Toughest Elite Four of all Generations?

• Thread starter sufari1234
  • Start date
The X/Y Elite Four was no problem. I just spammed Crunch with the Shiny Tyranitar that @Trainer Red gave me.

Oh, and did I mention that it was level 100?!:jawdrop: I bought x99 of all the Revives and HP recovery items that I could find... As you've probably guessed, I had no money left after that... :( And they were all wasted!:cry:

And I'm guessing that you can switch out all your Pokèmon one at a time, and they'll all get 100% EXP?
The VI Gen Elite Four was the death of me. 217 failed attempts, 62% at the water chamber, not to mention my save got deleted after the Elite Four so now I have to battle them again. :rage:

The VI Gen Elite Four was the death of me. 217 failed attempts, 62% at the water chamber, not to mention my save got deleted after the Elite Four so now I have to battle them again. :rage:
So you still haven't defeated them? You can borrow the Tyranitar if you want, once my 3DS gets fixed. :D

Reactions: milesose
You know it is tough I've played HG B2 XD X and honestly I'd say the hardest for me was HG just because all my pokemon where inilated by the Champion I just jept using revives over and over till he missed and I finally killed him. But I actually would say XD was the hardest if you counted the last four people you fight as an elite four but... tthats just because shadow pokemon are OP.

Wait... 217 failed attempts?
Wow, that's a lot of work.

It may have been just be but I had no problem cruising through X/Y. You just make the story mode look hard. (I believe my only trouble was when my stun spore missed Viola's Vivilion and I lost the first time.)
Gen 1 was pretty easy for me as a kid.
Gen 3
Hoenn was stupid easy. Probably the easiest in the Pokemon series (if you chose Blaziken and used Kyogre on the Elite Four)
XD/Colosseum
I felt that although these games got hard, the game did give you powerful Pokemon to start with so it wasn't that hard. Catching enemy Pokemon made them feel completely different and almost a spin-off and it made the game hard because you were catching evolved Pokemon.
Gen 4
The challenge was certainly upped this gen. Especially when playing it for the first (okay I admit the second time in Platinum because I picked Turtwig) time. The Elite Four once again plays a major part in this decision (it showed for the first time bugs meant business if you didn't have a Fire type which is uncommon).
Gen 5
I think this game's more challenging spot was the Normal Gym and then the Elite Four and N/Ghetsis (had to use Endeavor to almost get rid of Hydreigon). But I found this Elite Four easier than Sinnoh's. This game would certainly be harder in a Nuzlocke.

I think the remakes made the older games a little harder (or easier in HG/SS case mainly because of Whitney) because of the levels of Blue's Pokemon and his variety of Pokemon mainly for the older gamers who enjoyed the first Pokemon games.

Gen 4 for the win! (Not sure about Gen 2 assuming it was like Gen 1 besides stats of course)

Toughest Elite 4 IMO is the Hoenn League (Based at every pokemon at LV 50)
The easy part of the Elite 4 is when you Over Level all of their pokemons :/
But what if everyone is at the same Level even yours?

First up is Sydney.
Not much Synergy in his team but hitting hard on every pokemon you have.

Second is Phoebe.
Her main role in the Elite 4 is to Drain your pokemon's PP using Spite, Grudge and Using the Pressure Protect Combo

Third is Glacia.
Her role is Endurance and slowly crippling your pokemon's life using Hail and Defensive pokemons
Her real threat is Walrein however. Besides it, you can just smack it with Fighting,Electric or Fire Types

Fourth is Drake.
His role is the same as Sydney's but his pokemon Sweeps like Crazy if he's able to Set up his Dragon Dancing Altaria or using Slamence.
Using Ice-Moves kills his cripple team however

And last is Steaven / Wallace

Their Pokemon has the same role but with Different Strategies

First is Wallace.
He's using, the ever so popular, RainSwim Team
Utilizing the Rain to his Pokemon's Advantage. using Ludicolo's Swift Swim ability to sweep teams with untrained IV/EVs. Wiscash for blocking electric type's attacks. Gyarados' Gen 3 Dragon Dance Set appears in his team(EQuake, DD, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam). Tentacruel's high special defense leaves special attackers to a stand off between Rain Boosted Hydro Pumps or Toxic+Double team the boosters to death. Wailord is Wallace's lead poke, be wary of it's Rain Dance, Water Spout, Rest and Ice Beam. Getting hit by Rain Boosted Water Spouts isn't funny. And finally Wallace's Main pokemon and one of the bulkiest of his pokemon. Giving her a Status prob would let her defense rise by 50%. His Milotic has Recover, Toxic, Ice Beam, and Surf. Attacks like that are already good in Gen 3's Metagame.

