Unlikely Survival

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
Welcome to the Unlikely Survival thread!
how-to-survive-banner.jpg

Do you wonder how to survive gravity suddenly failing with only LoZ Items? Are you an expert in surviving a chocolate overdose by magic? Do you know how to live on the moon with only one-up shrooms? GOOD! You have come to the right thread!
In this thread we'll discuss how to survive ridiculously unlikely scenarios with certain game items/fantasy heroes/special assets/etc.

House rules:​
  • Each topic will have a short intro and a few 'rules'. after that, it's discussion time!​
  • Please do keep to 'the rules' of the situation. (So no legendaries means NO legendaries, three different games means three different games, etc.) After all, these are serious topics. To make sure the topic rules are easily found, they are made red.​
  • I'll update the topic whenever it seems necessary. (When stuff gets boring.)​

TOPIC 1:
Untitled.png
The unthinkable has happened! Zombie-apocalypse in your area (in OUR world)! Food and water are scarce and hordes of the undead prey at you. There is no electricity and communication lines have gone flat. The lands are infested with the infected and you, as lone survivor must make your last stand. You are however not alone in your fight! You can choose six Pokémon to battle by your side! No Legendaries allowed, and you need to have two starters on your team. (They can be fully evolved.) How do you survive the rise of dead?

Tell us your team! Tell us why you picked those Pokémon!​

For your entertainment: Somewhat related comic series (zombie apocalypse in the pokémon world) click here.

Also, for the first topic I'll be tagging some pokémon/zombie/overall killing experts to help us prep with their great tips for an awesome team!
@D4rkDragon @Vii @Jeff The Killer @P2.0 @Spinnerweb @Bobcam7! @Eightcoins @Amit0603
Feel free to add (&tag) some experts!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Robbie and 18
I'm a killing expert?? Stahp, you're gonna make me blush.. :oops: XD Zombie Apocalypse, huh? Why'd it have to be zombies?? D: I think nothing else scares me me worse than the dead reanimated like that...

Er, Anyhoo, if I was caught in that, and Pokemon were my only hope to survive, I'd first go with (As my starters) Charizard, cuz 1: it can fly, and 2: it can breathe fire. :p My second stater would be Bulbasaur, Cuz it can use Leech Seed on the zombies, and drain whatever little energy they're running on out. :vamp: As for my other four...Well, I'd wanna go with someone who can mayhaps give power to the power outage..Like Pikachu! ( I know its used a lot, sorry. >.< ) But seriously, we need power, right?

Now we need someone to help fight them off should we get surrounded. Hitmonlee would be good, cuz if by some chance more come out of no where, it could extend its legs and speed on out of there! :D

And we do need a stealthy Pokemon, so Greninja would be my next choice. It can be on lookout duty if we need to stop somewhere to rest. Plus, if we could build some sort of purification machine, the water it produces could be good to drink! ( I heard that you can't drink Pokemon water, so that's why I said that. )

And my last Pokemon would be Espeon. Seriously, a psychic type would aid GREATLY in the attempt to survive. Just think, if it uses Psychic, it could control some of the zombies to fight off other zombies! :eek: And levitate us to someplace high if we need to gather our bearings. ...I think that's all I got, lol.

Hmmm...

1. Machamp- Nobody reads Pokedex entrys but some of Machamp's are a doozie. Long story short, it's he can throw a thousand punches a second and that would be some offensive!

2. Charzard- Giant fire spitting dragon? Yes please! Flamethrower and Inferno should burn the undead corpses and he can also help by escaping to the sky.

3. Blastoise- Another Kanto starter would be great for blasting the heads off of the hostiles along with someone to create water for personal consumption.

4. Tropius- Another Pokemon that can go to the sky as well as using moves like grass knot. Also, a Tropius' beard of bananas can be eaten for personal consumption.

