis!)! And seems like I got you hyped by talking of the DS opus !
I won't reveal any other feature, it would break the surprise, but you should know, that it's a game that you play 5~30 minutes a day, but it's still fun to play every day !

The 'Tomodachi Life' Direct is here :

I was surprised when I heard you can go on dates and build relationships with people. They really said you can do the unexpected on the game's official website after all, :whistle:

The 'Tomodachi Life' Direct is here :

I was surprised when I heard you can go on dates and build relationships with people. They really said you can do the unexpected on the game's official website after all, :whistle:
This Direct was hilarious and a bit awkward at the same time, but I think this game is chock-full with content, I read you can have different voices (the European version has the British accent voice, marry Miis and have children, play Mini-Games, earn money, design houses, customize your Mii's clothing, feed he/she, the possibilities are endless. Even though this game looks like a bunch of fun, I won't get it, I think if I get this game I won't have any time for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

This Direct was hilarious and a bit awkward at the same time, but I think this game is chock-full with content, I read you can have different voices (the European version has the British accent voice, marry Miis and have children, play Mini-Games, earn money, design houses, customize your Mii's clothing, feed he/she, the possibilities are endless. Even though this game looks like a bunch of fun, I won't get it, I think if I get this game I won't have any time for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

It had a lot of internet references and Japanese humor. If the game is like the direct, I would like to play it :p

yep! don't leave your lovely animals! and, uh, is this game really same as the animal crossing? it seems a little bit different becauce you can create your own villager! (but maybe it is easy to get bored)

yep! don't leave your lovely animals! and, uh, is this game really same as the animal crossing? it seems a little bit different becauce you can create your own villager! (but maybe it is easy to get bored)

I don't think so, the first opus of Tomodachi (on the DS) was quite addictive, and it can last a lot of days, as there's something new every day!

I don't think so, the first opus of Tomodachi (on the DS) was quite addictive, and it can last a lot of days, as there's something new every day!
I never knew the DS had a Tomodachi game, but Tomodachi looks like it's worth it, it does look like it's pack with more things to keep you active than a laid back life.

I never knew the DS had a Tomodachi game, but Tomodachi looks like it's worth it, it does look like it's pack with more things to keep you active than a laid back life.

It was Japan-Only, I didn't know it existence before either.

Yes, the DS had a Tomodachi game (but it's Japan-Only). It features things of the 3DS version, like the Mii News, the mini-games, and events on the plaza. By the way, the DS version has also its awkward features, such as things that try to guess what you'll become later or with who you'll marry, things like that, who uses the birth date of your Miis.

That's why I am not surprised to see some of these things coming back to the 3DS version.

Yes, the DS had a Tomodachi game (but it's Japan-Only). It features things of the 3DS version, like the Mii News, the mini-games, and events on the plaza. By the way, the DS version has also its awkward features, such as things that try to guess what you'll become later or with who you'll marry, things like that, who uses the birth date of your Miis.

That's why I am not surprised to see some of these things coming back to the 3DS version.

Mmm... The game (3DS version) is already 1 or 2 years old...
Maybe a wiki of the game would say if those features are available.

Back