(Tutorial) Get an Event Charizard!

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
Sadly my Android can not share it's internet because it's already using its WiFi adapter to receive the Internet. I don't have 3G or 4G.
Btw, I know how to access my Router's settings page, can I do something with my router to make it possible?
If you can rename it to "NintendoSpotPass5" (SSID), then, you can try.
Also, slight update: if you don't get anything on the HOME menu, try waiting 2-3 minutes on it while being connected to your "Nintendo Zone".

And if you still can't get the Charizard, try moving away from the router (unless you renamed your router's SSID to NintendoSpotPass5.)

If you can rename it to "NintendoSpotPass5" (SSID), then, you can try.
Also, slight update: if you don't get anything on the HOME menu, try waiting 2-3 minutes on it while being connected to your "Nintendo Zone".

And if you still can't get the Charizard, try moving away from the router (unless you renamed your router's SSID to NintendoSpotPass5.)
Does it have to be WPA2 or WPA2-PSK?

Does it have to be WPA2 or WPA2-PSK?
It doesn't matter.
Edit: But I used WPA2-PSK, so if WPA2 simply doesn't work, use WPA2-PSK.

It doesn't matter.
Edit: But I used WPA2-PSK, so if WPA2 simply doesn't work, use WPA2-PSK.
OK, so I got Nintendo Zone but it doesn't connect to Nintendo Zone. It says NZone is not available or something

OK, so I got Nintendo Zone but it doesn't connect to Nintendo Zone. It says NZone is not available or something

That's normal. I got the same here. Start Pokémon, and tell me if it worked.

Nevermind, it worked and I got the Charizard with Charizardite X. :D Thanks. Now I regret trading my Charizardite Y for the X stone D:<

Thanks again, dude. I still don't understand how changing the Network name affected it. Has anyone tried receiving it without network name change? Can we also obtain other mystery gifts like this?

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Nevermind, it worked and I got the Charizard with Charizardite X. :D Thanks. Now I regret trading my Charizardite Y for the X stone D:<

Thanks again, dude. I still don't understand how changing the Network name affected it. Has anyone tried receiving it without network name change? Can we also obtain other mystery gifts like this?

It might be complex to explain, but to say it shortly: The 3DS check the name of the SSID, and compare it with the SSID contained in the kernel (the kernel ones being NinZone). If it matches, then, the 3DS thinks that you're connected to the Nintendo Zone.

But why it allows obtaining Animal Crossing items and Pokémon Mystery Gifts is unknown to me, I suppose that it connects to another special server.

Anyway, enjoy it ;)!

It might be complex to explain, but to say it shortly: The 3DS check the name of the SSID, and compare it with the SSID contained in the kernel (the kernel ones being NinZone). If it matches, then, the 3DS thinks that you're connected to the Nintendo Zone.

But why it allows obtaining Animal Crossing items and Pokémon Mystery Gifts is unknown to me, I suppose that it connects to another special server.

Anyway, enjoy it ;)!
Haha, Thanks. I'm gonna keep the same SSID now, maybe, I'll get lucky and receive more mystery gifts this way. lol

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Haha, Thanks. I'm gonna keep the same SSID now, maybe, I'll get lucky and receive more mystery gifts this way. lol

Well, since this Charizard was a GAME (UK) event, when there will be a new event there not involving serial codes, I think you'll be also able to get it the same way, but I'm not totally sure. We'll see when there will be a new event hosted in GAME stores in UK.

Well, since this Charizard was a GAME (UK) event, when there will be a new event there not involving serial codes, I think you'll be also able to get it the same way, but I'm not totally sure. We'll see when there will be a new event hosted in GAME stores in UK.
OK, so I don't know how to get another event. Do you know how to get the Fancy Pattern Vivillion event Poke? When I go to Mystery gift it says you've already received the gift. Any help?

OK, so I don't know how to get another event. Do you know how to get the Fancy Pattern Vivillion event Poke? When I go to Mystery gift it says you've already received the gift. Any help?

Simply rename your router back to normal. If the SSID is still NintendoSpotPass5, it won't work, due to the 3DS being fooled into connecting with GAME's servers.
Change the SSID of your router and retry. It should work.

Hi there, I'm using an Android phone (Sony Xperia Z) and it's not connecting, what do I do if it's not connecting?

EDIT: Rookie mistake, I had turned off my data. All sorted now.

Last edited:
I believe this trick only works with PAL versions of the game (Europe, Aus, NZ). I got mine a few weeks back.

Back