Use alternate WFC Servers, even after shutdown

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I know that the Nintendo WFC servers are shutting down today at midnight, and a lot of people are sad about it. So to cheer you guys up, I have found an alternate way to still use WFC servers.
From Github.com :
Public test server available at 75.127.5.215.

Be sure to delete your WFC profile or save file before connecting to the server or else it will give you an error when you connect.

1) Go to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Setup
2) If you haven't already, delete your WFC profile. This will allow you to make a new profile on the new server for all games. This only has to be done once per console, not per game
3) Choose connection of choice
4) Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No"
5) Insert 75.127.5.215 into Primary DNS and Secondary DNS
6) Save Settings

687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f7751534b5230552e706e67

Patch NDS ROM
1) Download pleonex's SslPatcher v1.4:http://www.mediafire.com/download/s5ucc79m6xzrtis/SslPatcher_v1.4.zip
2) Drag and drop ROM file onto SslPatcher.exe
3) Use ROM file that now has [NOSSL] at the end of its filename

Wii Configuration
NOTE: You must have a homebrew-capable Wii to use the custom server. You must also delete any previous saves you have in a game. Ways around this might be possible in the future.

1) Go to your Internet settings and choose the connection you're using.
2) Set "Auto-obtain DNS" to "No"
3) Insert 75.127.5.215 into Primary DNS and Secondary DNS
4) Save Settings. It will say the connection failed
5) To enable the connection, install the offline network enabler homebrew app to your SD or USB drive and run it through the Homebrew Channel. Just extract it to the top folder on the SD or USB drive
6) Install brainslug to your SD card. Just extract it to the top folder of the SD card. (It doesn't seem to work from a USB drive.)
7) Start Brainslug in the Homebrew Channel and insert the game you want to play

If you are using a USB loader, instead of the Brainslug app you can use this Ocarina code instead (Thanks to FIX94 on GBAtemp for making this code) Ocarina Code | Source
If you want to search the website for more custom WFC server related content, visit this link:
https://github.com/polaris-/nintendo_dwc_emulator/wiki
@D4rkDragon , this will cheer ya up a bit ;)

What do you guys think? Is this a good thing that people actually care about the WFC servers, or do you think they should be shut down for good? Let me know in the comments below.

Reactions: TvSonic Serbia, 3dsatackman and Marc
Glad to see people keeping these games alive. I knew that Mr. Bean had been working with the MKW community to keep its servers running with the use of the Homebrew Channel, but I didn't know anyone else was trying.

Reactions: 532
Glad to see people keeping these games alive. I knew that Mr. Bean had been working with the MKW community to keep its servers running with the use of the Homebrew Channel, but I didn't know anyone else was trying.
Mr Bean? Rowan Atkinston? He was actually working to keep the servers alive? I never knew Mr Bean even supported Nintendo :eek:
It's a good thing, though.

Reactions: 18 and Goten4
Mr Bean? Rowan Atkinston? He was actually working to keep the servers alive? I never knew Mr Bean even supported Nintendo :eek:

Nuuuu, not the actor xD http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBean35000vr

He's really popular in the Mario Kart Wii community, not sure why his username is MrBean, though.

I know that the Nintendo WFC servers are shutting down today at midnight, and a lot of people are sad about it. So to cheer you guys up, I have found an alternate way to still use WFC servers.
From Github.com :

If you want to search the website for more custom WFC server related content, visit this link:

What do you guys think? Is this a good thing that people actually care about the WFC servers, or do you think they should be shut down for good? Let me know in the comments below.

That's a great thing! Well, I'll see if I can set it up on my computer. Thanks for the info, @AliHammad! Also, does that mean that anybody here will be able to set up a private server for 3DSPedia (We don't know, some people would still want to play DS games online, even with the 3DS)?

where there's a will there's a way. The shutdown won't stop people. xD

if people care about it and still want to enjoy online experiences then hopefully these methods will work out. Thanks for sharing. ;)

where there's a will there's a way. The shutdown won't stop people. xD

if people care about it and still want to enjoy online experiences then hopefully these methods will work out. Thanks for sharing. ;)
Also, seems like the server can still send downloadable content, so games like WarioWare D.I.Y and Picross can still be enjoyed past game. Also with the Friend Storage thing, I guess.