5. Snorlax- Before you ask, here's how I would use him: You are walking around and it's getting dark. You find a house but the door is battered and looks like it will fall the moment you touch it. Barricade the door with Snorlax. :D

6. Ferrowseed- Trap setter for the win! Spikes! Toxic Spikes! Stealth Rock! This guys got it all! Mountains of traps should keep the zombies back!

I'm a killing expert?? Stahp, you're gonna make me blush.. :oops: XD Zombie Apocalypse, huh? Why'd it have to be zombies?? D: I think nothing else scares me me worse than the dead reanimated like that...

Er, Anyhoo, if I was caught in that, and Pokemon were my only hope to survive, I'd first go with (As my starters) Charizard, cuz 1: it can fly, and 2: it can breathe fire. :p My second stater would be Bulbasaur, Cuz it can use Leech Seed on the zombies, and drain whatever little energy they're running on out. :vamp: As for my other four...Well, I'd wanna go with someone who can mayhaps give power to the power outage..Like Pikachu! ( I know its used a lot, sorry. >.< ) But seriously, we need power, right?

Now we need someone to help fight them off should we get surrounded. Hitmonlee would be good, cuz if by some chance more come out of no where, it could extend its legs and speed on out of there! :D

And we do need a stealthy Pokemon, so Greninja would be my next choice. It can be on lookout duty if we need to stop somewhere to rest. Plus, if we could build some sort of purification machine, the water it produces could be good to drink! ( I heard that you can't drink Pokemon water, so that's why I said that. )

And my last Pokemon would be Espeon. Seriously, a psychic type would aid GREATLY in the attempt to survive. Just think, if it uses Psychic, it could control some of the zombies to fight off other zombies! :eek: And levitate us to someplace high if we need to gather our bearings. ...I think that's all I got, lol.
(I know , right? I can't imagine fighting of beings that used to be my friends....Yikes.) Nice picks! Though I might swap Hitmonlee for Tropius. Tropius has edible fruit growing from it's chin, and it's still capable of putting up a fight. ;) But I'd say you're capable of surviving the apocalypse! :thumbsup:

Hmmm...

1. Machamp- Nobody reads Pokedex entrys but some of Machamp's are a doozie. Long story short, it's he can throw a thousand punches a second and that would be some offensive!

2. Charzard- Giant fire spitting dragon? Yes please! Flamethrower and Inferno should burn the undead corpses and he can also help by escaping to the sky.

3. Blastoise- Another Kanto starter would be great for blasting the heads off of the hostiles along with someone to create water for personal consumption.

4. Tropius- Another Pokemon that can go to the sky as well as using moves like grass knot. Also, a Tropius' beard of bananas can be eaten for personal consumption.

5. Snorlax- Before you ask, here's how I would use him: You are walking around and it's getting dark. You find a house but the door is battered and looks like it will fall the moment you touch it. Barricade the door with Snorlax. :D

6. Ferrowseed- Trap setter for the win! Spikes! Toxic Spikes! Stealth Rock! This guys got it all! Mountains of traps should keep the zombies back!
Good thinking! As stated before, I totally agree on Tropius. Of course Charizard is a solid choice, but what about, for instance, Blaziken? Burrrrn those zombies! or kunfu them back into their graves! :vamp:

Reactions: P2.0
Question am I allowed to use the same pokemon for all 6?

Question am I allowed to use the same pokemon for all 6?
If they are all non-legendary starters (since you need at least 2 starters and they can't be legendaries), then yes. That rule is also in place to save the poor souls that want 6 Magikarp. :p

Oo, this is quite fun! Alright, I'll take a stab at this.

Since we have to have two starters, I'll deal with them first.

1. Charizard, obviously. For one, he can fly, which is probably a godsend in this situation. I'd probably fly out to a mountain range area and set myself up around that area. For another, he can breathe fire! Dead flesh is very susceptible to fire, of course, so this'll be a great substitute for a molotov.

2. Greninja! Not only can this guy be a really good scout, but he has a really versatile move pool. As well as that, his hidden ability Protean allows him to change according to the situation. As well as that, he can learn Surf, which is really useful for traversing large masses of water, which in traditional zombie culture means that zombies won't be able to get to me (they can't swim). He can also create his own water to drink.

