Toughest Mario Game Boss

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
In the main series I'd say Wart because his bubbles destroy the vegetables that you are trying to get in his mouth when it's open (if you can do that while his mouth is closed and damage him tell me). Then Fiery Gobbleguts from SMG2 because he goes really fast and the planet you fight on is covered in flames, but looking at the fight on Youtube again it doesn't look that hard.

The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door. Without the help of the Shadow Siren Vivian, this boss is impossible. her attacks do so much damage! She can charge herself, making her even more devastating, and hit you, killing you almost instantly! A boss so powerful you have to correctly choose a perfect ratio of health, flower power, and badge power throughout the game to even have a chance at winning. If you don't, you will never win.

Out of the Mario games that you have played, which boss was the toughest to beat in your opinion?

For me, pretty much everything in the early mario games in terms of bosses. Most notably the lost levels on this note, that game was so insanely difficult i played and played as a teen but never even finished world 2 for goodness sakes, kek. It wasn't aggitating as much as it was tiring, seeming to be in the perpetual cycle of getting to stage 2-2 getting a game over and needing to restart from 2-1 more times than i can count (from me personally). It took me long enough just finishing world 1, lol. Never got past world 2 completely. Heck, id barely ever even made it to the world 2 castle on this game kek. I dont think im the only one who may have experienced so much difficulty just trying to beat the first couple or few worlds, ive seen many accounts across the web of people saying they will never beat this game. I can hardly believe my cousin got to world 8, let alone finish it altogether.... He also had his share of game overs of course, but proceeded faster than i was able to. Kek, i never even got to world 3 legitimately (no warp zones i mean here, if i said that right). Him? He got way beyond where i did. I still ask myself how on earth he did it.... Oh well, lol.

Setting bosses aside, the lost levels is by far the most difficult (possibly even impossible, one of the few times i would admit that!) mario game ever as far as my opinion goes. Super mario bros 3 was easier than this one and i didnt do well with that either, but i can definitely convince you guys that the game over count was conaiderably higher on my lost levels attempt. Im sure we can all understand that, kek.

None of the bosses from Sunshine; I know that much lol. But I'd have to go with Bouldergeist, especially on the 1 hit point challenge. It was a hassle getting a black boo to hit him because of the extra rock obstacles (his hands and the spikes mainly). He's definitely not the toughest, but he's kinda up there imo.

None of the bosses from Sunshine; I know that much lol. But I'd have to go with Bouldergeist, especially on the 1 hit point challenge. It was a hassle getting a black boo to hit him because of the extra rock obstacles (his hands and the spikes mainly). He's definitely not the toughest, but he's kinda up there imo.

Oh my god, same for me lol! That was certainly a tough one, even though it wasnt the toughest thing ive done in a mario game. It is kinda a pain in the neck though having to avoid just a single hit with rocks flying everywhere, trying to get the ghost bombs, and to add to all of it having to get considetably close to the guy to land only one hit. Then you obviously have to rinse and repeat. From my own personal experience, this isnt too bad during phase 1, but phase 2 is pretty tricky on this one. For newer mario galaxy players or the less skilled, i highly recommend practicing this guy on the original appearance where you first see him if you have time to put in the practice. Once youre more proficient with the game in general, its not as bad or tough, but this is pretty tricky if you havent played much or havent played through the game previously.

I do not at all blame you for saying this is a tricky one, i thought it was kinda tough as well but i managed to do it without spending 2+ hours on it. Either i got lucky or he is a bit easier for me than some.

Reactions: 423
Final boss new super Mario bros u been stuck on it for 3 months

Final boss new super Mario bros u been stuck on it for 3 months

Oh dear.... Maybe use youtube an watch another finish it? If thats not enough then maybe i can investigate around the web (or whatever its called, but i mean i will google) and try to get tips even though i not played it yet. If you want me to just ask i will do it when i can, but the choice is yours.

Thanks but beat it 10 mins after making this post

Most of the Mario games I have played were too easy! I think the old ones were harder but we had no old portable consules, the oldest consule we have is my brother's Game Boy which is badly damaged.

After all of these years, I still can't beat the final boss, Dark Bowser, from Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story >.<
I can't even get past the first phase. It's not that the battle is too hard. I've memorized the patterns and know what to do. The problem is when you have to mash the X button to suck in that Fawful thing to let Mario and Luigi fight it. After hundreds of tries, my button mashing was still unsuccessful, and I still haven't beat the game yet ;~; Sometimes I go back to it and say, "I can do this!" and then give up later. >.<

Antasma X is an absolute nightmare to fight in MArio and Luigi: Dream Team. I hated fighting him in the arena.

The last Bowser battle from the original Paper Mario. It is all about preparation and since I'm always too stingy to buy healing items in literally any RPG, and too lazy to level up before fighting the final boss I had a hard time beating him ^^

Actually, culex from super Mario rpg

Probably either Bowser in the Sky on Super Mario 64 DS (that tiny D-pad made swinging him around an aiming him WAY harder than it needed to be), or Bowser in Paper Mario (Probably because I didn't level up NEARLY as much as I should've, but it only took me three tries and four revive mushrooms...)

The manta ray from super Mario Sunshine sucked

The manta ray from super Mario Sunshine sucked
That guy actually gave me nightmares..

Definitely the Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. I found it completely impossible to beat, because you have to got enough 15minutes of dialogue just to get to the fight, and after you beat her, you have to beat her again two more times! After I lost for the first time, I rage quit, and I haven’t tried it since. xP

In my opinion, the toughest boss in the Mario series is in Super Mario Sunshine on the Nintendo GameCube.
It's not Bowser.

It's the boat.

Yes, that thing was the bane of GameCube players everywhere. It was awful.

Reactions: AricAttack
Idk if this counts, but I would have to say the little mini boss rush you had to do in super Mario Oddysey, while on the moon, it was pretty tough tbh, and it took me a lot of goes to beat it, the super Mario Oddysey cereal helped a lot.

Probably final Bowser from Super Mario Bros Wii. I had a whole lot of trouble with him when I was little. Not so much now though.

Back