(Tutorial) Get an Event Charizard!

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Hi, everybody!

While messing around with my computer's Wi-Fi and my 3DS's Internet settings, I have found a way to get a bonus Charizard holding a Charizardite X/Y (depends on your version, if you have X, you get the Y stone, and vice-versa).

After further research, I learned that it's an event Pokémon distributed in the GAME stores in United Kingdom.
If you don't live in the UK (just like me), here's a solution on how to get it:

-1 Open the command prompt as an administrator.
-2 Type this inside it:
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NintendoSpotPass5 key=pokemon01
-3 Connect your 3DS to your hosted network (security must be WPA2), and when you managed to connect to Internet, go back to the HOME menu.
-4 When the Nintendo Zone icon show up, launch Pokémon X/Y
-5 Go to Mystery Gift, and get your Charizard by using Internet!

/!\ Note: This method also unlocks the Nintendo Zone viewer, if not unlocked yet.

I'm not sure if all the events Pokémon distributed by GAME can be obtained that way, but that's still useful!
Edit: The Charizard is level 36.
Edit 2: You'll also get StreetPass alerts when doing this. Got 5 more Miis on the Mii Plaza thanks to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3dsatackman
Awesome! I was at GAME the other day and I forgot to do this. But then I read it's for people only living outside the UK :( Will it still work if you are inside the UK?

Awesome! I was at GAME the other day and I forgot to do this. But then I read it's for people only living outside the UK :( Will it still work if you are inside the UK?
I live in France, and it worked, so, why wouldn't it work in other countries as well ?
And yes, it would work, since it looks like you're reaching one of the Nintendo Zones that are set up in the GAME stores. Explaining why you can also grab StreetPass alerts by the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSuperKid
I live in France, and it worked, so, why wouldn't it work in other countries as well ?
And yes, it would work, since it looks like you're reaching one of the Nintendo Zones that are set up in the GAME stores. Explaining why you can also grab StreetPass alerts by the way.
Oh ok! Thanks! I'll try it out now.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I tried doing it on my Linux machine but it doesn't work. Is there a way to do it on a Linux OS?

I tried doing it on my Linux machine but it doesn't work. Is there a way to do it on a Linux OS?

I don't know for Linux OS, since I have done it on a Windows 8.1.
In any case, you just share the connection and name the connection NintendoSpotPass5.
I have also heard that this trick is also possible on Android smartphones, since you can share the connection.

the nintendo zone icon doesnt light up >.> maybe since my country doesn't support nintendo zone >.>

the nintendo zone icon doesnt light up >.> maybe since my country doesn't support nintendo zone >.>

It's not that your country doesn't support Nintendo Zone, maybe you have done one of the steps wrong.
Is the SSID "NintendoSpotPass5" ?

You can also try opening the NintendoZone viewer, wait for it to finish creating additional content, and check the HOME menu again. It worked for me. Also, if you're sharing your laptop/smartphone's connection, be sure to place it somewhere it can access Internet easily, otherwise that won't work.

Reactions: MMMs
Small note: I have done a Windows Script that set everything up. Just run it as an administrator, and configure your 3DS.
Don't worry, this is not a virus.
@dilawer: What Linux OS do you use ? Debian ? Gentoo ?
If you use a Debian-based system, try messing with iwconfig in the terminal. Or try setting up a VPN with the same settings (SSID = NintendoSpotPass5; Security = WPA2)

Attachments

• Start Network.zip
    449 bytes · Views: 18
Last edited:
So I tried to configure the connection on my 2DS (using your StartNetwork.zip) but it asks for the security key. Is there something I'm missing?

Oh wait, it was pokemon01. Sorry about that XD. I can connect to the access point but not the Internet for some reason :/

Last edited:
So I tried to configure the connection on my 2DS (using your StartNetwork.zip) but it asks for the security key. Is there something I'm missing?

Oh wait, it was pokemon01. Sorry about that XD. I can connect to the access point but not the Internet for some reason :/
Restart the network, retry to connect, do something like that. I had this problem too, and ensure that your computer is somewhere you can access Internet easily. In my room, for example, I couldn't connect, but when I moved in the house, everything went ok.