Now, on to the rest of my team.

3. Forretress. As his name suggests, nearly impenetrable fortress with high physical defense. As well as that, he can learn a lot of trapping moves like Stealth Rock and such, which would be good when setting up a base.

4. Blissey. With the Pokemon centres being closed down and such, we need some sort of Pokemon that can give medical care. You always see a bunch of these helping out in Pkm Centers. Besides from that, in battle, Blissey is pretty bulky and can also learn Heal Bell, Wish, which can get rid of bad status from Pokemon, and heal itself. And also get food/healing from Soft Boil.

[Note, I would have Chansey with Eviolite instead for the higher defense but I don't know if items are allowed]

5. Magnezone. Electric pokemon to combat the lack of electricity. Also has the Magnet Pull ability, which could be useful in moving heavy metal objects. Not to mention it's a Steel type itself, so it's pretty tough.

6. Gardevoir. This Pokemon is known for protecting it's trainer, even giving its life. It has the ability to read the future and sense danger and in it's own Pokedex entry, can release a powerful telekinetic blast/create small black holes and does not feel gravity. Sounds like a pretty useful Pokemon to me in surviving a dangerous place like that. It also has strong telekinesis which could enable me to take resources from overrun areas without having to go on foot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25110
Oo, this is quite fun! Alright, I'll take a stab at this.

Since we have to have two starters, I'll deal with them first.

1. Charizard, obviously. For one, he can fly, which is probably a godsend in this situation. I'd probably fly out to a mountain range area and set myself up around that area. For another, he can breathe fire! Dead flesh is very susceptible to fire, of course, so this'll be a great substitute for a molotov.

2. Greninja! Not only can this guy be a really good scout, but he has a really versatile move pool. As well as that, his hidden ability Protean allows him to change according to the situation. As well as that, he can learn Surf, which is really useful for traversing large masses of water, which in traditional zombie culture means that zombies won't be able to get to me (they can't swim). He can also create his own water to drink.

Now, on to the rest of my team.

3. Forretress. As his name suggests, nearly impenetrable fortress with high physical defense. As well as that, he can learn a lot of trapping moves like Stealth Rock and such, which would be good when setting up a base.

4. Blissey. With the Pokemon centres being closed down and such, we need some sort of Pokemon that can give medical care. You always see a bunch of these helping out in Pkm Centers. Besides from that, in battle, Blissey is pretty bulky and can also learn Heal Bell, Wish, which can get rid of bad status from Pokemon, and heal itself. And also get food/healing from Soft Boil.

[Note, I would have Chansey with Eviolite instead for the higher defense but I don't know if items are allowed]

5. Magnezone. Electric pokemon to combat the lack of electricity. Also has the Magnet Pull ability, which could be useful in moving heavy metal objects. Not to mention it's a Steel type itself, so it's pretty tough.

6. Gardevoir. This Pokemon is known for protecting it's trainer, even giving its life. It has the ability to read the future and sense danger and in it's own Pokedex entry, can release a powerful telekinetic blast/create small black holes and does not feel gravity. Sounds like a pretty useful Pokemon to me in surviving a dangerous place like that. It also has strong telekinesis which could enable me to take resources from overrun areas without having to go on foot.
Getting a healer! Now we're thinking! Good call. (I might have ran into undead infested lands without a healer. :-/ ) It also seems like Charizard is the best zombie-apocalypse starter.

So far my team would at least have Charizard, Tropius and Blissey and any Pshychic. Gardevior seems great, I'd learn it Teleport for a quick escape.

