Uh Oh!!! Animal Crossing In Game Purchases????????

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
I mean, wasn't just items, don't you remember Welcome amiibo? That huge free DLC that added actually a fair amount? xD All of it was free.
You're forgetting the fact that most of the items in this update were locked out by toys you need to buy separately. They again, it was still a huge update.

You're forgetting the fact that most of the items in this update were locked out by toys you need to buy separately. They again, it was still a huge update.

tbh, can't think of anything major that couldn't just be traded between people. I think as well you could get them by chance of them just appearing.

Expansion, DLC, it was still a major update which in most cases companies would have forced people to pay for. In this case, free.
Indeed, Nintendo was very generous with the update, adding so much to it (I will say it was a way to get people to buy Amiibo from them though. At least you got like 6 per pack and they were about $10) It really added more replayability.

Reactions: 28142
Indeed, Nintendo was very generous with the update, adding so much to it (I will say it was a way to get people to buy Amiibo from them though. At least you got like 6 per pack and they were about $10) It really added more replayability.

I'm also honestly ok with things behind amiibos, since 1) generally in games, amiibos don't give too much 2) you're not just sinking the money into something 100% digital, you get a very lovely and well-made statue you can display 3) if you really want to, you can buy the amiibo, get the stuff, then sell it again, or use a friends.

Reactions: Jisenku
I'm also honestly ok with things behind amiibos, since 1) generally in games, amiibos don't give too much 2) you're not just sinking the money into something 100% digital, you get a very lovely and well-made statue you can display 3) if you really want to, you can buy the amiibo, get the stuff, then sell it again, or use a friends.
I feel that 100%. It's amazing having a collectible of your favorite characters and it being useful in-game. It's like a Nendoroid on steroids

Reactions: 28142
No paid DLC so far. Hopefully never.

No paid DLC so far. Hopefully never.
Again, I really wouldn't mind this sort of thing.

STOP BEING CHEAP DEEPAK! DONT MAKE ME ANGY

Again, I really wouldn't mind this sort of thing.

STOP BEING CHEAP DEEPAK! DONT MAKE ME ANGY
Well I would mind. :eyes2: I'm sorry but i'd rather NOT spend money then spend it.

Reactions: Jisenku
If they’d dropped some paid dlc closer to launch, they could have made a fortune. Now it’s too late. The hype machine has moved on to lesser games.

Reactions: Jisenku and Deepak
Or, there's gonna be a HUGE update which makes animal crossing trending again, and then, nintendo drops some paid dlc.

Reactions: Jisenku and AricAttack
Back