So, it's a good alternative, but for some games, it seems to require some modifications I won't talk about.

:hilarious: Haha, this made me laugh.

Thanks for posting this though. See, gamers aren't powerless, multinationals! :p
I don't think this will work for DSiWare servers though. Guess my Metal Torrent high scores never really had a chance :cry:

Thanks for posting this though. See, gamers aren't powerless, multinationals! :p
I don't think this will work for DSiWare servers though. Guess my Metal Torrent high scores never really had a chance :cry:

Well, I'm not sure, but I think it supports DSiWare games, except for Flipnote Studio, I guess.

Well, I'm not sure, but I think it supports DSiWare games, except for Flipnote Studio, I guess.
Flipnote Studio was fun. I remember when Hatena was getting shut down and everyone was so upset, a bit myself.

Nintendo said Flipnote 3D would be here...last summer.

Flipnote Studio was fun. I remember when Hatena was getting shut down and everyone was so upset, a bit myself.

Nintendo said Flipnote 3D would be here...last summer.

They said that... But in the truth, it will never come :cry:... At least, there's still a Flipnote-like homebrew on the DS.

They said that... But in the truth, it will never come :cry:... At least, there's still a Flipnote-like homebrew on the DS.
did you use flipnote a lot?

Were you one of the loyal members to Hatena also??

did you use flipnote a lot?
Were you one of the loyal members to Hatena also??

No, didn't have a DSi, got the Lite. However, I got the chance to try it once, and it was fun.
That's why it's a shame that the 3DS version of Flipnote got forgotten, and won't be released soon, I guess.
But, that's why I use Animatee (the homebrew I was talking about). Does the same as Flipnote, with AVI export.

Last edited:
No, didn't have a DSi, got the Lite. However, I got the chance to try it once, and it was fun.
That's why it's a shame that the 3DS version of Flipnote got forgotten, and won't be released, I guess.
But, that's why I use Animatee (the homebrew I was talking about). Does the same as Flipnote, with AVI export.
Wait, it's not going to be released?! I mean, I knew that the designated release date never became a reality, but I had no idea that they were abandoning it altogether. When was this discussed?

Wait, it's not going to be released?! I mean, I knew that the designated release date never became a reality, but I had no idea that they were abandoning it altogether. When was this discussed?

Maybe it will be released one day, but by seeing how things are going, we won't be getting it anytime soon, that's what I meant. I'll correct it.

You're welcome :)
This will work even for DSiWare servers. You can also download DSiWare from a custom server, also listed on the website. Indeed, gamers are not powerless.

From Github.com :

I'm somehow relieved that there is still alternate servers that can play the DS/Wii games: that we all love, but on the other hand, with all of these new games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8, I don't want to much effort to be placed into it, don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic idea, and it should stay around for a while, but since those games are being replaced by new, better ones, I don't see the point in placing a lot of effort into it.

It's interesting to see how this will work out though, and I think these alternate server projects should stay up until Super Smash Bros. 3DS or even Pokemon Omega/Alpha, Ruby/Sapphire :bag:

Reactions: 532
I'm somehow relieved that there is still alternate servers that can play the DS/Wii games: that we all love, but on the other hand, with all of these new games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart 8, I don't want to much effort to be placed into it, don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic idea, and it should stay around for a while, but since those games are being replaced by new, better ones, I don't see the point in placing a lot of effort into it.

It's interesting to see how this will work out though, and I think these alternate server projects should stay up until Super Smash Bros. 3DS or even Pokemon Omega/Alpha, Ruby/Sapphire :bag:
Oh, yes. They should keep them online. I know that the older games are being replaced, but people are not happy to give up their old memories for a newer game. They want to relive the last few days of those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back