Use alternate WFC Servers, even after shutdown

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, seems like the server can still send downloadable content, so games like WarioWare D.I.Y and Picross can still be enjoyed past game. Also with the Friend Storage thing, I guess.

So, it's a good alternative, but for some games, it seems to require some modifications I won't talk about.

Actually, the downloadable content comes from the new server, not the official one.
How? I don't know actually, they must leaked the needed data.

Actually, the downloadable content comes from the new server, not the official one.
How? I don't know actually, they must leaked the needed data.
They backed up all the resources from Nintendo's server and ran it on a custom server.

They backed up all the resources from Nintendo's server and ran it on a custom server.

Puff... That's a lot of work! 0.0

Reactions: 532
Oh, yes. They should keep them online. I know that the older games are being replaced, but people are not happy to give up their old memories for a newer game. They want to relive the last few days of those games.
Yeah, I know, but still, even though the old sweet memories should be cherished, I don't think it's good for them to stay in the past, and be despondent about this generation of gaming, these new games been improved in so many ways! Super Smash Bros. 4 is going to be amazing, and that's just based on the little knowledge that was shown at a Direct!

But I know how those players feel, and there isn't much harm in doing this..

Yeah, I know, but still, even though the old sweet memories should be cherished, I don't think it's good for them to stay in the past, and be despondent about this generation of gaming, these new games been improved in so many ways! Super Smash Bros. 4 is going to be amazing, and that's just based on the little knowledge that was shown at a Direct!

But I know how those players feel, and there isn't much harm in doing this..
There is no harm at all. Everybody knows how the games will improve, and they will do anything to play some old games. People still play the N64 version of OoT, even though they have the 3DS remake.

There is no harm at all. Everybody knows how the games will improve, and they will do anything to play some old games. People still play the N64 version of OoT, even though they have the 3DS remake.
Oh right, I am actually in that group of people who prefer the original over remakes, but I wasn't talking about the remakes, I was referring to iterations in series (for example) like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart, which are continuously updated and always bringing something new/innovative.

But yeah, I get what you're saying! :)

So happy to play on my ds lite again! Thanks for the address! Oh, one question does this server have support for Animal Crossing Wild World, Pokemon, Mariokart, etc? A reply would be greatly appreciated.

So happy to play on my ds lite again! Thanks for the address! Oh, one question does this server have support for Animal Crossing Wild World, Pokemon, Mariokart, etc? A reply would be greatly appreciated.
You're welcome. You should most likely be able to play them. If you are in doubt, check the website for the compatibility list and you can see if the game is supported or not. It most likely is.

Does it mean hacker open a new server for the ds

Does it mean hacker open a new server for the ds

Yeah, in a basic way to explain it.

Ok bro

This is really cool and I wish I could use it but I have no games that need the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection on my Wii, I can't find my Mario Kart Wii disc and also with my DS-Lite, it doesn't support my Wi-Fi connection type which is WPA-2 I think.

too bad but try to make it work for this new wfc

This is really cool and I wish I could use it but I have no games that need the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection on my Wii, I can't find my Mario Kart Wii disc and also with my DS-Lite, it doesn't support my Wi-Fi connection type which is WPA-2 I think.
You can change the security type of your router to make it work. You have to go to Control Panel and change a few settings.

I need help, when I try to enter the dsn to both primary and secondary dsn, it says the settings are invalid, I already cleared my nintendo wfc settings

I need help, when I try to enter the dsn to both primary and secondary dsn, it says the settings are invalid, I already cleared my nintendo wfc settings
Hmm. Can I see an image of the screen? You might be doing something wrong.

Hi, can anyone explain why homebrew is necessary? It seems like setting up some sort of transparent proxy to redirect to the alternate WFC server. So where does the hb come in??

Never mind the previous post, I did some research. Nintendo consoles contain SSL public keys.

I don't have WEP wifi so this method is useless...

Wow :eek: I never saw of this !!! I'm not sure if it will still work though :/ This really does sound like a good thing and maybe later I'll try it out , though I got bored of Ds games . . . I still have some doubts about this though , maybe the people using this to play online might lack , but still a good thing ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back