Was Shin Megami Tensei IV Worth $50 To You?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Do you think Shin Megami Tensei IV was worth the $50 that you spent on it?

Reactions: nicklesimba and Kaidan
Yes, and a lot. Why? The Nintendo Club Promotion.
So I can say that game worth a lot those $20 :D

Yeah. Like @Erixsan said, it's basically like I got it for $20 anyway. That promotion was amazing!

But yeah, even without the promo I feel it was worth it. It'll take hundreds of hours to 100% it...

I got it for $40 but it was worth every penny I paid. Being a fan of the SMT series I already knew it would be good, but I loved how they added new elements like the Burroughs apps, and side quests. The only issue I have with the game is that the maps can be confusing.

Reactions: BjFauble
I payed like 30 for it and to answer the question, I do not think there are any SMT games let alone a game published by atlas that is at least not somewhat enjoyable. Quality at its finest if i do say so.

I payed around $40 if im not mistaken, but the pack of cd and guidebook is good. the game itself is pretty decent so, yeah it worth the bucks for me

I payed $40 for it, and it was the collector's edition, with the soundtrack, and book-guide/ concept art thing. And yes, definitely, it was worth it. As mentioned before, I'm a die hard SMT/Persona fan ,so... the book and soundtrack was a must for me. :D

I would say when it first came out it was worth it but now especialy on the e-shop they should drop it down to the same amount as most games $39.99 id say keep it at that price and its perfect.

I was really lucky for this game. I actually found someone online that was selling the limited edition (yes, the awesome one) for only $30! This was a few months ago, and I immediately bought it. Was it worth it? Yes it was! The guide/art book was really well placed, and the game with it was amazing. One of the best JRPG's for the 3DS right here.

Reactions: dwikrid and Marc
When i played the Game on my Brother 3DS, it was a Amazing experience and definitely worth 50 bucks. It had a a lot of content and the soundtrack and battle system was great. I am going to buy that game to add to my Digital Library. Amazing Game Indeed :)

Completely worth. I'm preoccupied with smash demo/monster hunter/replaying persona 3 portable but SMT IV is an RPG fan's heaven. Its wonderful...even though Ive barely played .-. ("Get on that!" said the voice in my head.)

Edit: and yeah. Fire emblem SMT deal + first print edition more than made up for the ten dollar price raise. Can't say the same for the eshop version though. Persona Q will probably hold a 50 dollar price tag too...only Atlus...

Reactions: ErixSan
Completely worth. I'm preoccupied with smash demo/monster hunter/replaying persona 3 portable but SMT IV is an RPG fan's heaven. Its wonderful...even though Ive barely played .-. ("Get on that!" said the voice in my head.)

Edit: and yeah. Fire emblem SMT deal + first print edition more than made up for the ten dollar price raise. Can't say the same for the eshop version though. Persona Q will probably hold a 50 dollar price tag too...only Atlus...

Well, it will be on sale one month later for Holidays, you can wait one month and get it for $10 less.

Sigh. Too many games, not enough money.

Reactions: Robbie
No...

Because it's in the future tense, not past tense! :D

Sigh. Too many games, not enough money.
Yeah, I'm saving right now.

I got it for $20 and as it was my first SMT game I can easily say it was so worth it. Especially at that nice $20 price tag. Seriously though one of my favorite games on the 3DS right now.

i bought the Limited edition with the ArtBook/Guide and the soundtrack. The artbook was onle a couple of pages worth of concept art. but the guide was really extensive. though the guide was only for about 1/3 of the game. the soundtrack contains only a few songs but still totally cool. it was worth every penny. And it's an awesome game! totally worth it!

Then SMT IV or FE:A??

i think you should go with FE:A i'm a huge SMT fan but i don't wanna be biased. and i really think FE:A has more replay value than SMT IV.

FE: A all the way.

@Marc... I need help with this .-.
tumblr_mkws36UgVu1ry10fwo1_400.gif

Back