Unlikely Survival

• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
New topic!
latest

You somehow end up in a Mario game and you have to save Peach. Obviously. Tiny problem, you can't jump as high as Mario and none of the items work on you! What will you do? Give up? Find a way to save your princess anyway? Apply a for a job as Goomba? Surprise me! ;)

I will live in the tubes with the venus flytrap plants and become one with them.

Well, obviously not give up! D: The princess needs saving! ;~; If I can't find a way to make the items work for me, then I'ma have to get the enemies to beat up themselves. Y'know, make them work in your favor? For instance, you could use Piranha Plants to eat incoming projectiles, and use vines to make it over obstacles. :thumbsup: Plus, I'm willing to bet you could still throw shells if you stomped on a Koopa, lol.

I'd go out and collect enough coins to re-hire Mario. What's he doing sleeping on the job anyway? }P
If he needs an intern, I'd happily time him, keep score, and pass him the items he needs if necessary. (As long as he
requisitions a clown-car for me.)

I will live in the tubes with the venus flytrap plants and become one with them.
Fair enough. :p

Well, obviously not give up! D: The princess needs saving! ;~; If I can't find a way to make the items work for me, then I'ma have to get the enemies to beat up themselves. Y'know, make them work in your favor? For instance, you could use Piranha Plants to eat incoming projectiles, and use vines to make it over obstacles. :thumbsup: Plus, I'm willing to bet you could still throw shells if you stomped on a Koopa, lol.
True, but how are you going to stomp a Koopa if you can barely jump? D: But I admire your persistence.

I'd go out and collect enough coins to re-hire Mario. What's he doing sleeping on the job anyway? }P
If he needs an intern, I'd happily time him, keep score, and pass him the items he needs if necessary. (As long as he
requisitions a clown-car for me.)
That sounds like a plan. Though...with all those coins, you can also just be a rich playboy and forget Peach. :p

I get someone who can jump even higher than Mario, someone who would like to be the hero this time, someone who is such a coward he can't turn the offer to become a hero and finally be the princess' rescuer: Yeah, I'm talking about the Green Capped Coward Luigi! If Mario is slacking off it's only fair that he gets a chance to prove his worth.

I get someone who can jump even higher than Mario, someone who would like to be the hero this time, someone who is such a coward he can't turn the offer to become a hero and finally be the princess' rescuer: Yeah, I'm talking about the Green Capped Coward Luigi! If Mario is slacking off it's only fair that he gets a chance to prove his worth.
Good enough. But then what? Luigi is of saving Peach, what will you do?

That sounds like a plan. Though...with all those coins, you can also just be a rich playboy and forget Peach. :p
I'd prefer her to be in charge over Bowser. I don't think I'd agree with his politics. :p

I'd prefer her to be in charge over Bowser. I don't think I'd agree with his politics. :p
Good point. :p

Oh, right... How high are the Koopas if they walk on all fours??

Oh, right... How high are the Koopas if they walk on all fours??
Size_chart.jpg

I haven't found exact numbers, but I found a size comparison chart. Let's say Mario is ~1.60 m (he's not all that tall). Now, for a koopa on all fours we need leg height plus a little more for its shield. I'd say that's roughly 25% of Mario's height which translates to about 0.4 m or 40 cm. That means you can stomp a Koopa, but probably not from standstill. But, problem, most Koopas don't walk on all fours...

Size_chart.jpg

I haven't found exact numbers, but I found a size comparison chart. Let's say Mario is ~1.60 m (he's not all that tall). Now, for a koopa on all fours we need leg height plus a little more for its shield. I'd say that's roughly 25% of Mario's height which translates to about 0.4 m or 40 cm. That means you can stomp a Koopa, but probably not from standstill. But, problem, most Koopas don't walk on all fours...
Ohhh, right right. I see what you mean. D: Well then, we may have a problem... XD

Ohhh, right right. I see what you mean. D: Well then, we may have a problem... XD
Maybe get Waluigi to do the stomping? He seems tall enough. And since he hasn't had much of a spotlight he might just be waiting to have a go. ;)

Maybe get Waluigi to do the stomping? He seems tall enough. And since he hasn't had much of a spotlight he might just be waiting to have a go. ;)
D: Not him! We'd probably have to pay a fee for her rescue, and ANOTHER fee to get her back! :hilarious:

Reactions: MindzEye
D: Not him! We'd probably have to pay a fee for her rescue, and ANOTHER fee to get her back! :hilarious:
Not to mention tolls, finders' fees, insurance, fines for enemies stomped...

Okay, okay, bad choice. Try to train a load of Toads perhaps?

Okay, okay, bad choice. Try to train a load of Toads perhaps?
Would that be slave-labor or cruelty to animals? I don't know what to call toads.

Would that be slave-labor or cruelty to animals? I don't know what to call toads.
I'd say slave-labour... But not really, I mean, it's their princess. So you just teach them all about all the enemies and then they can work together to save Peach. :D

Reactions: P2.0 and MindzEye
New topic time? Does anyone have a survival topic question we might be able to answer?

I'm in a fighting mood. Maybe the next theme could involve a fighting game like Street Fighter? Going into one of those is kinda like a survival challenge.

I'm in a fighting mood. Maybe the next theme could involve a fighting game like Street Fighter? Going into one of those is kinda like a survival challenge.
Hmm...I never played Street Fighter. I hereby allow you the great honour of writing a topic intro! :D

Reactions: MindzEye
Back