Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's actually 2017 I think

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Klobb

Klobb

Sasquatch
Towns Folk
Hi guys! There was a lot of hype when New Leaf came out, and I noticed everybody was playing online together and doing... whatever you do in an Animal Crossing game. I don't know what that would be, I've never played one. :p
However, I don't see so many people playing the game anymore. So basically what I ask is, is it too late to buy the game and play it? I mean the answer is technically no because it's not like the game won't function or anything, but what I mean is how reliant is the game on multiplayer, is it still fun to do single player, and are there still people who enjoy playing it? Would it be worth buying as opposed to waiting for another full Animal Crossing?

Also, a bonus question, would Happy Home Designer be a better choice for someone who has never played an Animal Crossing game before? Cheers in advance. :)

Reactions: Robbie
I don't own New Leaf either but I've been pretty interested in getting it. I own City Folk and Wild World but I wasn't too interested in them. However, New Leaf looked really fun and lots of people had it. I'm not too sure but I think it may be too late to get New Leaf and properly enjoy every aspect of the game, as the series from my experience is fairly repetitive and I imagine people would have stopped playing it regularly long ago. If you're lucky you could get other people you know who have New Leaf and do online with them. Even people on this forum would most likely be up for doing online stuff with you.

I'm pretty sure home designer is literally only designing homes (funny that, huh). I'd suggest getting one of the main-series games first and if you have a true love for moving whacky furniture around a small room, then go ahead and buy it. It may tickle your Animal Crossing fancy.

Reactions: Robbie
New Leaf is my personal favourite 3DS game.
I would not say it's too late to buy it at all. I have had the game since Christmas 2013 and I still play it to this day, and I own four copies of it.

I highly would recommend New Leaf as your first Animal a Crossing Game. Happy Home Designer is good, but New Leaf is fantastic.

I honestly couldn't recommend the game more.

Reactions: Jisenku and BulletBill1019
New Leaf is my personal favourite 3DS game.
I would not say it's too late to buy it at all. I have had the game since Christmas 2013 and I still play it to this day, and I own four copies of it.

I highly would recommend New Leaf as your first Animal a Crossing Game. Happy Home Designer is good, but New Leaf is fantastic.

I honestly couldn't recommend the game more.
Cool! I must ask though, why do you own four copies of it. :p random white text because hey why not. I once had a guinea pig named Wobbles. She wobbled a lot. She also ate a lot of food and slept all day. If she waddled too much it was time for a nap. If she ate too much it was time for a nap. If she napped too much it was time to eat and then of course time for a nap. She was a great guinea pig.

Cool! I must ask though, why do you own four copies of it. :p random white text because hey why not. I once had a guinea pig named Wobbles. She wobbled a lot. She also ate a lot of food and slept all day. If she waddled too much it was time for a nap. If she ate too much it was time for a nap. If she napped too much it was time to eat and then of course time for a nap. She was a great guinea pig.
It's just super fun! I get to have 4 different unique towns xD. Unique layout, unique villagers, and unique design!

Reactions: BulletBill1019 and Klobb
It's just super fun! I get to have 4 different unique towns xD. Unique layout, unique villagers, and unique design!
Well ok fair enough, you're clearly an Animal Crossing addict. :p I've never thought of owning multiple copies of one game, but Animal Crossing actually sounds somewhat suited to that lol. also more white text because that's how I go about

Reactions: BonnetteForever
I'd say it is definitely worth picking up still! It's a super fun game, I've had it since it was fairly new and I still play it consistently as so many other players. There are still forums that have a very active trading community, plus the game is just really fun! I think you should buy it, as long as it seems like your type of game you definitely won't regret it. It is still really great to play and still has an online community. :)

Reactions: BulletBill1019
It's never too late to get it or get into the game. I'm still working on getting the game and I can't wait to play it. :D

Reactions: Kiki
I am going to have to agree with every flipping person on this thread, it is never ever too late to buy any game, unless it's some game that depends on nintendo NFC connection or something, but since that is not the case, and since you have like most of the people on this site to play with, you should have no problem with being a late buyer. Just grind some bells for a while, invite some of us people's to your town or go to our towns, and most of all have fun!

Reactions: SpiderCider and RogueZephyr
Dude, it's 2017... xD enough jokes, I still buy gc games because they are just fun so what I'm saying is you should definitely get it :)

Reactions: Jisenku and BlazingPhoenix
I wouldn't say so, I'd honestly play the game if there were more people to play it with xD

I don't think designing homes will be as fun as being the mayor, even if it does get a little boring at times xD

It's never too late to own an animal crossing game. It really doesn't look like Nintendo are gonna be releasing an Animal Crossing game this year so go crazy. I picked up my copy several months after it's initial release. I picked up city folk like a year before the Nintendo wi'fi went out, its never too late

Reactions: BulletBill1019
Dude, it's 2017... xD enough jokes, I still buy gc games because they are just fun so what I'm saying is you should definitely get it :)
I'm with this guy, i bought fire emblem path of radiance like 3 days ago

get it, it's not like the world has ended and people don't play online anymore, that or i'm the only one who plays online these days. But the point is you should get it

I think you should definitely get it, its never too late to buy a good game. You can do a whole lot in the game. The town customisation is now a whole lot better as Public Works Projects are added, and it will keep you playing for at least a month if you like Animal Crossing.

Definitely worth it to buy. Just be prepared to know that a new animal crossing game could come out in the span of a couple months for the NX or at the most 2017. I highly doubt they are going to push a new animal crossing game release out as far as then. New Leaf came out in 2013 so a new entry should come very soon. If you're willing to risk the chance of dropping out of New Leaf to divert your attention into the newest entry or being stuck with New Leaf while everyone else is playing the new game then go ahead.

Hi guys! There was a lot of hype when New Leaf came out, and I noticed everybody was playing online together and doing... whatever you do in an Animal Crossing game. I don't know what that would be, I've never played one. :p
However, I don't see so many people playing the game anymore. So basically what I ask is, is it too late to buy the game and play it? I mean the answer is technically no because it's not like the game won't function or anything, but what I mean is how reliant is the game on multiplayer, is it still fun to do single player, and are there still people who enjoy playing it? Would it be worth buying as opposed to waiting for another full Animal Crossing?

Also, a bonus question, would Happy Home Designer be a better choice for someone who has never played an Animal Crossing game before? Cheers in advance. :)

No its not too late. If you have friends to play with then its a lot more fun but its still a great game on single player. There is a lot of stuff to do on it on single player. The only good thing to do on multiplayer is for your friend to being new fruits for you or playing hide in seek with them. So yea definitely if your interested you should get it. its a great game.

No, of course not! As a technology person, I actually think it's the perfect time to buy New Leaf. For starters, the price would be way lowered since the game is 3 years old. For all the people debating to buy New Leaf in 2016, do it! New Leaf is a great game and is worth every single penny. ;)

Definitely not too late! I only just got it and I play nonstop~

It's Never too late to get it, I know a few friends who Play Animal Crossing New Leaf (I got that game Off Club Nintendo about a year ago before it was shut down) and I can honestly say it is worth playing. You can even visit your friend's town and Vise Versa.

Back