Toughest Elite Four of all Generations?

• Thread starter sufari1234
  • Start date
I agree, the second Elite Four gave me trouble also, I needed to go with a lot of potions for the Elite Four, I was under leveled compared to the opposing Pokemon.
I think it's kinda harder with Gen IV Johto because they make it that they have a new pokemon and the whole team is updated after 16 badges lol

I know somebody say I suck but... 3rd gen one was the toughest for me :p I was really underleved, team was sucking and played through the E4 like over 20 times -.-

I know somebody say I suck but... 3rd gen one was the toughest for me :p I was really underleved, team was sucking and played through the E4 like over 20 times -.-
Nah, 3rd generation was tricky for me also, my Pokemon was under leveled, I was inexperience at that so I sucked too.

Pokémon Y is the only Pokémon game that I have played, so I'll just say that that game has the toughest Elite Four members to beat. I actually had a hard time battling them, too, mostly because I didn't really have any strong Pokémon when battling them.

Pokémon Y is the only Pokémon game that I have played, so I'll just say that that game has the toughest Elite Four members to beat. I actually had a hard time battling them, too, mostly because I didn't really have any strong Pokémon when battling them.
I see. Well, from what I'm hearing Pokemon X/Y is one of the easier pokemon games in the franchise given that they've given a bunch of freebie stuff like the EXP Share (which has changed in mechanics to that of the Gen 1 EXP All) and the ability to gain experience from capturing pokemon.

I see. Well, from what I'm hearing Pokemon X/Y is one of the easier pokemon games in the franchise given that they've given a bunch of freebie stuff like the EXP Share (which has changed in mechanics to that of the Gen 1 EXP All) and the ability to gain experience from capturing pokemon.

Well, too much easier to win EXP and too much harder to win battles online

For me the toughest elite four is in the game heart gold and soul silver :) I had to use a lot of potions and revives xD

The second time you face the Elite Four in Firered was the worst, in my opinion. I lost over 20 times in a row until I finally beat it, and Firered is the only game that something like this has occurred.

The second time you face the Elite Four in Firered was the worst, in my opinion. I lost over 20 times in a row until I finally beat it, and Firered is the only game that something like this has occurred.

Same for LeafGreen. I remember that the first time, the Pokémons you face at the Elite 4 are Lv.60-70, and the second time, it's 75-80. But when you have defeated the Elite 4, it's easier to train your Pokémon thanks to the Sevii Islands.

And I agree with you, Blue (or the Champion of the Elite 4) becomes really hard to beat the second time !

The X/Y Elite Four was no problem. I just spammed Crunch with the Shiny Tyranitar that @Trainer Red gave me.

The X/Y Elite Four was no problem. I just spammed Crunch with the Shiny Tyranitar that @Trainer Red gave me.
Oh, and did I mention that it was level 100?!:jawdrop: I bought x99 of all the Revives and HP recovery items that I could find... As you've probably guessed, I had no money left after that... :( And they were all wasted!:cry:

It's broken because it gives all the pokemon experience rather than just the one holding it (plus those that are out) like in previous gens (besides gen 1). That basically means easy level up throughout the game and easier time reaching level 100.
And I'm guessing that you can switch out all your Pokèmon one at a time, and they'll all get 100% EXP?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same for LeafGreen. I remember that the first time, the Pokémons you face at the Elite 4 are Lv.60-70, and the second time, it's 75-80. But when you have defeated the Elite 4, it's easier to train your Pokémon thanks to the Sevii Islands.

And I agree with you, Blue (or the Champion of the Elite 4) becomes really hard to beat the second time !
Actually, you are mistaken. The first time you face the Elite Four they range from the Lv.50-60, and the second time it was Lv.60-70. ( I was just playing, it so I couldn't resist the correction xD)
That's true enough, but there was an insufficient amount of trainers to allow you to be prepared for the Elite Four the second time around.

Actually, you are mistaken. The first time you face the Elite Four they range from the Lv.50-60, and the second time it was Lv.60-70. ( I was just playing, it so I couldn't resist the correction xD)
That's true enough, but there was an insufficient amount of trainers to allow you to be prepared for the Elite Four the second time around.
Edit: 60-75.

Edit: 60-75.

I was almost exact to five levels xD (I just rounded the number!). As for the 70-80 for the 2nd time, Blue's Pokémon are at Level 80+. Really.

I was almost exact to five levels xD (I just rounded the number!). As for the 70-80 for the 2nd time, Blue's Pokémon are at Level 80+. Really.
Then that was a good job out of you.
Blue's highest is 75. Not a single one of his is in the eighties. XD

Then that was a good job out of you.
Blue's highest is 75. Not a single one of his is in the eighties. XD

Well, when I'll find my LeafGreen cartridge, I'll check. I remember having seen a Lv.80 against me once.

Please do. =)

I had big problems with the elite 4 in hoenn that ice lady, and the old dragon man, are very strong, i had to train a lot , to win them.

The originals were the hardest to me, simply due to the lack of information available. These days you can basically fight any trainer in the game blindfolded and win, because of how much stuff you can learn from other people and the internet. But in gen 1 I had absolutely nothing to guide me. No strategy guides, no internet, no friends who played. It was 100% trial and error, which made them the hardest. Plus I was young, so remembering the type matchups didn't work out all that well for me.

Probably gen 2. They have really high level teams. You need to train so hard!. It took me ages to beat them eventually...

Back