Also, yes, retry typing the password, and sorry for not saying that the password was "pokemon01".

Restart the network, retry to connect, do something like that. I had this problem too, and ensure that your computer is somewhere you can access Internet easily. In my room, for example, I couldn't connect, but when I moved in the house, everything went ok.

Also, yes, retry typing the password, and sorry for not saying that the password was "pokemon01".

Sure, I'll try that. Also it was my fault for not noticing it was in the first post XD

Reactions: D4rkDragon
i typed it in on my laptop do you think that that will work?

Small note: I have done a Windows Script that set everything up. Just run it as an administrator, and configure your 3DS.
Don't worry, this is not a virus.
@dilawer: What Linux OS do you use ? Debian ? Gentoo ?
If you use a Debian-based system, try messing with iwconfig in the terminal. Or try setting up a VPN with the same settings (SSID = NintendoSpotPass5; Security = WPA2)
I use Lubuntu and I have no idea how to do whatever you said in the original post. How can I do it with my Android?

I use Lubuntu and I have no idea how to do whatever you said in the original post. How can I do it with my Android?

Go to the settings, and select Portable Hotspot/Tethering.
For the SSID/Name, put NintendoSpotPass5, as for the password, put anything you want. Be sure that the security is WPA2 (It doesn't matter if it is TKIP or AES).

On your 3DS, go adjust your Internet settings. You'll find NintendoSpotPass5 if everything is okay. Type your password when needed, and wait for the connection test to end (Note: it can fail, it happened to me and @TheSuperKid).

Once everything is okay, go back to the home menu. A Nintendo Zone icon should appear on the upper screen, and you'll even get a new software (who won't work since it's a fake Nintendo Zone). At this moment, start Pokémon X/Y.
Go to Mysterty Gift and get Charizard through Internet.

When you have Charizard, you can stop using your mobile/tablet.

Also, @3dsatackman, if you do it correctly, there's no reason it shouldn't work. Your hosted network might fail, in that case, re-configure your 3DS to connect to the hosted network.

I was able to get to the 4th step(The Nintendo Zone lighting up), but when I tried getting the mystery gift via Internet, it says that I already have the Mystery Gift >.> i think it detected my vivillion mystery gift >.>

I was able to get to the 4th step(The Nintendo Zone lighting up), but when I tried getting the mystery gift via Internet, it says that I already have the Mystery Gift >.> i think it detected my vivillion mystery gift >.>

Probably. That's weird, because I also had the Vivillion gift, but I got Charizard.
I have an idea. Put you PC in a room where he can get access to Internet (but not near the router), and move away from the router until your 3DS only recognize the hosted network.

How do you do this with Apple devices?

How do you do this with Apple devices?

Well, I don't know for this one (I never had any Apple Device, if you had an Android, I could have helped you). But I doubt you can do it with an iPhone or an iPad anyway, because Apple don't want you to use your iOS device for tethering.

Go to the settings, and select Portable Hotspot/Tethering.
For the SSID/Name, put NintendoSpotPass5, as for the password, put anything you want. Be sure that the security is WPA2 (It doesn't matter if it is TKIP or AES).

On your 3DS, go adjust your Internet settings. You'll find NintendoSpotPass5 if everything is okay. Type your password when needed, and wait for the connection test to end (Note: it can fail, it happened to me and @TheSuperKid).

Once everything is okay, go back to the home menu. A Nintendo Zone icon should appear on the upper screen, and you'll even get a new software (who won't work since it's a fake Nintendo Zone). At this moment, start Pokémon X/Y.
Go to Mysterty Gift and get Charizard through Internet.

When you have Charizard, you can stop using your mobile/tablet.

Also, @3dsatackman, if you do it correctly, there's no reason it shouldn't work. Your hosted network might fail, in that case, re-configure your 3DS to connect to the hosted network.
Sadly my Android can not share it's internet because it's already using its WiFi adapter to receive the Internet. I don't have 3G or 4G.
Btw, I know how to access my Router's settings page, can I do something with my router to make it possible?

Back