Uh Oh!!! Animal Crossing In Game Purchases????????

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk
hoL9FrE.jpg

As seen in the above image, the rating for animal crossing new horizons is E for everyone but it also shows that the game contains in game purchases. this is probably referring to paid dlc. which i REALLY didn't want. i was hoping for something like new leaf where there was dlc but it was in free updates. This is the first time animal crossing is having paid dlc (pocket camp doesnt count). nintendo is making paid dlc for games that have never had dlc before(for example:pokemon and luigi's mansion). I don't know what exactly the dlc is but i have a couple guesses. I'm guessing it would include new recipes for crafting and new furniture sets. It could even include new islands to explore with many minigames to play. I just hope that the dlc doesn't cross ten dollars cuz i don't want to to be spending cash on this type of game but the game will feel incomplete for me without the dlc.so, i'll be forced to buy dlc. Hopefully, this was just a mistake on the website. But, the chances of that are low. What do you think the dlc will include?

Last edited by a moderator:
It could possibly be referring to the online service, or even just paid dlc lol

Reactions: Agentperson, Deepak and Alex
i dont think its referring to online services because mariokart 8 deluxe doesnt show "in game purchases" in the rating. BUT, you need to have switch online membership to play online.

Well, I guess this has just solidified my choice in not-pre ordering the game and I'm now gonna wait until after launch to see what happens with that.

Paid DLC I'm somewhat ok with, it's not great but eh, wouldn't be surprising. It's more so the fact that I hope this doesn't mean that they've taken "inspiration" from pocket camp, if that is the case then I'm buying it second hand.

Reactions: Deepak
Now you can actually go in debt so the choices are pay Tom Nook with real money and have great things or pay your taxes/needs and end up with not very much for your game. You'd think with it being on a consoles and not a phone they'd be better than this. Now all Nintendo games are getting the DLC treatment.

Reactions: Jisenku, Agentperson, Deepak and 1 other person
You'd think with it being on a consoles and not a phone they'd be better than this. Now all Nintendo games are getting the DLC treatment.

Nintendo have just gone too greedy with the switch. The whole manufactured stick drift, everything having expansion passes, the mobile games, everything. It's just way too much and honestly considering it's working, it's just going to get worse.

Reactions: DialgaKid7207 and Deepak
yeah... nintendo is now using every cash grabbing technique in the book. Honestly, i thought animal crossing was gonna be one of the few games they left untouched, but they didn't. Hopefully it's just an error on the website(fingers crossed). If they have dlc, i hope there's some other way to get the dlc for free. for example: a furniture set that you can buy for 75 cents can also be bought with bells but only after a year or so of playing the game.

Nintendo have just gone too greedy with the switch. The whole manufactured stick drift, everything having expansion passes, the mobile games, everything. It's just way too much and honestly considering it's working, it's just going to get worse.
Weird thing is that the Mario games has not receive this treatment outside of mobile games. Hmmmmmmmm.
(I'm not referring to Luigi's Mansion. I'm talking about the general Mario games like Mario Kart)

Reactions: 28142
But doesn't the Nintendo Switch Online logo represent "online service"?

E9EqPXU.png

Reactions: 28142
But doesn't the Nintendo Switch Online logo represent "online service"?

E9EqPXU.png
:eyes2:

HALLELUJAH!! It's confirmed. the "in game purchases thing has been removed from the game page. It was a mistake after all. OR.. nintendo decided to just have free dlc. Who knows? but the good thing is that there will be no in game purchases for new horizons. All's well that ends well!:)

HALLELUJAH!! It's confirmed. the "in game purchases thing has been removed from the game page. It was a mistake after all. OR.. nintendo decided to just have free dlc. Who knows? but the good thing is that there will be no in game purchases for new horizons. All's well that ends well!:)

That, or it was a later revision of the game/a full overview of the game that was rated and that stuff will come later in the life of the game and the new rating comes from what the game will be at launch.

Reactions: AricAttack
That, or it was a later revision of the game/a full overview of the game that was rated and that stuff will come later in the life of the game and the new rating comes from what the game will be at launch.
Oh no.....
please nintendo. spare us

Reactions: Jisenku and 28142
OK, Even if Animal Crossing did get In-App Purchases, it is highly unlikely that It could have been paying for bells/gems/currency. I would have assumed that it was just some silly DLC that adds a lot to the game. As long as it's not something like DLC packs that are just outfits, I would be fine with it having DLC. I'm surprised that ACNL didn't get some DLC, as that would have allowed for a lot of new content to be put in.

Overall, DLC isn't horrible, and can allow for developers to add in more content without having to skyrocket the pricing of the original game

OK, Even if Animal Crossing did get In-App Purchases, it is highly unlikely that It could have been paying for bells/gems/currency. I would have assumed that it was just some silly DLC that adds a lot to the game. As long as it's not something like DLC packs that are just outfits, I would be fine with it having DLC. I'm surprised that ACNL didn't get some DLC, as that would have allowed for a lot of new content to be put in.

Overall, DLC isn't horrible, and can allow for developers to add in more content without having to skyrocket the pricing of the original game
BUT.. wouldn't it be better to just have the game as an all in one package that comes with everything. there could be dlc but it should be free. this would be better. OR..a cool idea would be to spend bells to buy the dlc. but theres no way thats gonna happen. but i think players would be happier with free add ons rather than a paid dlc.

I'm surprised that ACNL didn't get some DLC, as that would have allowed for a lot of new content to be put in.

But it did, it had a fair amount of huge DLCs, they where just all free though.

BUT.. wouldn't it be better to just have the game as an all in one package that comes with everything. there could be dlc but it should be free. this would be better. OR..a cool idea would be to spend bells to buy the dlc. but theres no way thats gonna happen. but i think players would be happier with free add ons rather than a paid dlc.
I mean, Animal Crossing New Horizons could have like a Silver Edition or something like that to include all of the DLC, that way if you really don't want to get any DLC, you can just get the base game. DLC is fine, but if they start doing something similar to Pocket Camp, then I'm out

But it did, it had a fair amount of huge DLCs, they where just all free though.
I forgot about all of those free items. lol

I forgot about all of those free items. lol

I mean, wasn't just items, don't you remember Welcome amiibo? That huge free DLC that added actually a fair amount? xD All of it was free.

I mean, wasn't just items, don't you remember Welcome amiibo? That huge free DLC that added actually a fair amount? xD All of it was free.
I really didn't consider Welcome Amiibo as DLC, I considered it like ACNL 1.5. It was like a huge upgrade and It's just insane how much was added

I really didn't consider Welcome Amiibo as DLC, I considered it like ACNL 1.5. It was like a huge upgrade and It's just insane how much was added

Expansion, DLC, it was still a major update which in most cases companies would have forced people to pay for. In this case, free.

Back