I'll have 6 Chanseys and we'll just eat eggs together in a cave until it ends.

oh crap i need starters

Zard for flying and Blastoise for water, I mean out of all the starters seems he can produce the most I guess.

and then 4 chanseys for teh eggs

Reactions: Valkyri
I'll have 6 Chanseys and we'll just eat eggs together in a cave until it ends.

oh crap i need starters

Zard for flying and Blastoise for water, I mean out of all the starters seems he can produce the most I guess.

and then 4 chanseys for teh eggs
If I'm not mistaken Chanseys only take care of the eggs, they don't produce them. Unless you get males and females...:eek:

Softboiled as a move is literally infinite eggs tho, for everyone including themselves.

If I'm not mistaken Chanseys only take care of the eggs, they don't produce them. Unless you get males and females...:eek:
@ShorJaken YOU MONSTER!

i aint got no ditto

Chanseys are only female, they just spend their days producing edible eggs for attacking and sustaining, Egg Bomb and Soft-Boiled.

not that anyone would use egg bomb ever but my point still stands, chansey's got many eggs

Softboiled as a move is literally infinite eggs tho, for everyone including themselves.
i aint got no ditto

Chanseys are only female, they just spend their days producing edible eggs for attacking and sustaining, Egg Bomb and Soft-Boiled.

not that anyone would use egg bomb ever but my point still stands, chansey's got many eggs
Then what would you need 4 Chanseys for? Wouldn't one be enough? Since it can produce unlimited eggs? And if you're all about food I can advise Miltank (milk), Swirlix (cotton candy) and Tropius (Fruit) as well. ;)

i like eggs a lot

So silent, should I start a new subject already?

So silent, should I start a new subject already?

Maybe, but first let me answer:

1. Charizard -> Flying to get to place zombies can't reach, fire to turn them to ashes (try to get back from that undead).
2. Meganium -> It seems like a good pokemon to ride in order to travel on the land, and its vine whip combined with its height would be useful to reach stuff like fruits from the tress and the like. Also, it can use heal pulse to help my other pokemon (would heal pulse work on humans?).
3. Lapras -> Best pokemon to travel on the water... ever.
4. Metagross -> My main zombie wrecker, I don't think some undead human would be able to even scratch it.
5. Alakazam -> One of my fav pokemon, is able to teleport, can set psychic barriers and push away zombies with telekinethic powers, also it's pretty darn intelligent according to the dex so I guess I could count on it to sort of chat with him.
6. Miltank -> Milk for everyone and heal bell in case someone gets sick.

Reactions: PersonSP
Maybe, but first let me answer:

1. Charizard -> Flying to get to place zombies can't reach, fire to turn them to ashes (try to get back from that undead).
2. Meganium -> It seems like a good pokemon to ride in order to travel on the land, and its vine whip combined with its height would be useful to reach stuff like fruits from the tress and the like. Also, it can use heal pulse to help my other pokemon (would heal pulse work on humans?).
3. Lapras -> Best pokemon to travel on the water... ever.
4. Metagross -> My main zombie wrecker, I don't think some undead human would be able to even scratch it.
5. Alakazam -> One of my fav pokemon, is able to teleport, can set psychic barriers and push away zombies with telekinethic powers, also it's pretty darn intelligent according to the dex so I guess I could count on it to sort of chat with him.
6. Miltank -> Milk for everyone and heal bell in case someone gets sick.
I guess the whole Pedia is going to survive the apocalypse. Good! I'll leave this subject open for one more day (or so) before moving on to the next. ;)

NEW TOPIC!
246984-the-backyardigans-mission-to-mars-windows-screenshot-the-shuttle.jpg

You get a tour of NASA! It's just awesome, you get to see so much sciency stuff! But then there is this guy who goes on and on and oooonnnn about some random panel to your right. Boring. As he rattles on and on you notice a comfortable looking seat in the back of the room. Since this is going to take forever you decide to sit down and close your eyes for a moment. Obviously, you fall asleep. When you wake up you're in a one-way shuttle to Mars. Oopsie-daisy. (Bonus for anyone who knows how that happened!) Luckily you got some great items in your backpack. Three game-items. They are not space-related (so no shuttles back, or other cheats). How will you survive Mars? Or do you have a plan to get you back? Three items from *any* Nintendo game. Go!

Back