Another Champion is Steaven
Using bulk as his strategy.
His lead is Skarmory. My favorite poke, Skarmory has been in the Metagames since Gen 2 and everybody know how bulky this pokemon is. Boasting a Reliable Defense stat spread and has a wide movepool to boot. It's attacks are Spikes, Toxic, Steel Wing and Sand Attack. The 2 fossils in 3rd gen, Cradily and Armaldo. Cradily has a very Defensive Movepool while armaldo has an offensive movepool. Despite having 2 of the types that has the most weakness,grass and rock, Cradily has only 2 weaknesses that consists of only Fighting and Ice. Aggron, even though he boasts Supremely high Defense, it's actually the weakest in his team. Having Fighting and Ground as its double weakness, which is very common for a pokemon team to have. Water kills this pokemon very quickly cuz of its very low special defense. Cradily is another defensive pokemon that will take awhile to defeat after it has set up its cosmic power and is very tedious to get rid off unless you roar/whirlwind it away reseting its stats back to zero. And Finally, Steaven's Ace, Metagross. Metagross is one tough pokemon to defeat with Meteor Mash, Psychic, Earthquake and Hyper Beam (Which is already powerful in that generation). having its stats nicely spreaded but has higher defense compared to its Special defense and its speed is its only drawback.

For me it's a tie between the 2nd and 4th generations since the reason is the same : my pokémon were greatly underlevelled and since in the two games the elite four members keep getting stronger after you beat one them, Lucian and Karen were the hardest members to beat.

The Sinnoh Elite Four were the hardest for me. The main challenge was Lucian- he kept beating my Infernape, my highest level pokemon, even though I tried to train to the same level.

Now that I think about it, what I just said is quite similar to what Kyrce said.

Reactions: Heart
Gen 1 and Lance was a minor struggle. If I remember right, he had actually 2 Dragonites! Like wow.

Gen 4 Cynthia was the true struggle, her Garchomp was unheard of difficult for me. The epic music during the fight made me more determined tho to beat her everytime.

They are not to beat if you use a 85 to 100 lvl pokes I have to say the last one was a hot shot for her tactic

I have to say that 6 Gen Elite four has the hardest for me to beat because it is the only time I was defeated be an elite four member. Seibold destroyed me because I had 0 revives and 1 Pokemon for the entire match. The rest of my party Pokemon were destroyed by the other elite four members.

I've never felt threatened by pretty much any Elite Four. Gen 4 was pretty easy since I had counters for Aaaron (bug), Bertha (ground), and the fire guy. Only Lucian gave me a hard time since I had no Dark or Psychic Pokemon. Gen 5 and 6 had really easy Elite Fours. For Gen 4, I had to actually train in Victory Road before I was ready to face the Elite 4. In Gen 5 and 6, I just blazed through everything without coming close to loosing. That's just my opinion though.

I've never felt threatened by pretty much any Elite Four. Gen 4 was pretty easy since I had counters for Aaaron (bug), Bertha (ground), and the fire guy. Only Lucian gave me a hard time since I had no Dark or Psychic Pokemon. Gen 5 and 6 had really easy Elite Fours. For Gen 4, I had to actually train in Victory Road before I was ready to face the Elite 4. In Gen 5 and 6, I just blazed through everything without coming close to loosing. That's just my opinion though.
Gen 4 elite 4 was really easy. I had absolutely no problem with them. I had a few Pokemon faint but a maximum of 2-3 per battle and I revived all of them after the battle so no difficulty.

Back